How much do you use the first-person camera?

I'm just curious, because sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves and reguarly uses the first-person view.

Yeah, it's janky, but for me it's nevertheless one of the main selling points of The Sims 4 as well as Wicked Whims. So much so that I haven't updated my game since before the Cottage Living update, which reportedly broke the first-person camera for WW animations. And the issue has apparently never been fixed, without anyone making a fuss about it, so it seems as if not many people care.

Playing offline only comes with sacrifices, of course: No updates for The Sims 4 or Wicked Whims, no new lots or sims. But it's still worth it to me.

I want to be able turn the HUD off, sit down at a riverbank, have a smoke, and look at the sky. And when I pound someone from behind I want to look down and have their ass fill my screen, thank you very much.

How about you?

Never, because it's very uncomfortable, I could not use it without swearing so I dropped that idea.
However I always keep in mind that somebody may use it, while making my animations, so I make sure sims always look where they should look.

Edited by wild_guy

Not something most people are going to find useful but I recently found some use for it in recording videos in that you can use a sim's first person view to sort of simulate a handheld camera. Used it in some recent videos, actually think it worked fairly well. 

Spoiler

1.gif.73dd1b5eab1d1224765c29137d1ac269.gif

2.gif.f76096407c90bc7df7818a508a84df6f.gif

3.gif.823c4be9633c0aed2c7e86f6d66e970b.gif

4.gif.838670a36776e233c14aa7126b0a33a5.gif

3 hours ago, TheRealReverend said:

So much so that I haven't updated my game since before the Cottage Living update, which reportedly broke the first-person camera for WW animations. And the issue has apparently never been fixed, without anyone making a fuss about it, so it seems as if not many people care.

That's been fixed. At least for the patreon version of WW, I imagine fixes like that might well be in the public version as well, but I can't guarantee that unfortunately. 

Edited by mrrakkonn
15 minutes ago, mrrakkonn said:

Not something most people are going to find useful but I recently found some use for it in recording videos in that you can use a sim's first person view to sort of simulate a handheld camera. Used it in some recent videos, actually think it worked fairly well.

True, it's a bit tricky to make it seem natural, but it looks really good in your clips!

16 minutes ago, mrrakkonn said:

That's been fixed. At least for the patreon version of WW, I imagine fixes like that migth well be in the public version as well, but I can't guarantee that unfortunately. 

Interesting. I was under the impression that it's something that can only be fixed from EA's side of things, because the entire behaviour of the first-person camera and how it influences body movement has changed. At least the vanilla game still seems to have had issues as recently as April, according to a support thread on the EA website. Would be interesting to know if WW fixes first person for sex animations only, or for the rest for the game as well. I'd try it myself, but, well, "one does not simply reinstall heavily modded The Sims 4".

23 hours ago, mrrakkonn said:

Hide contents

1.gif.73dd1b5eab1d1224765c29137d1ac269.gif

2.gif.f76096407c90bc7df7818a508a84df6f.gif

3.gif.823c4be9633c0aed2c7e86f6d66e970b.gif

4.gif.838670a36776e233c14aa7126b0a33a5.gif

That's been fixed. At least for the patreon version of WW, I imagine fixes like that might well be in the public version as well, but I can't guarantee that unfortunately. 

I've done handheld this way with some pretty decent results. What do you have your "cameraperson" doing? I find half the time, I'm fighting with the tendency for the sim in first-person mode to jump back into the original head position, which leads to some unintended camera moves. I've combatted this by having them do a relatively idle looping animation, so it has that natural fluidity, and then just let the animation run without interfering, but you seem to have figured out how to get the movement exactly where you want it.

1 hour ago, thewatcher1 said:

I've done handheld this way with some pretty decent results. What do you have your "cameraperson" doing? I find half the time, I'm fighting with the tendency for the sim in first-person mode to jump back into the original head position, which leads to some unintended camera moves. I've combatted this by having them do a relatively idle looping animation, so it has that natural fluidity, and then just let the animation run without interfering, but you seem to have figured out how to get the movement exactly where you want it.

It's not really a trick, I just don't stop moving the cameraview. That way it doesn't snap back. It can be a bit hard to have it be somewhat smooth, but I found moving in somewhat circular patterns helps that. 

On 6/22/2022 at 3:20 PM, mrrakkonn said:

I uses the 1st person a lot, and the problem has not been fixed in the public version. I can always scroll past the teeth/eyeball problem, but the misaligned penises are annoying. As soon as I switch to 3rd person view it all lines up, but in 1st person view there's a whole lot of wanking empty air.

On 6/22/2022 at 3:58 AM, TheRealReverend said:

I'm just curious, because sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves and reguarly uses the first-person view.

Yeah, it's janky, but for me it's nevertheless one of the main selling points of The Sims 4 as well as Wicked Whims. So much so that I haven't updated my game since before the Cottage Living update, which reportedly broke the first-person camera for WW animations. And the issue has apparently never been fixed, without anyone making a fuss about it, so it seems as if not many people care.

Playing offline only comes with sacrifices, of course: No updates for The Sims 4 or Wicked Whims, no new lots or sims. But it's still worth it to me.

I want to be able turn the HUD off, sit down at a riverbank, have a smoke, and look at the sky. And when I pound someone from behind I want to look down and have their ass fill my screen, thank you very much.

How about you?

The ;ast time I was on PC, I'd use The Sims 3 camera (Basically the "Free Look" camera on console) but I'd NEVER use First Person (That's THE WORST camera option you COULD EVER use capture screenshots or videos of a fuck scene)

THIS TIME - I've got about 3 or 4 camera options (Including an overhead camera) so if one can't/won't capture the angle, I'd can switch to another

For example, if I want to capture one of my female sims looking up into the eyes of the eyes of the male sim as she's sucking his cock OR if he's got her in the missinary postion, all I gotta is use the overhead camera & lower it downto just above his head (Keeping is head out of the picture of course) & go from there

Same thing if I want an overhead view of fucking her Doggy

But FPV - NEVER !!  

sometimes i use the first person camera but it can be quite buggy with WW... esp if i'm using it for the bottom position. i don't have a frame of reference for what it was like before cottage living bc i forgot it was a even thing in TS4 until a few months ago after all these years lol. but i never use the first person camera during regular gameplay. i found it overcomplicates things esp on large lots, at least for me lol. 

I just want to be able to use it without my sim manually taking control of it over me during animations. Theres no actual "Control" for it. It just goes all wonky. If someone were to make a mod that stabilizes it completely to just allow the user to control it id solely use the first person camera.

• 2 weeks later...