Character clipping into the ground

Absurdity

It's really getting on my nerves since a while and I got no idea how to fix it it.

My character always clips a bit into the ground. It doesn't matter which skeleton, idle animation or boots I use.

The issue only seems to apply to the player character and only if it's a non-beast female.

I kinda suspect it's caused by ECE but even if that's the case I got no idea why it does that.

post-27790-0-02571200-1373935043_thumb.jpgpost-27790-0-11401300-1373935070_thumb.jpg

Anybody got an idea what could be causing this?

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same issue with my characters feet clipping partially into the ground just like that.

If i figure out what's causing it I'll let you know.
Also chickens... chickens feet disappear entirely into the ground.

edit:

Reinstalled ECE with the newest version. That fixed my characters feet clipping into the ground.

as for the chickens... well i think that has to do with the LIFE mod (or whatever its called)

• 7 months later...

Sorry for necroing my thread own thread but I got some more information regarding the clipping issue.

It seems to be caused by XP32's skeleton, possibly in combination with ECE (haven't tested without ECE).

It only affects the player character and none of the NPCs/Followers/Companions, even if they were added by mods.

I started using a modified "child race" skeleton, the one provided by the monli race which seems to be based on an older skeleton and not on XP32's, and soon noticed that the issue was completely gone.

Hope this helps whoever may also encounter this issue.

Archived