The State of Bodies in FO4: Fusion Girl vs CBBE 3BBB

On 6/19/2022 at 4:12 AM, tzenrick said:

I was using FG for about a year, then I switched back to CBBE with 3BBB, and had a ton of skin clipping through outfits, so I went back to regular CBBE with CBP physics, and it was much improved.

CBBE has the best overall support. Almost everything has a working bodyslide for CBBE. Fusion Girl, a little less so, and 3BBB even less. I haven't messed with TWB or AB yet beause there just seems to be limited outfit support for them, as in, I just don't see as many conversions for them as I do CBBE/FG.

I'm dying for a single universal standard for body shaping and outfits.

To be honest, the best support there is would be the one you provide for yourself. Converting any CBBE outfit to FG is a matter of 5 minutes (plus 5 minutes to fix clipping if you use some extravagant body shape with extreme slider values)

In my experience, FG is the most stable and XXX-friendly body. Using it with OCBP for years; it also has "those parts" of body reacting on animations - for those who cares about it.

1 hour ago, heehatatt said:

real question is which body has better neck seams

Do you mean mesh neck seams or texture neck seams? Both have perfect mesh neck seams, and texture neck seams depends on picking a body texture which matches the face texture.

Have been using CBBE since the beginning and I just got back to Fallout 4 and I'm in the process of editing and modifying my mod list for a new game. So it was the prefect opportunity to try a different Body and I decided to go for 3BBB with TWB because TWB gives you tons of new sliders that I really like and 3BBB has some interesting features like the knee fix and better physics behavior. So 3BBB TWB is overall the most appealing body to me.

Only negative (so far) there aren't a lot of conversions out there (especially since some mods I use are fairly old or have been deleted off of nexus), so you need to convert those to 3BBB TWB yourself which is tedious but if you know how can be done pretty quickly.

Since I don't use any sex mods I haven't found any reason to try FG.

Edited by smilyface
21 hours ago, smilyface said:

Have been using CBBE since the beginning and I just got back to Fallout 4 and I'm in the process of editing and modifying my mod list for a new game. So it was the prefect opportunity to try a different Body and I decided to go for 3BBB with TWB because TWB gives you tons of new sliders that I really like and 3BBB has some interesting features like the knee fix and better physics behavior. So 3BBB TWB is overall the most appealing body to me.

Only negative (so far) there aren't a lot of conversions out there (especially since some mods I use are fairly old or have been deleted off of nexus), so you need to convert those to 3BBB TWB yourself which is tedious but if you know how can be done pretty quickly.

Since I don't use any sex mods I haven't found any reason to try FG.

TWB more like True Waste of Time lmao. 

Merging all fetish sliders and a bunch of random ones together without doing any innovations to make it better than CBBE  in a community that pretty much all chases the same body shape as is makes it so pointless. 99% of the time you can't even tell TWB presets from CBBE ones lmao. 

14 hours ago, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

Merging all fetish sliders and a bunch of random ones together without doing any innovations to make it better than CBBE  in a community that pretty much all chases the same body shape as is makes it so pointless.

And what shape would that be?

15 hours ago, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

99% of the time you can't even tell TWB presets from CBBE ones lmao. 

The only reason I switched to TWB is because of the muscle sliders which allows for bodies that normal CBBE cannot achieve.

On 7/8/2022 at 8:48 PM, Mauserl said:

fg might convince me to give it a try if they solved the neckseam

If you have a neckseam with Fusion Girl you've done something wrong. It doesn't have one. I filmed this a day or two ago with Fusion Girl.

And this if you want more angles:

• 2 months later...
On 6/19/2022 at 2:46 AM, Nuka Cherry said:

The nexus exodus hurt FO4 modding, however justified (better to say Black Tree Gaming hurt modding)

I hate that it happened, I understand the reasoning behind it, and I feel like I might be partially responsible.

They were doing some sort of survey that I responded to, and in the suggestions section I said something like "The framework for installing mods, and in a certain order is already there. There should be a way to just download and XML or something that will automatically download and install mods in the right order to replicate another person's setup." Aaaaand now we have 'Collections' which was the catalyst for the Nexodus...

Once you factor in average solicitation:response for surveys.... See how it's my fault?

