Skyrim Update destroyed my Game -solved-

SKSE64-Update was very fast - as always - thxalot :)

And here are my Casualties:
cbp.dll - no idea which mod adds that
Facegenfixes.dll
mfgfix.dll - no idea which mod adds that
PapyrusUtil.dll
SchlongsofSkyrim.dll
StorageUtil - old complaint, what is this
TimeFormatChanger.dll - well that sucks a lot

This Update is the total katastrophy for me - I am mid recording my playthru and will never be able to restore all the destroyed Mods rsp their .dlls

Whiterun plaza is full of black faced whiteskins = unplayable; will it be updated?
Papyrus will be updated, I'm very sure of that
Will Schlongs be updated?
Plus two .dlls I have no idea where they come from..

I was so happy to have a sane time format, rly hate this am/pm-BS without a zero.. ô;ó

Please forgive me just whining and not providing any solutions - I am destroyed cause they destroyed my game mid recording. No idea how long I will have to wait until everything is updated.. will everything be updated?

Crying out loud.. :( ..need a hug.. ;)

Edited by Nonkh
19 minutes ago, Nonkh said:

SKSE64-Update was very fast - as always - thxalot :)

And here are my Casualties:
cbp.dll - no idea which mod adds that
Facegenfixes.dll
mfgfix.dll - no idea which mod adds that
PapyrusUtil.dll
SchlongsofSkyrim.dll
StorageUtil - old complaint, what is this
TimeFormatChanger.dll - well that sucks a lot

This Update is the total katastrophy for me - I am mid recording my playthru and will never be able to restore all the destroyed Mods rsp their .dlls

Whiterun plaza is full of black faced whiteskins = unplayable; will it be updated?
Papyrus will be updated, I'm very sure of that
Will Schlongs be updated?
Plus two .dlls I have no idea where they come from..

I was so happy to have a sane time format, rly hate this am/pm-BS without a zero.. ô;ó

Please forgive me just whining and not providing any solutions - I am destroyed cause they destroyed my game mid recording. No idea how long I will have to wait until everything is updated.. will everything be updated?

Crying out loud.. :( ..need a hug.. ;)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618

Just revert SKSE update you made and use this downgrade patcher (1.6.629 -> 1.6.353), worked awesome for me. Hopefully you didn't lose saves before launching the updated version?

And when all the mods you're using will update - you can safely update your modpack

Edited by Xenoramos

45 minutes ago, Xenoramos said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618

Just revert SKSE update you made and use this downgrade patcher (1.6.629 -> 1.6.353), worked awesome for me. Hopefully you didn't lose saves before launching the updated version?

And when all the mods you're using will update - you can safely update your modpack

Thxalot! I was hoping for somesuch but not really.. trying the Best-of-Both-Version - downloading right now :)

Your english is not as terrible as mine ;)

Edit:

No did not work for me, the downgrade was too drastic. Now my Sexlab and Schlongs are too new to work. Sex with my follower isn't working and there are of course no Schlongs (is that rly a word in english? never heard it before this..).
Guess I need a downgrade to what was SKSE64-Version ending with 3.5.3.

7 minutes ago, Nonkh said:

Thxalot! I was hoping for somesuch but not really.. trying the Best-of-Both-Version - downloading right now :)

Your english is not as terrible as mine ;)

Edit:

No did not work for me, the downgrade was too drastic. Now my Sexlab and Schlongs are too new to work. Sex with my follower isn't working and there are of course no Schlongs (is that rly a word in english? never heard it before this..).
Guess I need a downgrade to what was SKSE64-Version ending with 3.5.3.

I've used the file from the bottom of the list, the "FullPatcher_1.6.629.0-1.6.353.0.exe" one, it worked awesome, no issues happened with my mods, including scripted ones or any NPC faces.

Before the patch SkyrimSE's version was 1.6.353 (you can check it on Steam's recent activity on library page), so this is the version you probably want too

34 minutes ago, Xenoramos said:

I've used the file from the bottom of the list, the "FullPatcher_1.6.629.0-1.6.353.0.exe" one, it worked awesome, no issues happened with my mods, including scripted ones or any NPC faces.

