Sexlabutil.dll outdated when I have the correct version.

Hello, I'm trying to install sex mods on Skyrim using this guide. I think I've done everything properly except when I try to launch Skyrim, I now get a message that says "sexlabutil.dll outdated or missing, make sure you have the correct version yada yada". I have Skyrim 1.6.53 and I'm using v1.64c of Sexlab. I've tried reinstalling the required dependencies and have double checked whether I've installed the correct version of them but I still get the message.

What am I doing wrong? Am I just installing the wrong version of Sexlab?

Well off the top of my head, 

Installation Order can be a real pain, depends on your Mod Manager or doing it by hand.

I use Mod Organizer 2, although some say Vortex is similar...Thing is would not know how to go about the nitty gritty....Anyway a lot of people use MO2 even most of the You Tuber modders mostly use MO2.

If its like MO2, your installation panel is on the Left Hand side.

You want to make sure that SOS schlongs is above sexlab because it has files that overwrite sexlab.

Papyrus Util, HAS too overwrite Sexlab, dont have this above Sexlab in installation order.

Installation Order is not same as Load Order....Please dont mix this up, and yes very smart grown ass men mix that up all the time so I get it from people all the time what is installlation order yada yada...Well sorry but the order in which a mod is installed can really matter and matters more with Lovers Lab mods than other mod lists out there.

IF using MO, you just drag and drop change the installation order just like when you change your Load Order....With something like Vortex probably have to literally uninstall it and then reinstall the mods in correct order.

There could be other mods out there that overwrite sexlab and with MO easy to see them because it puts a +/- sign there next to mod letting you know files are overwritten.

There is also possible issue when downloading mods for "SkyrimSE", be real real careful about making sure you download SE version and no AE version.

Heck I have a mod list been working on for a year now, and just last week saw that I was using AE version of FUS RO DOH silient voice ><

Which it turns out has a SE version in Old Downloads section ><

IF you go to comments for that mod, there are about 100+ comments asking for SE version....But all the newbs modding Skyrim seem to think everyone plays AE version LOL newbs nobody wants to be on a game with continous updates blowing up their mods list every week/month/quarter of year !

Biggest reason why there are still about 5-10,000 ppl playing Skyrim LE because there are no updates coming and SkyrimSE version 1.5 has only been unofficial version people settled into for about year an half now.

Anyway hope that all helps.

Edited by Gameplayer
5 hours ago, stupids23 said:

Hello, I'm trying to install sex mods on Skyrim using this guide. I think I've done everything properly except when I try to launch Skyrim, I now get a message that says "sexlabutil.dll outdated or missing, make sure you have the correct version yada yada". I have Skyrim 1.6.53 and I'm using v1.64c of Sexlab. I've tried reinstalling the required dependencies and have double checked whether I've installed the correct version of them but I still get the message.

What am I doing wrong? Am I just installing the wrong version of Sexlab?

Note that Skyrim AE just got an update (from 1.6.353 to 1.6.629).

Update breaks a lot of Skyrim AE specific mods.

Fastest solution is probably is to downgrade Skyrim AE back to 1.6.353.

Look at this Youtube video about how to downgrade: 

You should also set Steam to not update games automatically. In Steam Settings you can specify a time period when Steam is allowed to download patches. Specify a time period when you are usually not online. However this also prevents updates for other Steam games, so you have to manually activate downloads in Steam's Administer Downloads sections for the games you actually do want updated.

20 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

Well off the top of my head, 

Installation Order can be a real pain, depends on your Mod Manager or doing it by hand.

I use Mod Organizer 2, although some say Vortex is similar...Thing is would not know how to go about the nitty gritty....Anyway a lot of people use MO2 even most of the You Tuber modders mostly use MO2.

If its like MO2, your installation panel is on the Left Hand side.

You want to make sure that SOS schlongs is above sexlab because it has files that overwrite sexlab.

Papyrus Util, HAS too overwrite Sexlab, dont have this above Sexlab in installation order.

