Life is Strange - Sims 4 Collection

Added Courtney Wagner and Taylor Christensen by popular request. Despite being minor characters, they're really popular - unfortunately, Taylor's jacket has some clipping issues, but there's a lot of similar jackets available even in the base game.

Taylor also has one of those faces that looks easy to make, but is actually surprisingly hard. Due to how the hair was ported, if you remove it you will see that she has a really short forehead. It still looks good in game though.

Big thanks to @mrrakkon for help with Courtney's outfit.

image.png.c028ea002e0b51d1abb52f31234bccb8.png1623007605_Screenshot2022-05-11020345.png.c293ad422cdb288db3d0eeef5a473874.png

Edited by Reila

Hi.

I must say I absolutely adore your sims, they're blend in so seamlessly in with the original maxis inhabitants of the sims world.

Also it's such a fresh air in the sea of over-designed pouty mouth, plastic barbie sims that are over-saturating the space these days.
Thank you for your hard work! ❤️

If I may ask, once you're done with LiS, do you plan to take a stab at other franchises as well? (I'd love to see your take on stuff like Disney characters, Star Trek, etc.)

6 hours ago, peco328 said:

Hi.

I must say I absolutely adore your sims, they're blend in so seamlessly in with the original maxis inhabitants of the sims world.

Also it's such a fresh air in the sea of over-designed pouty mouth, plastic barbie sims that are over-saturating the space these days.
Thank you for your hard work! ❤️

If I may ask, once you're done with LiS, do you plan to take a stab at other franchises as well? (I'd love to see your take on stuff like Disney characters, Star Trek, etc.)

Thanks! I might do a few random characters from different series once I'm done with this. ?

It could also be fun to do a few stylized versions of real world figures or live action movies. I'm not a huge fan of realism in the Sims 4. What looks good in screenshots doesn't always fit the base game look, plus the default animations and expressions are rigged to be very animated and exaggerated, which often looks weird on hyper realistic faces.

• Reila changed the title to Life is Strange - Sims 4 Collection (Gabe Chen added + Requests Open)

I normally don't use Sims that require CC to work (pure Maxis style for me), but yours are so very well made that I have to admit I broke my own rule. ^_^"

Out of curiosity, and only if you're up for it, I would like to pose the following request/challenge:

See how well you can do Max Caulfield without any CC (you're allowed to use any and all Sims4 expansions, gamepacks, kits etc. of course).

I ask this because you seem to have a very keen eye for details when creating Sims. So I'd like to see. I' understand if you reject the request as it serves no inherent purpose other than to sate the curiosity of one person. So no hard feelings if you decide to say no. You're still awesome. ;)

And thanks again.

33 minutes ago, Twycross448 said:

I normally don't use Sims that require CC to work (pure Maxis style for me), but yours are so very well made that I have to admit I broke my own rule. ^_^"

Out of curiosity, and only if you're up for it, I would like to pose the following request/challenge:

See how well you can do Max Caulfield without any CC (you're allowed to use any and all Sims4 expansions, gamepacks, kits etc. of course).

I ask this because you seem to have a very keen eye for details when creating Sims. So I'd like to see. I' understand if you reject the request as it serves no inherent purpose other than to sate the curiosity of one person. So no hard feelings if you decide to say no. You're still awesome. ;)

And thanks again.

I can tell you right away that I would not be able to, because of how the basegame face textures works. ? What a lot of people don't realize with the default maxis textures is that they have shading/bronzing/highlights that's part of the texture itself, which affects the perception of depth.

Meaning, you could have a perfectly straight line going from cheekbone to chin, and it would still look concave because of the texture creating the perception of shadow where there is none.

If we look at a 3d render of Max's face, we will notice that her skin texture is very soft, smooth and matte as opposed to the base game textures which are toned, smooth and glossy. The softness is one of the defining traits of her face, as is her hair, and if you take away enough defining traits you'd lose the things that makes Max recognizable as Max (cause that's how our brains handle facial recognition). 

