I haven't done a deep dive of every XML file yet, but my brief investigation of the animation packs seem to indicate that the majority are penetration based animations.  There are a small number of "69" animations, at least 1 "spooning" animation, a rather interesting FF animation with bicycle feet, SnapDragon has a nice FF animation, but I don't see that many.  If you look at Leito's for example, the majority are penetration which will automatically equip the strap-on. 

The only way to direct a specific animation is via the AAF Wizard (pressing the Home key and choosing actors / actresses, whether you want nearby furniture involved, and finally choosing the animation they will perform).  I've not seen any of the AAF mods themselves with the capability to strictly disallow females from using strap-ons and only do FF scenes that don't require them.

Please keep in mind that I'm no expert, if you want a second opinion feel free to join the AAF discord.  The link is in the Up To Date Adult Oriented Setup Guide.