WARNING: This mod will disable AAF completely.

For days, I could not figure out WTF was causing AAF to act like it dont even exist on my computer... I thought it was a mod, that I can disable.... I forgot I had installed this. I tried for 3 days to find what was causing AAF to complexly shut down.... Reason why this was so easy to forget, is because its a manual install and a tiny little file. I cant believe I've uninstalled and reinstalled like 50 mods, and it was this fucker, the whole time.... DO NOT INSTALL THIS.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3975?tab=description

On 7/29/2022 at 8:35 AM, kaindayo said:

For days, I could not figure out WTF was causing AAF to act like it dont even exist on my computer... I thought it was a mod, that I can disable.... I forgot I had installed this. I tried for 3 days to find what was causing AAF to complexly shut down.... Reason why this was so easy to forget, is because its a manual install and a tiny little file. I cant believe I've uninstalled and reinstalled like 50 mods, and it was this fucker, the whole time.... DO NOT INSTALL THIS.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3975?tab=description

Thank you for the report.  That is indeed true.  Crosshair mods don't get along with AAF.  Anything that removes / hides / messes with the in game crosshair or the compass will potentially cause AAF to be broken or otherwise not work correctly due to the way those mods change certain files.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you! I was considering this mod two days ago on Nexus and read yr comment there warning us off (I'm assuming its yours as it is verbatim to this one). Aaand... I may have found the answer to why some of the animations in AAF are messed up in my game in previous comments here. I have one mod that adds cross hair options to scopes which I really like, but... if it is an issue, then I can disable it for my naughty game and keep it for my 'wholesome' game.

On 8/2/2022 at 12:23 PM, Sgt. Marge said:

Thank you for the report.  That is indeed true.  Crosshair mods don't get along with AAF.  Anything that removes / hides / messes with the in game crosshair or the compass will potentially cause AAF to be broken or otherwise not work correctly due to the way those mods change certain files.

hunh... I am soooo glad I clicked on this discussion. Do you think a crosshair mod would mess up animations without killing AAF? I've been having some animations replace my female character's body with a male body for the duration of the animation (the issue I logged into LL to ask about).

9 hours ago, ShadowKraz42 said:

hunh... I am soooo glad I clicked on this discussion. Do you think a crosshair mod would mess up animations without killing AAF? I've been having some animations replace my female character's body with a male body for the duration of the animation (the issue I logged into LL to ask about).

Here's a test method:

Record which animations you are having a problem with.  Disable that cross hair mod.  Start new game.  Test those AAF animations in bathroom with spouse or use alternate start mod to test post-war.  See if the problem persists.

Home key to bring up AAF UI

Use the hotkeys as described to select actors / space / scene

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 8:45 PM, Sgt. Marge said:

Here's a test method:

Record which animations you are having a problem with.  Disable that cross hair mod.  Start new game.  Test those AAF animations in bathroom with spouse or use alternate start mod to test post-war.  See if the problem persists.

Home key to bring up AAF UI

Use the hotkeys as described to select actors / space / scene

OK... new info. It was not the crosshair affecting mod, See Through Scopes, it was another one (and its direct derivatives) I got at the same time, Tactical Reload. I disabled See Through Scopes, tested... and problem still there. Soooo, I disabled Tactical Reload, tested, and problem gone. Because I love the See Through Scopes, I re-enabled it... and problem still gone! I've played >10 hours since wandering downtown, settlements, Diamond City and Bunker Hill. Still no problem but a lot of sex (poor Azura is tuckered out). Have I found an exception to the rule that all scope mods break AAF? I hope so because, yeah, I do really love that mod.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 8:47 PM, ShadowKraz42 said:

Just an update. I've been playing using Buffout4, AAF, and See Through Scopes for almost a month now and they have been getting along very nicely. I still have to get rid of the AAF 68% message, but that has been low priority. *sigh* But that's for another topic.

How is your AAF still stuck at 68%? I might not know what causes the issue, but I know for certain that STS doesn't cause it. I've been playing with AAF and STS for months without any of them breaking, so something else must be the problem here...

Also, regarding the linked crosshair mod...

If you want to use different crosshair than the vanilla one, just download and install FallUI - HUD. You can keep your vanilla HUD with it and customize the crosshair to always be minimal, or you can just download someone's HUD preset and have completely new HUD.

Hope this helps!

On 10/30/2022 at 7:19 PM, rubber_duck said:

How is your AAF still stuck at 68%? I might not know what causes the issue, but I know for certain that STS doesn't cause it. I've been playing with AAF and STS for months without any of them breaking, so something else must be the problem here...

Also, regarding the linked crosshair mod...

If you want to use different crosshair than the vanilla one, just download and install FallUI - HUD. You can keep your vanilla HUD with it and customize the crosshair to always be minimal, or you can just download someone's HUD preset and have completely new HUD.

Hope this helps!

The last part does, thank you.

As for AAF... I discovered yesterday that I DO NOT have an "AAF stuck at 68%" issue any more, I have a 'not paying attention when the game loads' issue. I had stopped trying to 'correct' the issue over a week ago, and as my saved game was loading yesterday, I got [AAF 68%] for a few moments then it flashed [AAF 100%] momentarily. So... I had resolved it, probably by updating mods and patches, I just didn't realize it. Checked the animations, all good. What WAS causing the issue was Tactical Reload; not a problem as I didn't like it anyway.

8 minutes ago, ShadowKraz42 said:

The last part does, thank you.

As for AAF... I discovered yesterday that I DO NOT have an "AAF stuck at 68%" issue any more, I have a 'not paying attention when the game loads' issue. I had stopped trying to 'correct' the issue over a week ago, and as my saved game was loading yesterday, I got [AAF 68%] for a few moments then it flashed [AAF 100%] momentarily. So... I had resolved it, probably by updating mods and patches, I just didn't realize it. Checked the animations, all good. What WAS causing the issue was Tactical Reload; not a problem as I didn't like it anyway.

Glad I could help!

You might get a game freeze upon loading a save and then see AAF 'stuck' at 68%, but don't be alarmed. It does take a solid few seconds for the game to load completely and after that everything functions properly.

As for Tactical Reload... I've never used it so I'm on unknown ground here. Fallout 4 is the only shooter I play, and the last proper FPS game I played was Far Cry 5 and Far Cry: New Dawn back in 2020. Even though I love both of these, I haven't touched them after completing their campaigns.

Either way, I'm glad you got the issue resolved! Enjoy and good luck surviving the Wasteland!

• 4 weeks later...