[HELP] This dress? (Mod found, need help)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/791674?BH=0

Wondering what mod this dress is and if there is any way to obtain it with either UUNP or BHUNP. (LE preferred, but I can convert it if it's SE only.)

I'm hoping it's not private, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by HyperonicX
Need help to get the mod working properly
  • HyperonicX changed the title to [SEARCH/SOLVED] This dress?

Having a few problems with the dress.

Part of it keeps buggering up, making a "wall" of material. I have attached pics to show you what I mean.

I've re-run bodyslide, I've redownloaded and reinstalled SMP, I used the latest version of the SSE NIF optimizer to convert them to LE, but the problem still remains.

nifskope and Outfit Studio don't have any problems with them, yet in-game they bugger up.

Any hints that can help?
I use MO2 and LE, btw.

ScreenShot8.png

ScreenShot9.png

• HyperonicX changed the title to [HELP] This dress? (Mod found, need help)

Managed to locate which part of the gowns that is causing problems, that being the inner layer part.
Removing that part from the .nif files manages to stop the stretching, but it makes the dress not look as good.

I still need help figuring out how to rectify this, but at least I've managed to narrow the exact part of the mesh that's causing the problem!

If only I knew how to use nifskope or Outfit studio to fix this.

4 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

Managed to locate which part of the gowns that is causing problems, that being the inner layer part.
Removing that part from the .nif files manages to stop the stretching, but it makes the dress not look as good.

I still need help figuring out how to rectify this, but at least I've managed to narrow the exact part of the mesh that's causing the problem!

If only I knew how to use nifskope or Outfit studio to fix this.

Are you talking about the white part thats clipping through the red dress?

You might be able to use outfit studio to mask that bit of white part. (masking is when you make sections of a nif  invisible without actually deleting it.)

3 minutes ago, venomr said:

Are you talking about the white part thats clipping through the red dress?

You might be able to use outfit studio to mask that bit of white part. (masking is when you make sections of a nif  invisible without actually deleting it.)

I think I tried something like that, but it didn't work.

Besides, I don't want the part to be invisible, I need it to be shown without the clipping.

Still, thanks for the reply.

Halle-fucking-lujah!

I managed to figure out what the exact problem is and how to solve it!

Long story short, the inner skirt's bone weightings has been converted incorrectly.

I'm a huge newb at this sort of stuff, but I followed a guide from an old topic from 2017 and it worked! Not 100%, because I think I may have buggered it up a tad, but it no longer clips like that! (It just clips when walking too fast, etc.)

I'm gonna give it another go (I backed up the meshes in case I screwed up) and see which bones I need to repaint, besides the large assortment of A01, etc. bones that are there.

• 4 weeks later...

SMP has always been a bug fest for me. Not really a fan to be honest. When it does work, it's beautiful as far as precision is concerned, when it doesn't.. well you get what happens in the pictures, or in my case a consistent frame rate of about 4 frames per second (and that's no exaggeration), on a decently powerful rig mind you.

Yeah, definitely not a fan. In fact, I'm not even sure how it even caught on in the first place with issues like that.. What's REALLY annoying is that most mod authors seem to use it now and don't even bother making HDT versions of stuff anymore.

Then again, maybe that's just a consequence of using SMP in Skyrim LE (as I see no point in installing an exact copy of a game I already own, only in a newer engine, and having to replace ALL of the mods I've collected over the years for the original version).

Anyway, just my thoughts. Congrats on getting it to work, I know how that feels.

24 minutes ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

SMP has always been a bug fest for me.

The only real problem I encountered is the use of virtual parts. If, left active in XML, immediate CTD, quarantined, it works fine

To do this, I just need to edit the strings

<!--    at the beginning

-->  at the end

I will take a look at that tutorial shown to understand the causes and maybe I will be able to make Cassandra Frost Wich SMP work well, who currently has a serious bone problem

Spoiler

ScreenShot14.jpg.4d1764eec51dffd2dca278f89391ddaa.jpg

If, as you should do, you just have to divide them, however, you will get an incorrect execution of SMP

56 minutes ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

SMP has always been a bug fest for me. Not really a fan to be honest. When it does work, it's beautiful as far as precision is concerned, when it doesn't.. well you get what happens in the pictures, or in my case a consistent frame rate of about 4 frames per second (and that's no exaggeration), on a decently powerful rig mind you.

Yeah, definitely not a fan. In fact, I'm not even sure how it even caught on in the first place with issues like that.. What's REALLY annoying is that most mod authors seem to use it now and don't even bother making HDT versions of stuff anymore.

Then again, maybe that's just a consequence of using SMP in Skyrim LE (as I see no point in installing an exact copy of a game I already own, only in a newer engine, and having to replace ALL of the mods I've collected over the years for the original version).