When I was deciding which body type to pick, I really didn't like how FS has outer side of breasts was connected to torso. CBBE isn't ideal but closer to my taste.

In both bodies I couldn't set how breast are wide near torso connection.

But it is not true CBBE don't work with AAF. Here is my mod list and it works just fine. Even though it is bit outdated and new updates adds further improvements.

I also seen mod that adds vagina collision. Animated Fannies or something.

Spoiler

Modlist.jpg.dc70b2fbd8faf3be3461cc0c02944892.jpg

Just few tweaks were made. Like added penis bone to skeleton nif.

On 10/14/2022 at 1:49 PM, zlota said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Modlist.jpg.dc70b2fbd8faf3be3461cc0c02944892.jpg

Random question, but could you explain how to achieve those "separators" in MO2? Like, "Armor Replacers", "Armors Weapons New" and such?

I can't for the love of God figure out (maybe because I have no idea how to search for it in Google).. I need to make my modlist (left panel) easier to navigate through..

35 minutes ago, DevilDoom said:

Random question, but could you explain how to achieve those "separators" in MO2? Like, "Armor Replacers", "Armors Weapons New" and such?

I can't for the love of God figure out (maybe because I have no idea how to search for it in Google).. I need to make my modlist (left panel) easier to navigate through..

Ex.jpg.f10343e24c5586ae35ccf5bdc7aa063c.jpg

Right click just under Overwrite and choose Separator. You can also just name a folder with _separator and place it in mods folder should also work.

Edited by slight_of_mind
On 7/8/2022 at 8:48 PM, Mauserl said:

fg might convince me to give it a try if they solved the neckseam

Cridowskin, my gamer.  Cridowskin.  There is an FG conversion here on LL, original from the Nexus required for... stuff.  

You still got face and neck not matching the body with FG and Cridowskin on?  Cool, welcome to the rustyface bug.  A vanilla engine issue with no surefire solution and a half-dozen ways to whack-a-mole it posted on Nexus; install and play them one after another until you find the one that works for your install and modlist.

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2022 at 12:21 PM, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

The post above this one... and it's general line of thinking

I'm a peasant, but maybe considering the WIP description you might want to be a little more specific. FG being an actively developed base body mod it might do it more justice if you just add "compatibility for all vanilla armors" in the description. You can always add a few lines of text to explain WIP itself.

It's just amusing to me in 2 pages of the same thread two people try the same shit without reading into the specifics (I agree WIP is open to interpretation, but I'd personally never assume it would be lacking in vanilla support after years of support and updates. I guess that takes experience or braincells). Maybe it would positively benefit both the community and LL/FG in particular during these troubling times on the nexus (*Cough*) if the barrier of entry got lowered to the literacy level of people with the attention span of a tiktok goldfish, which makes up about the 80% of the paretto principle these days.

• 2 months later...
On 6/18/2022 at 10:12 PM, tzenrick said:

I was using FG for about a year, then I switched back to CBBE with 3BBB, and had a ton of skin clipping through outfits, so I went back to regular CBBE with CBP physics, and it was much improved.

CBBE has the best overall support. Almost everything has a working bodyslide for CBBE. Fusion Girl, a little less so, and 3BBB even less. I haven't messed with TWB or AB yet beause there just seems to be limited outfit support for them, as in, I just don't see as many conversions for them as I do CBBE/FG.

I'm dying for a single universal standard for body shaping and outfits.

When you wrote this, I pretty much supported all the outfits for Atomic Beauty with physics and had them here on Loverslab.

ALL of them.

And these supported human and an entire other Race to boot.

Edited by Gameplayer
  • 7 months later...
On 6/27/2022 at 1:48 AM, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

I'll bite cause it's funny ....

It's one of the things that annoys me the most in the Bethesda modding world. There's these specific people that were simply early with a feature, not "best", then barely improve on it and hiss at anyone even suggesting they improve it or that supply an actual better option (like Zex/FG compared to CBBE).

Only reason they stay on top is because they were first and a flurry of mods to make theirs work better exists.

When someone comes along with something objectively better, they cry foul rather than compete. And this has happened repeatedly. The freakin drama is beyond childish.

Same is happening again with NAF/AAF.

The NAF author made a brand new animation framework with modern features, written in C++, making it blistering fast (scenes start instantly) and already supports much of what AAF does.

