Diamond City CTD

Does anyone have any experiences with any adult or aaf mods causing CTD on entering Diamond City? If so, would really appreciate which mod was giving you issues and if you found a work around. 

Based on F04Edit, the only mod that I have that is affecting diamond city is deviously cursed loot, and, even after staring a new game after disabling that mod, I still get a CTD on entering diamond city. 

Thank you.

Edit. I used the [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (2/July/2022) to set up my adult mods

Edited by Benjy D
Add more info
1 hour ago, Benjy D said:

Does anyone have any experiences with any adult or aaf mods causing CTD on entering Diamond City? If so, would really appreciate which mod was giving you issues and if you found a work around. 

Based on F04Edit, the only mod that I have that is affecting diamond city is deviously cursed loot, and, even after staring a new game after disabling that mod, I still get a CTD on entering diamond city. 

Thank you.

Edit. I used the [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (2/July/2022) to set up my adult mods

Yes. It was recently happening to me. On my end it was a problem related to prebuilt vanilla clothing in the latest version of bodytalk. Try reinstalling bodytalk but do not select the option for vanilla clothing bodyslide files.

1 hour ago, almond93 said:

Yes. It was recently happening to me. On my end it was a problem related to prebuilt vanilla clothing in the latest version of bodytalk. Try reinstalling bodytalk but do not select the option for vanilla clothing bodyslide files.

Dang. That didn't solve my issue unfortunately. Thank you for the suggestion. 

14 minutes ago, Benjy D said:

I took some time and have it narrowed down to Buffout 4. I looked at numerous guides. Anyone have any tips? 

Thank you.

If that is the case then buffout is dependent on 2 different mods. Just make sure that those mods and their dependencies are up to date and that you properly install them.

This is the solution I found after hours of trouble shooting...

Navigate to Steam/Steamapps/common/Fallout4/Data/F4SE/Plugins. Open Buffout 4 TOML file with note pad. 
Change...
MemoryManager = true             # Replaces the global memory manager with os allocators
to 
MemoryManager = false             # Replaces the global memory manager with os allocators
Then save the change. It worked for me. I can now enter diamond city. 

If anyone knows what is going on with this, any insight would be welcome. 

I was crashing like this for a while, and I eventually uninstalled a Diamond City Stands mod, and that helped a lot.

I still had a little more crashing, and then I started making sure there were no Problem of Survivor nor Sexual Harassment approaches happening when I switched cells, and that resolved the rest of the issues.

I never crash anymore there, but for a while before those steps it was pretty bad.