If you were to remove the texture completely the face would be much harder to recognize. (see second image)

That said, I am still not 100% happy with my version of Max, so I will do more work on her in an upcoming update and try to find her signature outfit. ?There's still so much concept art I haven't covered.

life-is-strange-max-caulfield-for-g8f-01.jpg
max-caulfield-life-is-strange-head-3d-model-obj-stl.jpg.683cf397c1e2d24a698c9dae1bdf18d2.jpg

PAaeXPlQuCIM3VmM2y6hXBkWHzfvkDzl8TSA_mc9wfA.webp

MaxFashionableConcept.webp

Edited by Reila
1 hour ago, Reila said:

I can tell you right away that I would not be able to, because of how the basegame face textures works. ? What a lot of people don't realize with the default maxis textures is that they have shading/bronzing/highlights that's part of the texture itself, which affects the perception of depth.

Meaning, you could have a perfectly straight line going from cheekbone to chin, and it would still look concave because of the texture creating the perception of shadow where there is none.

You're right, I wasn't aware of that. Interesting, though. Alright, consider the request/challenge scrapped as it obviously would not work as intended. ^_^"

EDIT:

Again, just a thought, but would young Max be possible to do as a child Sim? I have no idea if there actualyl are any ports of those assests, though.

Edited by Twycross448
30 minutes ago, Twycross448 said:

You're right, I wasn't aware of that. Interesting, though. Alright, consider the request/challenge scrapped as it obviously would not work as intended. ^_^"

EDIT:

Again, just a thought, but would young Max be possible to do as a child Sim? I have no idea if there actualyl are any ports of those assests, though.

I think it would be hard considering the limitations of the sliders for child sims. They don't have nearly the same range as that of adults. 

image.png.5a55a7007e2152140e488ffc48734cc8.pngimage.jpeg.904aabddfa9f673ac631ee1e02fc43f7.jpeg

Added Alyssa. In hindsight I think I should have given her the Clumsy trait instead of the Loner trait, but I don't think anyone cares enough to fix it. She's not a very popular character, but I had her hair in my folder and Kate needed a friend.

Also, I finally got my hands on Max's T-shirt and her camera bag! I replaced two of her outfits, redid her makeup, gave her a skintone that's one shade ligher, and also updated her face some more.

62768265_05-11-22_6-05-01PM.png.59df383b0cfc05bf2e83e11784baf489.png

Redid Juliet Watson, and added Dana Ward.

image.png.0af6555dec09920a5d32a3be5222bba1.pngimage.jpeg.918fbfa0a79201baca90c08214f569bb.jpeg

image.png.f70dadbca790b4af2da9b90a25c9214c.pngimage.jpeg.56124904435c6f51f1c4c7ce922ae90e.jpeg

Edited by Reila

Added Frank Bowers (and Pompidou). With the addition of this sim, I consider the project completed. I might still make minor updates to existing sims, and if there is a character that gets requested by multiple people I will consider adding them, but for now I will move on to other things. ?

(I will not add Brooke Scott and Mark Jefferson, because their hair ports are pretty busted.)

image.png.e8db13d7ece82b892ee3bb6cda7fd2b7.pngimage.jpeg.1a091944e15fd7295ccb993155d5f047.jpeg

image.png.76348f90c8810824dee441630181624c.png

Just now, j27f1981 said:

Damn, now I'm conflicted using yours or Mrrakkon's version LOL

Plus I believe MrRakkon made Brooke awhile back.  use the same hair cc he did, the closest you will get to it.

Thank you for sharing can't wait to see what's next :)

My version of Brooke was kind of loosely based on her yeah, though I changed the last name and made changes to her that were not in line with the character as seen in the game. Mostly put her by the wayside since then, though another of my sims, Alice, has inherited parts of the warderobe. 

I must say I'm impressed with your speed @Reila, this is lightyears beyond my own plodding pace of work ?

Just now, mrrakkonn said:

My version of Brooke was kind of loosely based on her yeah, though I changed the last name and made changes to her that were not in line with the character as seen in the game. Mostly put her by the wayside since then, though another of my sims, Alice, has inherited parts of the warderobe. 

I must say I'm impressed with your speed @Reila, this is lightyears beyond my own plodding pace of work ?

Thanks @mrrakkonn! I think I might have used your version of Frank as the base for mine, I hope that's okay. ? I kind of just wanted to wrap things up so I can actually play the game, haha.