AAF folk seem to be crying foul about him "stealing" or "plagiarizing" from them, rather than actually fixing that barely functional finicky and horribly slow mess of a framework of theirs.

And as far as I can see, the stealing comes down to "oh, he dares do something similar to us without asking".

To the point of me now feeling like writing a dummy AAF mod (or providing patches to his github that integrates it into his codebase) that simply pretends to be AAF, yet translates anything plugins ask of AAF to NAF and back instead.

If that works out, AAF is simply done for, as NAF as it stands is, exponentially so, the better framework, not as feature complete yet, but far far better. It's not resource heavy and it's speed is USS Enterprise at maximum warp compared to AAFs Three Toed Sloth taking a nap.

Long Story Short: 
Start With Vanilla Setup And Follow the guides here for ZEX/FG and BT3 It is more complicated takes more user effort to set up But is objectively better than cbbe or any variation of it 

Starting from vanilla and installing slowly mod by mod With Zex as a base line already installed will allow you to check compatibility issues that can come about from random mods

Don't swap skeletons mid playthrough sure its possible to swap but i haven't seen it done without something going wrong somewhere even if its not in the swap its in incompatibilities with other mods using cbbe as a baseline 

Fusion has the exact same skins Hph compatibility No seem issues (All of those issues stem from the skin you use, I personally use Cridowskin seemless high poly head For whatever body base im using) 

Yes the outfits are not always the same due to how much more effort FG is to convert 
But the community works extremely hard to add outfits and the selection is close to the exact same 
bar a few bits and pieces that will likely be added to FG when someone is in the mood who likes the outfit 

FG is the future 
3bbb is pretty much inactive and kept alive by people doing outfit conversions and physic's presets  and begrudgingly used by some people because of other mods using cbbe as a baseline (Looking at bld and combined arms) (when i eventually say goodbye to my 1000+ hour playthrough i'l look into those if nobody else has but don't hold your breath)

All body's can be mirrored in FG so you won't lose your bodyslides BUT it requires you to do it manually slider by slider 
Presets from cbbe won't carry to FG to my knowledge 
But honestly remaking my exact preset for FG manually 
it turned out better than before

TLDR: Use ZEX/FG 
Will save future headaches 

If incompatibilities arise with mods from what ive seen the ZEX team trys to work with the creators of said mods to fix them

Sending my love to the hard working ZEX/FG/BT3 Team and Community Dragging Fallout 4 into the future ❤️ 

On 10/15/2023 at 2:53 AM, Bloodmoonelise said:

FG is the future 

Fusion Girl has been out for years now and has relatively few presets; most of them look the same. There doesn't exist a single preset with legs that don't look like noodles.

As far as I can tell, Fusion Girl's design is to model gastrointestinal tracts so that, maybe, one day animators will animate them. 3BBB is for everyone else.

On 10/9/2023 at 12:11 PM, Enlightnd said:

The NAF author made a brand new animation framework with modern features, written in C++, making it blistering fast (scenes start instantly) and already supports much of what AAF does.

Never heard of this, looks interesting.

Edited by terms
8 hours ago, terms said:

Fusion Girl has been out for years now and has relatively few presets

That's one of the most absurd things I've ever read on Loverslab *Laughs* I myself have over 100 FG presets both nuanced and varied. You're mistaking people making their own presets to their own taste with lack of presets. Make your own friggin' presets. Why do you need other people to tell you what's beautiful in a body?

4 hours ago, Karna5 said:

I myself have over 100 FG presets both nuanced and varied. ... Make your own friggin' presets. Why do you need other people to tell you what's beautiful in a body?

I am so super happy for you. Maybe I should have been more specific that I meant it has relatively fewer public or shared presets.

I have spent time trying to make my own presets in both skeletons and I'm terrible at it. It isn't about other people telling me what is beautiful -- I know what I like, but I haven't seen it reproduced in Fusion Girl. I've tried, but I'm bad at it. And I haven't seen other people make presets with Fusion Girl that are comparable to those of 3BBB, much less improve on 3BBB.

I'm just pointing out that, if people are confused about why Fusion Girl isn't more popular, one reason is that the presets that are publicly available are less interesting. I don't think it's just me, because, as stated earlier, I rely heavily on other people's presets. Other people who enjoy non-noodle legs.