First stage of certain SL creatures animations is broken.

I'm having a strange problem when I first start a SL creature animation everything work fine but after I switch animation the creature will always standing still in first stage of animation. Reset postion use SL hotkey didn't work. All other stage after the 1st stil work fine, only the first stage have this problem. Anyone know how to fix this? So far it only happend with riekling and charus. I tried update MNC, Hentai creature, reset Sexlab, start a new game. Nothing work?

video of the issue

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l0e4hAIUXsj0AZjA2UTH203oIG0GbQry/view?usp=sharing

screenshot

20220429145150_1.jpg.774e211cc669b4bc911e77d40c15caba.jpg

20220429145226_1.jpg.29ce632f3b0f347ca3857dc55a875d4d.jpg

Edited by assassin394
  • assassin394 changed the title to First stage of certain SL creatures animations is broken.
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a simmilar issue. Look into your FNIS. I had error 76 wich means your windows defender blocks part of the animation for some reason. Fixed it by white list mod and game folder in the windows defender settings. This is the only thing the troubleshoot thread from loverslab dont cover. 

If you tried all that I´m out of my knowleage too. The first step in the troubleshoot guide cover alot (looking into the papyrus logs) dont skip it

2 hours ago, Xynomo said:

wich means your windows defender blocks part of the animation for some reason

I generally trust the mod authors, but due diligence suggests that, presuming what you reported is true,  it might be wise to scan it with whichever antivirus app you use (even windows built in)  before whitelisting it.

1 hour ago, anjenthedog said:

I generally trust the mod authors, but due diligence suggests that, presuming what you reported is true,  it might be wise to scan it with whichever antivirus app you use (even windows built in)  before whitelisting it.

This this is a FNIS Creature issue wich i scanned before and the fact this is acctually fixed my issue i trust the original author there that this is indeed a fix. and this only aply to the windows defender other antivirus Programms dont have any issues(at least for my knowleage). Since its highly recomended to use another one anyway this should be much of a security lag at all. 
But ofc if you only use the Windows defender you should look for another Programm or dont use FNIS Creature or at least scan all your files if you download directly to the mod folder(for me at least they apear in the download folder first wich not has to be whitelistet and is protected by the real time security anyway.)
So only use my suggestion if you have another programm AND really have this exact error wich I cant see since the FNIS logs are missing here

On 5/30/2022 at 11:25 PM, bnub345 said:

This is a known bug/technical limitation, you can try going back to the first stage, changing to another anim and then changing back to the original. 

But this issue only happen recently. It never happen before when I played LE and after switch to SSE. So it can't be technical limitation

23 hours ago, Xynomo said:

Had a simmilar issue. Look into your FNIS. I had error 76 wich means your windows defender blocks part of the animation for some reason. Fixed it by white list mod and game folder in the windows defender settings. This is the only thing the troubleshoot thread from loverslab dont cover. 

If you tried all that I´m out of my knowleage too. The first step in the troubleshoot guide cover alot (looking into the papyrus logs) dont skip it

There is no error when I run FNIS/Nemesis. Also my window defender not detect anything.

Edited by assassin394

No errors in the Papytus logs too? be sure you open the right folder of the last game session, and you replicate the error there.
Otherwise check your Ini. If really no error is shown anywhere its hard to tell whats wrong. The defender it self normaly never show anything even it accures the issue(only if you downlad an infected mod ofc wich rarely happen if you only use loverslab and nexusmods).But with no error in FNIS shown its not the issue anyways.