Before the patch SkyrimSE's version was 1.6.353 (you can check it on Steam's recent activity on library page), so this is the version you probably want too

Ok done the big one.
Now SKSE64 Loader complains about me running Version 1.5.97 - which might be the result of using the other patcher.
Am I rly forced to reinstall Skyrim completely?
Or is there another way around this?
So desperate.. ô;ó

1 hour ago, Nonkh said:

Ok done the big one.
Now SKSE64 Loader complains about me running Version 1.5.97 - which might be the result of using the other patcher.
Am I rly forced to reinstall Skyrim completely?
Or is there another way around this?
So desperate.. ô;ó

If you have used other patcher - try check game integrity via Steam (right click - properties - local files - on the right should be a button to check it), hen install this patch I mentioned

41 minutes ago, Xenoramos said:

If you have used other patcher - try check game integrity via Steam (right click - properties - local files - on the right should be a button to check it), hen install this patch I mentioned

Hrm still not working..
Steam repairs files.
I start the 3GB downgrader.
When I try to start the game via the Jan 6, 2022 SKSE64_loader.exe it complains that I have the outdated game version 1.5.97 where 1.6.353 was expected.

Why is my game in 2020 state after the integrity check?
I thought that would be something like a reinstallation..

Hypothetical question:
Is it possible to reinstall the game without uninstalling it first?

Otherwise I would have to learn how to make a profile in vortex that only contains enabled mods.. ô;ó

21 minutes ago, Nonkh said:

Hrm still not working..
Steam repairs files.
I start the 3GB downgrader.
When I try to start the game via the Jan 6, 2022 SKSE64_loader.exe it complains that I have the outdated game version 1.5.97 where 1.6.353 was expected.

Why is my game in 2020 state after the integrity check?
I thought that would be something like a reinstallation..

Hypothetical question:
Is it possible to reinstall the game without uninstalling it first?

Otherwise I would have to learn how to make a profile in vortex that only contains enabled mods.. ô;ó

Are you sure you downloaded correct version of downgrade patch? Use the exact same one as I sent name, it's on the bottom of the list on "old files". Use "Ctrl+F" on the page and search the "FullPatcher_1.6.629.0-1.6.353.0.exe" there, it should work. It's 202MB size.

The 3GB downgrader - is for those who want to revert Anniversary Update and install latest SE version prior to AE.

And you can just rename "skyrim special edition" folder to something else and check integrity, Steam will download new Skyrim without removing old one

Edited by Xenoramos

1 hour ago, Xenoramos said:

Are you sure you downloaded correct version of downgrade patch? Use the exact same one as I sent name, it's on the bottom of the list on "old files". Use "Ctrl+F" on the page and search the "FullPatcher_1.6.629.0-1.6.353.0.exe" there, it should work. It's 202MB size.

The 3GB downgrader - is for those who want to revert Anniversary Update and install latest SE version prior to AE.

And you can just rename "skyrim special edition" folder to something else and check integrity, Steam will download new Skyrim without removing old one

Aah, I took the top one, will try the correct one now. :)

Edit:

Yeah it runs as before - thank you very much for your help and indulgance. :)

45 minutes ago, Nonkh said:

Aah, I took the top one, will try the correct one now. :)

Edit:

Yeah it runs as before - thank you very much for your help and indulgance. :)

Glad I could help. I just looked for a way to fix it on my own modpack, and found the solution less than hour before I saw your topic here, so decided to share it :)

• Nonkh changed the title to Skyrim Update destroyed my Game -solved-
On 9/17/2022 at 12:12 PM, Xenoramos said:

Glad I could help. I just looked for a way to fix it on my own modpack, and found the solution less than hour before I saw your topic here, so decided to share it :)

this is exactly what i needed to see and it worked!! wow skyrim was ruined for like half an hour for me, that was scary. but now its back, thank you!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...