Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch Vs Squares

25 minutes ago, Nad_maximum said:

Yea I think so too. But idk why. I installed English version and downloaded patch from nexus. 

it is not a question of language but of unrecognised characters, you must act on the font swf.

Let me explain, it is clear that in the version you downloaded, the font was not properly fixed, which brings you back to your problem. I made a tutorial on how to fix it if it helps

(although it's for Skyrim LE, the steps are the same)

https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/17287-tutorial-how-to-change-fonts-in-skyrim/

36 minutes ago, Nad_maximum said:

Yea I think so too. But idk why. I installed English version and downloaded patch from nexus. 

first check the path skyrimse\data\interface, you should have the file (a TXT) named fontconfig set as you see in the image

in addition to this, you should have a swf file named with the font used

Immagine.png.26d4440c72e8f3a94c1c7330a09078cf.png

9 hours ago, lisander68 said:

it is not a question of language but of unrecognised characters, you must act on the font swf.

Let me explain, it is clear that in the version you downloaded, the font was not properly fixed, which brings you back to your problem. I made a tutorial on how to fix it if it helps

(although it's for Skyrim LE, the steps are the same)

https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/17287-tutorial-how-to-change-fonts-in-skyrim/

As far as I know the unofficial patch does not come with any custom fonts, nor does it have any external dependencies on 3rd party fonts. But other than that, yes it could be a font issue. The records that the patch changed, now have characters that the font you have installed can't display. If you have a custom font installed, might want to drop back to using the default font to see if it fixes it.

10 hours ago, lisander68 said:

irst check the path skyrimse\data\interface, you should have the file (a TXT) named fontconfig set as you see in the image

in addition to this, you should have a swf file named with the font used

No interface directrory

No fontconfig file

No swf files

1 hour ago, traison said:

As far as I know the unofficial patch does not come with any custom fonts, nor does it have any external dependencies on 3rd party fonts. But other than that, yes it could be a font issue. The records that the patch changed, now have characters that the font you have installed can't display. If you have a custom font installed, might want to drop back to using the default font to see if it fixes it.

the patch is supplied with the original font. It is very strange in any case, that the texts are not visible. Looking at the bsa of the AS LAL, the container shows nothing, that could be the problem.  I just wonder what a completely empty 10MB file is doing there

Immagine.png.ced051ab7e4e2ec263c2a6ce737639aa.png

1 hour ago, lisander68 said:

the patch is supplied with the original font. It is very strange in any case, that the texts are not visible. Looking at the bsa of the AS LAL, the container shows nothing, that could be the problem.  I just wonder what a completely empty 10MB file is doing there

It is not empty, time to update your bsa utility. Besides, this is not related to the issue the OP is having. The issue is in the unofficial skyrim patch, apparently, since toggling that on/off toggles the problem on/off.

Spoiler

time_to_upgrade.jpg.acbb59e4b3aad24d3b2ef91dcc626282.jpg

As for the issue at hand here, the only thing I can suggest is that you open your entire loadorder as-is in xEdit and inspect the dialog topics that are problematic. Make sure you're not for instance running a french game with an english patch, or have something else overriding the changes made by the unofficial patch etc. This is what you get when you install a russian, chinese or japanese mod on an english Skyrim. You probably haven't done that, but my point is I don't know of anything else that causes issues like this.

1 hour ago, traison said:

It is not empty, time to update your bsa utility. Besides, this is not related to the issue the OP is having. The issue is in the unofficial skyrim patch, apparently, since toggling that on/off toggles the problem on/off.

Reveal hidden contents

time_to_upgrade.jpg.acbb59e4b3aad24d3b2ef91dcc626282.jpg

As for the issue at hand here, the only thing I can suggest is that you open your entire loadorder as-is in xEdit and inspect the dialog topics that are problematic. Make sure you're not for instance running a french game with an english patch, or have something else overriding the changes made by the unofficial patch etc. This is what you get when you install a russian, chinese or japanese mod on an english Skyrim. You probably haven't done that, but my point is I don't know of anything else that causes issues like this.

From the last two screens it is not alternative start that is the problem, but it looks like the prostitution mod. You should try deactivating that

30 minutes ago, lisander68 said:

From the last two screens it is not alternative start that is the problem, but it looks like the prostitution mod. You should try deactivating that

It is ussep. 

In advanced console it say that square name of npc and items was changed by ussep

Edited by Nad_maximum
54 minutes ago, Nad_maximum said:

It is ussep. 

In advanced console it say that square name of npc and items was changed by ussep

ussep you can simply deactivate it, basically it changes little and nothing, it is not indispensable, it is only required for certain mods, which sometimes work anyway

1 hour ago, lisander68 said:

ussep you can simply deactivate it, basically it changes little and nothing, it is not indispensable, it is only required for certain mods, which sometimes work anyway

Yea, I need it only for AS lal. 

Btw, where can I find other versions on usssep? May be it will help

I did it. I just reinstalled USSEP from another sourse. 

Despite saying this

You are downloading an archived version of this mod which is no longer supported by the mod author. Please do not report issues encountered while playing with this version as they may already be fixed in the latest release.

It jsut works

• 5 months later...