occasional black screen when playing on 144Hz

hey hardware guys!

I already posted this question in the official EA forum, but so far, nobody could really help me - so I am asking you guys.

I got a new monitor a few weeks ago. It is capable of 144Hz. So I set up everything, even in TS4, BUT:

if I play TS4 with 144Hz I get a black screen from time to time. It is for like 2-3 seconds and then the picture is back. The game does not crash or freeze in that time, it still runs (the sound is still going on and the sims continue to do their tasks etc). And I don't get a "no signal" message on the screen, so the monitor does not lose the signal, it just gets a black picture from the game?/graphics card?

What have I done so far?

I used another port of my graphics card and I changed the cable. Still running into the problem.

But this problem only occurs in TS4 - not with any other game (so far) - even "hardware eating" stuff like Cyberpunk2077 runs smoothly with 144Hz, so I am out of ideas :D the only idea is to play it on 60Hz.

I run the game on high/extreme setting, in "4K" resolution.

Before the 144Hz -problem, I had another 4K monitor, that only supported 60Hz - and it ran smoothly as well - like now, on 60Hz - only the 144Hz seems to cause the problem...

The used DP cable is capable for 4K/144Hz (according to the specs ^^)

Here are the computer specs:

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G7A
CPU: i9-10900K
MB: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING

GC: GeForce RTX 3090 ROG STRIX OC Gaming

RAM: 64GB

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO m.2 (Win 10) / Samsung 860 Evo (game is installed here)

PS: Seasonic Focus PX-850

so, the specs are more than enough for the game, since other games run smoothly af :D

so... anyone out there with any ideas? thank in advance