Veteran's Day

Slammer64

Being a former member of the U.S. Air Force, I would like to thank all my brothers and sisters formerly or currently serving in the Military for their service and dedication to keeping their respective countries safe. It's not an easy or safe job, if you will, but you are a shining example of some of the best the Human race have ever produced. I salute you and wish you well and pray for your safety every night. As they say in the U.S. Marines...........Hoooooorahhhhhh!

i second you slammer64. with what my guys are going through, we're nothing compared to what the past wars went through, and it's thanks to them that we still salute old glory. and the fact that it still flies today is proof their sacrifices were not in vain. >_< i suck at saying thx. trust me, im happy that i'm not typing under a foreign flag right now. it's just hard to express.

Over here (UK), we call it Remembrance, and wear paper poppies. Actually, it's been hijacked by venal Politicians to a great degree. I understand my long dead Great-Grandfather, who was gassed by chlorine in the trenches during WW1 (he sadly survived and lived on for more than an unpleasant decade) would be appalled.

Servicemen: Lions led by Donkeys!

I thanked those who served yesterday on Facebook and in person, and again here and today.

My father and both grandfathers served (Army Infantry, Navy, Navy), and all of my uncles. I have a cousin serving now, and a few good friends who have served or are now on active duty in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

I don't like the way American service has become political, but of course to some degree it always was.

Archived