In this case I would try to disable your mods to a minimum so creature stuff work( FNIS+Creature Creature framework and a mod who starts the animation+ its requirments) and leave everything else disabled dont forget to run FNIS after you disable. And start a new safe. if the error accures there too try another mod to start the animation and disable the first one. If this still do it its almost 100% something wrong with creature framwork or FNIS creature.
If its working as intended then slowly reenable your mods to you find the file wich couse the issue and delete ir or fix the issue with mod related fixes(maybe a master is missing load order messed up etc etc)
another fast and easy try is to delete your FNIS Overwrite mod you created. Create a new run -> run FNIS and copy data to the new now empty overwrite file maybe you deleted something and its now stuck there for some reason.
If this all dont help I´m unfortunally out and I personaly would completly reinstall everything(wich i did before and lasted hours but work in the end) But Ißm not an expert by any means I just had this issue before and suggest the fixes wich worked for me or I read while research.

• 9 months later...

Not the only thread. Was another that I recall posting in. Anyhow, no fix as far as I know. Been meaning to look into it/fix it some day but not really gotten around to it. A million other things waiting to be done.

On 3/7/2023 at 1:20 AM, anonplaceholder said:

Did you manage to find a fix for this issue?
This is literally the only post on LL regarding this very specific bug.
I've ran into this problem recently and cant for the life of me find a solution.

Unfortunately not :( though if you have Sexlab tools installed you can press the change stage key and reselect stage 1. That will reset thing and make the animation play normal again. The bug will occur again after you change animation though. Just press the change stage key and reselect stage 1 again.

On 3/9/2023 at 10:07 PM, assassin394 said:

Unfortunately not :( though if you have Sexlab tools installed you can press the change stage key and reselect stage 1. That will reset thing and make the animation play normal again. The bug will occur again after you change animation though. Just press the change stage key and reselect stage 1 again.

Dang, noted
Odd that it only happens with some creatures/animations.

Edited by anonplaceholder
  • 8 months later...
On 11/15/2023 at 1:38 AM, MeForRealThisTime said:

Has anyone found a solution to this? 

You're not alone. I too have this now. It's so strange. For me, the first animation stage always works perfect which ever animation it is.

I can even advance all the stages through without any issues.

BUT: If I change to another animation, the riekling will just stand idle while my character still plays her part. If I then advance the animation, still the same. If I change to another animation I may be lucky and both actors animate again. If I change back to previous faulty one, same error. Riekling again stands idle.

I've deleted behaviours, re-register creatures in CK, re-installed all fnis mods, new game, cleaned save etc etc. Nothing seem to help. And sofar the error is only occuring with the rieklings.

I'm gonna try removing Sexlab Tools cause I have bad feeling. I'm also gonna try an older revision of the creatureframework to see if that fixes it.

EDIT: and using the shift+h to enter the quick menu of Sexlab Tools and then selecting stage 1 seem to work temporary just like assassin394 states above.

Edited by Thor2000
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, DuckyDuo said:

I think this affects certain creatures more than others, for me this happens more often with Dragons and Rieklings specifically and a probably a few others. This seems to be the only thread mentioning this issue.

My bet would be that its a "simple" timing issue. If you look at what SL Tools does when it changes stages its quite simple: It changes the stage number of the current thread then sets the thread state to Advancing after which it has a 15 second timeout during which it tries to get to the Animating state. That's more or less it from what I can see. Considering the Animating state is where the thread ends up anyways after it is initialized and started it seems quite likely the issue is simply that some part of the code before that is not waiting long enough for Skyrim to catch up to what's going on. A timing issue like this could for instance stem from the fact that SE's Papyrus runs about 400 times slower than LE's Papyrus did. I do however know that quadrupling the ops limit does not fix the issue, but obviously any dummy could tell that 4 is not equal to 400. It is however somewhat rare that I see this issue anymore, so maybe the ops limit increase did do something now that I think of it. Still though, like I said, smells like a timing issue (or good ol' race condition as we call them in the biz).

Edit: Correction: My ops limit is currently 15 times the vanilla value, not 4. I recalled the vanilla value was 500 ops per frame but apparently its 100. Still 15 != 400.

Edit again: So yes its possible its worse with some creatures than other. It's also possible that is an illusion caused by where those creatures typically appear - some places (or situations) may be heavier on the Papyrus engine.

