climates decide the weather, the stars and the sun of a place

regions override weather, can they be used, through script or something, to override the sun?

i kind of want an island half in day and half in night, or at least looks that way, and want to swap the sun with a moon texture.

alternative questions,

why can't i see the stars in the render window when viewing the weather editor, with the appropriate tick mark to see it even when stars are set to white and everything set to black, and no Opaque textures, what gives?

would it be possible to see faces in the race editor with the same lighting and normals and shaders as in the game to accurately make faces

can you make weather differences viewable from a distance?

how do you spread the 3d grass without auto generation?

Some things you don't see in the CS. Like the water.  All water in the CS use the same texture , non-existent, therefore not visible (purple)

Think the same with the stars

You can set the weather with scripts and console. But you can not disable enable the sun.  You can replace the sun texture, invisible, green, checkered,.... But you still have the light when it is daytime.

I don't think you can change the sunrise and sunset times with a script either.  If a region is set to 24h sun you will always have light no matter what time of day you choose with a script.  Should be possible to change the region with a script then you could switch between a 24-hour day and 24-hour night region. But I thing after quit and start the game the region is reset. (not sure )

But two regions in one cell/world or light and dark in one world is not possible.

NPCs in the CS are more or less "neutral"  , never exactly like in the game.  See the races you have one genderless face, same for male and female,  And in the NPC section the face is mixed the female or male presets. . . but that's not quite 100% of what you see in game.

And you can not see the NPC with game ligthning and shaders, even if you place him in the world or interior cell.  Many effects you only see in game.

3D Grass, reed, ... is in landscape you can use/place it like any other objects.

" can you make weather differences viewable from a distance? "  You see it in distance, not far away, but in my game  the weather doesn't change exactly above me, maybe a cell or 2 away it starts before it affects my cell too.  Only the sky changed, I never had rain in a  neighboring cell, and mine was dry.