Anyway, just my thoughts. Congrats on getting it to work, I know how that feels.

It's not 100% perfect, unfortunately. It's like 70% at most, since it still clips a fair amount. But it's not doing the wall thing, so that's a plus.

12 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

It's not 100% perfect, unfortunately. It's like 70% at most, since it still clips a fair amount. But it's not doing the wall thing, so that's a plus.

By the way, would you mind sharing the fixed files, either here or in a private message, if that seems less questionable? I decided to try that mod out and the same garment explosion issue happened to me.

For some reason, my game seems to be "ok" with SMP on clothes again.

Edited by Z0mBieP00Nani

This is the version I have, it was using the same BBHUNP BS made by UrbanNomadModder. Together with him we tried to port and fix this before but he managed to make this work in LE. I am using CBBE 3BBB in Skyrim LE so it's a mismatch BS but it doesn't matter anymore since wearing these gowns will not make the body skin visible anyway. 

This is the actual look of the gown to me in-game using the base Intel HD Graphics. 

Spoiler

A10.gif

A8.gif

A9.gif

I somehow fixed the texture of the red gown but in exchange I downgraded the Texture because using SMP Physics + the 4K texture of CloudBird will surely make your game lag in Skyrim LE.

Check my version if it will work well to you. It is still a big size mod because of the  BodySlide. You have to build BS for the gowns  to make it appear in your game.

https://mega.nz/file/g0EmBZAB#FWFaDWi4xgYDE6zJ7mMn3gUJq4ie3CbnFwX12A0H7no

I am only sharing this temporarly to see if it will fix the issues with your gowns.

Edited by Ma Ri
4 hours ago, Ma Ri said:

This is the version I have, it was using the same BBHUNP BS made by UrbanNomadModder. Together with him we tried to port and fix this before but he managed to make this work in LE. I am using CBBE 3BBB in Skyrim LE so it's a mismatch BS but it doesn't matter anymore since wearing these gowns will not make the body skin visible anyway. 

This is the actual look of the gown to me in-game using the base Intel HD Graphics. 

Reveal hidden contents

A10.gif

A8.gif

A9.gif

I somehow fixed the texture of the red gown but in exchange I downgraded the Texture because using SMP Physics + the 4K texture of CloudBird will surely make your game lag in Skyrim LE.

Check my version if it will work well to you. It is still a big size mod because of the  BodySlide. You have to build BS for the gowns  to make it appear in your game.

https://mega.nz/file/g0EmBZAB#FWFaDWi4xgYDE6zJ7mMn3gUJq4ie3CbnFwX12A0H7no

I am only sharing this temporarly to see if it will fix the issues with your gowns.

It worked perfectly!

Holy shit, I am so goddamn happy!

Thank you very much!

Ma Ri, I don't know if anyone has ever told you this, but I think you might be the most valuable member of LL. You always go out of your way to help us 'technologically challenged' members of the site. All the work you do getting mods from the 9damao and baidu download request thread alone should see you getting dozens of p.m.'s of thanks.

Thank you. I mean that sincerely, and I speak for everyone who values your contributions. :)

• 9 months later...

Hi guys, I need help with this dress. When I download the original 3ba version , i tried to fix the dress in the outfit studio, but it turns out NO images shows on the dress. The textures are gone for no reason but the body is there. I watch several videos but they did not help well since the other SMP modified outfits could perfectly show up in both studio and BS. I guess there must be somewhere wrong with the texture importing or the dress itself. Can anyone help, also will be glad if someone shares a CBBE version of the dress.

1 hour ago, BIGJacob said:

You mean your character is naked after you put on the clothes?

If so, check with xEdit if the mod items in Armor Addon support your race.

Nah, the whole body went transparent after I put the dress on, except the head and legs still there.

Update: I think I know where is the  mistake. I didnt put the Calient tool in the bodyslide first. I am gonna try to fix it now.

Edited by zqzqzqzq
Update: still not working!

It sounds like the paths in .esp didn't match the distribution of the files in the folders.

Load .esp in CK/Xedit, search for mod items in the Armor category and check the path to the model, which then compare with the contents of the mod archive. [Repeat the sequence for the Armor Addon category with the difference that you can get two paths.]

For texture: Load the model in Nifscope, check each NiTriShape/BSLightingShaderProperty/BSShaderTextureSet and compare with the contents of the archive.

Edited by BIGJacob
1 hour ago, BIGJacob said:

It sounds like the paths in .esp didn't match the distribution of the files in the folders.

Interesting point, I think that will be one of the causes. Could you tell me how to make the path right or refer the dress texture into the right location? I tried to manually select the textures but of course not working well.

• 5 months later...