Edited by traison

So I believe I figured out how to mostly fix it (for me at least, I can't guarantee anything). It still will occur sometimes but it's happens a lot less.

I'll trace back my steps of what I exactly did.

Step 1: Backup/Export your Sexlab settings if you like, as you will be cleaning the system in the Sexlab MCM later. I personally did not backup the settings.

Step 2: Exit the game and disable your current Sexlab installation in your Mod Manager.

Step 3: Download the latest Sexlab for your game version.

Step 4: Download the latest version of Sexlab Utility Plus from this page (File is attached if that's easier, if not download the furthest one down with the date December 30, 2023)

Step 5: Launch your game then head to the Sexlab MCM and find Rebuild and Clean at the bottom, close all menus and wait until Sexlab reinstalls itself. If you can fully access the Sexlab MCM that means it's done reinstalling. it'll tell you if it's still reinstalling in the MCM, just wait until doesn't or you stop seeing the installation popups at the top left of your game.

Step 6: Once Sexlab is done reinstalling go back to Rebuild and Clean and click Reset Animation Registry, wait until you see the total animation count stop going up for both Humans and Creatures.

Step 7: Import your settings (if you backed them up) and simply test some creatures/animations that seemed more affected by this issue. 

Hopefully by this point your issue is mostly solved, I believe it's Sexlab Utility Plus that partially fixes this issue and not the reinstallation of Sexlab as it seems others already tried that and still had this issue. But I'd like to know if this fixes the problem for anyone else, good luck.

SexLab Utility Plus v20231230.7z

Edited by DuckyDuo

Had a quick look at the file uploaded by @DuckyDuo and at least when it comes to the sslThreadController script there's been massive timeout increases; some of these were tripled. So if my theory is still correct about this being a race condition then the reason why you saw it happen once is that you can't fix a race condition by waiting longer. You can decrease the likelihood if you try to estimate how long it would take on the worst imaginable potato computer, but even then you still got about a thousand other variables you didn't consider - like what if the Papyrus engine is totally stuck, taken up by a greedy script running a never ending loop? What if Windows decides now was a great time to download and install a new 10 GiB patch? etc. etc.

But, I am not here to piss on your parade, I'm sure some will find this useful - I may go ahead and up the timeouts myself in my thread controller even though this is not a prevalent issue for me anymore. Perhaps something to keep in mind though is that SLUP comes with additional changes; not just fixes for the issues discussed in this thread.

1 hour ago, traison said:

So if my theory is still correct about this being a race condition then the reason why you saw it happen once is that you can't fix a race condition by waiting longer.

The real fix for that issue are on the Send default animation function that apply a very specific combination of Idles by type of race in order to free the actors and allow them to get the SexLab animations. The same function also free the foot's to make easy the alignment since recently the Physics seems to be more aggressive with that. Even the human actors need this but they have enough with just one idle while the Creatures usually need a couple of Idles in a very specific order. 

You can test this trying to manually apply the SexLab animations using the console with and without use the idles and you will see that without the right combination of reset/default idles, the idles of the SexLab animations doesn't get applied in most of the cases retuning some warning in the console.

The function also come with small wait's that are to make sure that the idle got time to get fully applied and also help with the sync.

3 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

The real fix for that issue are on the Send default animation function that apply a very specific combination of Idles by type of race in order to free the actors and allow them to get the SexLab animations. The same function also free the foot's to make easy the alignment since recently the Physics seems to be more aggressive with that. Even the human actors need this but they have enough with just one idle while the Creatures usually need a couple of Idles in a very specific order. 

You can test this trying to manually apply the SexLab animations using the console with and without use the idles and you will see that without the right combination of reset/default idles, the idles of the SexLab animations doesn't get applied in most of the cases retuning some warning in the console.

The function also come with small wait's that are to make sure that the idle got time to get fully applied and also help with the sync.

I assume that's whats going on in sslActorAlias.SendDefaultAnimEvent then.