Installation Order is not same as Load Order....Please dont mix this up, and yes very smart grown ass men mix that up all the time so I get it from people all the time what is installlation order yada yada...Well sorry but the order in which a mod is installed can really matter and matters more with Lovers Lab mods than other mod lists out there.

IF using MO, you just drag and drop change the installation order just like when you change your Load Order....With something like Vortex probably have to literally uninstall it and then reinstall the mods in correct order.

There could be other mods out there that overwrite sexlab and with MO easy to see them because it puts a +/- sign there next to mod letting you know files are overwritten.

There is also possible issue when downloading mods for "SkyrimSE", be real real careful about making sure you download SE version and no AE version.

Heck I have a mod list been working on for a year now, and just last week saw that I was using AE version of FUS RO DOH silient voice ><

Which it turns out has a SE version in Old Downloads section ><

IF you go to comments for that mod, there are about 100+ comments asking for SE version....But all the newbs modding Skyrim seem to think everyone plays AE version LOL newbs nobody wants to be on a game with continous updates blowing up their mods list every week/month/quarter of year !

Biggest reason why there are still about 5-10,000 ppl playing Skyrim LE because there are no updates coming and SkyrimSE version 1.5 has only been unofficial version people settled into for about year an half now.

Anyway hope that all helps.

Didn't work, I changed my installation order to have SOS above sexlab and have Papyrus Util below sexlab (I also use MO2). I still get the error message. I checked my version number just in case I'm reading something wrong, it says I have Skyrim 1.6.353 so I know that it's not that I'm using an old SE/LE version instead of the AE version. I'm so confused.

Also idk if this helps but here's my modlist in MO2.image.png.421505f08b95d4947952d3c80530d2cd.png

Edited by stupids23

@ OP

I had not occurred to me that Skyrim AE, had just updated....Pretty obvious reason for problems.

Myself on the SE branch, and I had trouble with game updating to most recent AE version.....So I had to figure out again how to solve that, downloaded the newest edition of the downgrader turned out that had to be a specific version as well >< to get my game back to 1.5 SE!

Haha,

So as Shadowbroker has pointed out, it is very likely that the SKSE based utilities and loaders are not yet working with current AE version number....So you want to roll it back to the last version of AE for best compatibility and prevent issues.

After you do that though there is still the issue with Skyrim wanting to update itself!  That got me twice actually ! 

So I am trying out this method here, 

So I have not tried this just yet, however completely changing the name of the "manifest" file should actually remove the game being seen in Steam library as installed!

I think just putting say _backup at the end of the file will be enough.

IF Steam does not know its there, it wont install or update it right.

This should give you a way to lock yourself into a version number to put off needing to update mods, a lot of big load order modders should or are doing this and not the first time...Caught me off guard a few times been doing mods for a few years now even making some for release it gets all of us from time to time.

18 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

@ OP

I had not occurred to me that Skyrim AE, had just updated....Pretty obvious reason for problems.

Myself on the SE branch, and I had trouble with game updating to most recent AE version.....So I had to figure out again how to solve that, downloaded the newest edition of the downgrader turned out that had to be a specific version as well >< to get my game back to 1.5 SE!

Haha,

So as Shadowbroker has pointed out, it is very likely that the SKSE based utilities and loaders are not yet working with current AE version number....So you want to roll it back to the last version of AE for best compatibility and prevent issues.

After you do that though there is still the issue with Skyrim wanting to update itself!  That got me twice actually ! 

So I am trying out this method here, 

Reveal hidden contents

So I have not tried this just yet, however completely changing the name of the "manifest" file should actually remove the game being seen in Steam library as installed!

I think just putting say _backup at the end of the file will be enough.

IF Steam does not know its there, it wont install or update it right.

This should give you a way to lock yourself into a version number to put off needing to update mods, a lot of big load order modders should or are doing this and not the first time...Caught me off guard a few times been doing mods for a few years now even making some for release it gets all of us from time to time.

So I should downgrade back to 1.5? Seems annoying but you live you learn ig