Don't worry. I'm actually completely fine with people editing my sims or using them as the basis for making their own, as well as sharing those. I think it's neat that you were able to use my version to make your own. :) Though I really wouldn't have guessed it apart from you using many of the same skin details, the facial structure looks a bit different and looks more like you made your own sim from the ground up using the same reference. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! you're really incredible!

i totally suck at making faces like existing characters. i already had gotten a Max, Chloe, Rachel, Warren, Nathan and Victoria from somewhere else and i couldn't find any good Kate anyway. you wouldn't believe how happy i am that you have not only finally finally! given me a perfect Kate, but also have lots and lots of other characters, i didn't yet knew i would miss not having in sims! so thank you!

if you allow me to suggest: there is Brooke yet missing and i would like it if you could do Riley Lethe.

3 hours ago, mehGusta said:

Wow! you're really incredible!

i totally suck at making faces like existing characters. i already had gotten a Max, Chloe, Rachel, Warren, Nathan and Victoria from somewhere else and i couldn't find any good Kate anyway. you wouldn't believe how happy i am that you have not only finally finally! given me a perfect Kate, but also have lots and lots of other characters, i didn't yet knew i would miss not having in sims! so thank you!

if you allow me to suggest: there is Brooke yet missing and i would like it if you could do Riley Lethe.

I can probably do Riley one of these days, but I can't do Brooke unless someone finds me a hairport that's not busted. The only one I have ever found has some issues.

On 5/21/2022 at 8:14 PM, Reila said:

I can probably do Riley one of these days, but I can't do Brooke unless someone finds me a hairport that's not busted. The only one I have ever found has some issues.

That would be awesome!

i don't know if it's the same file you are talking about, but through some searching i've found the hair mod i already had in my mod folder.

i also don't know anymore where i got it from, though you already use a lot of mods from different people, so i hope you have no problem to use this.

casf-hairBrookeScottLISConv.package

5 hours ago, mehGusta said:

That would be awesome!

i don't know if it's the same file you are talking about, but through some searching i've found the hair mod i already had in my mod folder.

i also don't know anymore where i got it from, though you already use a lot of mods from different people, so i hope you have no problem to use this.

casf-hairBrookeScottLISConv.package 1.65 MB · 1 download

Yeah, this is the same file I've been trying to use. :/ The problem with this file is that it's just scaled way too wide for the head of the average sim, leaving a large gap between the head and the hair on the side. 

Increasing the width of the head does not fix this, because the width of hair scales alongside the head. 

1 hour ago, Reila said:

Yeah, this is the same file I've been trying to use. :/ The problem with this file is that it's just scaled way too wide for the head of the average sim, leaving a large gap between the head and the hair on the side. 

Increasing the width of the head does not fix this, because the width of hair scales alongside the head. 

Haave you tried the hair I used for my sim Alice? It's kind similar. 

Face.png.bb47c75c97b634d2894b96ed3df4e163.png

It doesn't have the red streaks in the ponytail though, but if you want to try using it, I could always try making an additional swatch with that for it. It's something I'm half-way interested in having for this sim in any case, as she did inherit some of the clothes and style of my old sort-of Brooke sim (who she's otherwise not based on). 

13 minutes ago, mrrakkonn said:

Haave you tried the hair I used for my sim Alice? It's kind similar. 

Face.png.bb47c75c97b634d2894b96ed3df4e163.png

It doesn't have the red streaks in the ponytail though, but if you want to try using it, I could always try making an additional swatch with that for it. It's something I'm half-way interested in having for this sim in any case, as she did inherit some of the clothes and style of my old sort-of Brooke sim (who she's otherwise not based on). 

I can give it a shot, maybe I can add the streaks with some clever use of hair accessories, evoxyr has a lot of highlight clipons that sometimes work. ? 

Here's an attempt at adding red streaks to that hairstyle, I can't get it quite like the actual game's look because of how the texture works (the bangs and the ponytail use some of the same textures so you can't have them be different colors all together really). Made two versions. 

image.png.63b299c2d8f3f1bec20f575f3754d538.png    image.png.08d8b00c06d3345d3bbf12079da6dee3.png

This is just an add-on to wasssabi's retexture, so you need both that and the mesh for this one to work. Looking at it, it's probably not that good. But maybe it's something at least. 

[wasssabi] Hallowsims Newsea Viola +Swatches.package