Anyway to have a "Clean" verison of Skyrim and a "Dirty" verison at the same time?

Basically I want to install WIlderlander (a massive overhaul modpack) on a new install of Skyrim, but I also would like to keep my own separate version of skyrim with all the sex mods.

Could there be anyway to switch between the two Skyrim game folders without much hassle? So I could Launch one version when I'm bored and the other when I'm horny? For Skyrim SE of course.

As far as I understand, that's one of the main features of MO2 - letting you use different profiles and setups for your game. You don't have a real game folder at all, only a place where your Mod Organizer stores your mods. It creates a virtual game folder every time you start it.

But don't quote me on that, I've never used it, am still on Vortex.

4 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

As far as I understand, that's one of the main features of MO2 - letting you use different profiles and setups for your game. You don't have a real game folder at all, only a place where your Mod Organizer stores your mods. It creates a virtual game folder every time you start it.

But don't quote me on that, I've never used it, am still on Vortex.

That is accurate.  Mod Organizer has different Profiles, so you can have multiple different playstyles available with a click on a drop-down list.  Just make sure they aren't sharing overwrite information.

Edited by Seijin8

What you might be looking for is "Instances" in MO2. Profiles allow you to switch between what mods you have enabled and disabled in a single modlist, but instances allow you to create a whole new install of different mods without interfering on other installs in the same game. I have 3 different instances on my MO2, one for each body type (CBBE, BHUNP, TBD). Just remember, since they are completely separate instances, you have to install again every mod, which is more memory storage occupied.

image.png.649a10ddc71a4fa82962ec75426692ab.png

That's a Wabbajack modpackmodlist. It requires using MO2, which requires a clean game. So do that if you want to use that modlist. Or manually recreate it using whatever mod manager you want. That'd the a lot of work though.

Edited by Just Don't

Wildlander (Like a lot of wabbajack modlists now) uses a feature called "Stock Game". It will be completely separate install/mod environment from any of your custom mod setups.

From Wabbajack's Github:

"As an alternative to Game Folder Files, you may instead utilize the Stock Game feature. Stock Game is a folder within the MO2 instance folder that contains the base game files necessary to run a list, including any files you need to add to it such as skse64_loader.exe. Stock Game eliminates the need for the user to copy Game Folder Files into their game's installation directory and keeps the final installed list separate from the game's installation directory. Additionally, this allows a list author fine control over what files are included by default in the game's installation, such as SKSE, ENB, and so on."

With an already custom mod set up, copy your base game folder (C:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\SkyrimSpecialEdition) to some where else. Uninstall and reinstall to get a clean version. Install Wildlander and then move your copied base game set up back.

Edited by xstoryofaboyx