• 3 months later...

I have replaced the original vanilla missives mod with this mod version 2.1 here on an existing save game. However now the mod's MCM is almost empty (see screenshot in spoiler section). In the original missives mod, it looked fine with all the parameters available.

Ā 

What could be the problem? I removed the original vanilla missives mod with ReSaver and cleaned the save game before installing missives 2.1 in MO2. MCM Helper is installed.

Spoiler

grafik.png.97a17c3234d98411c44968f4c82c139e.png

Ā 

Edited by Gudulba
9 hours ago, vjnmrf said:

One

Ā 

image.png.40f985109165c60b6d525ef57a07c799.png

Ā 

Two

Ā 

image.thumb.jpeg.7d7d8a0b63462b89c189813793e1e844.jpeg

Ā 

It seems that some users' hands do not grow from their normal place

I already found the problem or the solution, your mod from version 2.05 onwards only works with the English or Russian version of Skyrim, since I am Spanish it doesn't work for me, that's why I had the problem with the strings (SSEEdit).
I installed the English version of Skyrim and the game opens without problems.

edited:Ā Another option is toĀ decompress missives.bsa (CAO), go to the strings folder, and add (missives_spanish.dlstrings, missives_spanish.ilstrings and missives_spanish.strings) and compress it again with Cathedral Assets Optimizer (CAO).

Edited by DarkDamocles
On 2/14/2024 at 9:07 AM, Gudulba said:

I have replaced the original vanilla missives mod with this mod version 2.1 here on an existing save game. However now the mod's MCM is almost empty (see screenshot in spoiler section). In the original missives mod, it looked fine with all the parameters available.

Ā 

What could be the problem? I removed the original vanilla missives mod with ReSaver and cleaned the save game before installing missives 2.1 in MO2. MCM Helper is installed.

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

grafik.png.97a17c3234d98411c44968f4c82c139e.png

Ā 

I have solved it: the MCM Helper 1.5.0 file description and the available options in the MCM Helper FOMOD installer led me to believe that 1.5.0 is also compatible with Skyrim SE 1.5.97. Seems that is not the case (SkyUI and Missives MCM amongst others turned up empty with 1.5.0 installed).

MCM Helper SE 1.5.97 BACKPORT 1.4.0 is obviously the way to go for Skyrim SE 1.5.97.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have a virus warning during download of the new file. Google Chrome caught, and stopped it. Really shouldn't be tripping based on a .Zip file, so I'm not inclined to believe it's a false positive.Ā 

Ā 

PS. Moderator checked out the file and determined it was a false positive.Ā 

Edited by Papersword
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a quick look through xEdit with all associated patches for Original Missives and I didn't see any conflicts or problems.

So technically there shouldn't be any issue with running this mod and a number of patches from Nexus.

Not the either mods author so take with a pinch of salt.