Struggling to get SOS working with AE v1.6.353

Pretty much what the title says.  I've done some googling and tried trouble-shooting what other people have suggested and still nothing is working for me.  I'm running Skyrim AE v1.6.353 with SKSE v0.2.1.5 using MO2, I'm using PapyrusUtil AE v4.3, and I've tried using chuckseven1's updated DLL for AE.  I finally got the obnoxious 'A DLL plugin has failed to load correctly ... SchlongsOfSkyrim.dll:  disabled, incompatible with current runtime version' popup to go away, but now my game won't even start.  MO2 locks up like it normally does when launching the game, but after 30 seconds or so it just unlocks and the game never starts.

I'm at a loss.  Anyone else dealt with a similar problem?

This is kind of odd, which version of SoS are you running? I've used both the papyrus fix on that thread and then transitioned to Chuck's ( Which must be on a clean save btw) For reference I'm on the exact same combo of AE 1.6.353 and SKSE 2.1.5. I've been using Vortex which the dev of Mo2 abandoned his mod manager to work on and so far it organizes everything well. You should also trust LOOT to sort these things. Post your load order and we can take a peak at possible conflicts or whatever. Make sure there aren't any lingering .dll files.  Missing masters will cause the game to CTD on launch I've noticed.

Edited by ithinkimst0ned
38 minutes ago, ithinkimst0ned said:

This is kind of odd, which version of SoS are you running? I've used both the papyrus fix on that thread and then transitioned to Chuck's ( Which must be on a clean save btw) For reference I'm on the exact same combo of AE 1.6.353 and SKSE 2.1.5. I've been using Vortex which the dev of Mo2 abandoned his mod manager to work on and so far it organizes everything well. You should also trust LOOT to sort these things. Post your load order and we can take a peak at possible conflicts or whatever. Make sure there aren't any lingering .dll files.  Missing masters will cause the game to CTD on launch I've noticed.

I'm running v3.00.004 that I downloaded here.  I think I did the papyrus fix in the thread, I've tried a couple different things.  Do you happen to know a link to that off the top of your head?  I could try using Vortex instead and see if that would work, it normally doesn't give me too much trouble but I was planning on doing a 400+ plugin mod list so thought MO2 would be better.

I've got a super minimal load order currently cause I was just trying to test things.  It is:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

ccBGSSSE001-Fish.esm

ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode.esl

ccBGSSSE037-Curios.esl

ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

OSA.esm

Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm

SkyUI_SE.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

CBBE.esp

SOSRaceMenu.esp

XPMSE.esp

FNIS.esp

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

I'm also using Mjg Fix, powerofthree's TweaksSSE Engine Fixes (skse64 plugin)Unofficial OSex Bug PatchOSexCBBE SMP (3BBB)Nemesis EngineAddress Library for SKSE PluginsTempered Skins - SoS Full Version, Faster HDT - SMP, and then obviously chuckseven1's updated DLL, and PapyrusUtil SE.  And that's all I got.  All of it was working fine until I installed the Full version of SOS.  I had the Light version and it worked just fine, I'd just prefer the physics and other stuff the Full version has.

Edited by Slushman
2 hours ago, Slushman said:

I'm running v3.00.004 that I downloaded here.  I think I did the papyrus fix in the thread, I've tried a couple different things.  Do you happen to know a link to that off the top of your head?  I could try using Vortex instead and see if that would work, it normally doesn't give me too much trouble but I was planning on doing a 400+ plugin mod list so thought MO2 would be better.

I've got a super minimal load order currently cause I was just trying to test things.  It is:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

ccBGSSSE001-Fish.esm

ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode.esl

ccBGSSSE037-Curios.esl

ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

OSA.esm

Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm

SkyUI_SE.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

CBBE.esp

SOSRaceMenu.esp

XPMSE.esp

FNIS.esp

Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

I'm also using Mjg Fix, powerofthree's TweaksSSE Engine Fixes (skse64 plugin)Unofficial OSex Bug PatchOSexCBBE SMP (3BBB)Nemesis EngineAddress Library for SKSE PluginsTempered Skins - SoS Full Version, Faster HDT - SMP, and then obviously chuckseven1's updated DLL, and PapyrusUtil SE.  And that's all I got.  All of it was working fine until I installed the Full version of SOS.  I had the Light version and it worked just fine, I'd just prefer the physics and other stuff the Full version has.

Think I got you brudda, try this one. 

Be sure to use the papyrus fix listed > https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1311573&key=56dfab77a60da81a22d54c194b48551b -or- chuck's fixed DLL make sure it's an overrite or just install with mod manager and replace it in your skse plugin folder and do a clean save. Gonna tell you I had a camping mod overwrite papyrus util SE and that broke my sex lab stuff so be sure your load order is correct. LMK how that goes.

Edited by ithinkimst0ned

Lemme know if you want "beast" compatibility cause goddamn that was a headache also. I'll be on standby to help you with whatever but I hope the problem was just using LE SoS and not SE or a load order issue cause that's beyond me. Honestly why I use Vortex. Mo2 is good on it's own for keeping everything stationary but I tried doing a transfer of all my mods to Vortex from Mo2 once and I just ended up redownloading everything. I think there's guides on it but for the sake of simplicity just take a peak at LOOT to see if you're missing masters and let it do some sorting if none of the above works.

Edited by ithinkimst0ned
5 hours ago, ithinkimst0ned said:

Lemme know if you want "beast" compatibility cause goddamn that was a headache also. I'll be on standby to help you with whatever but I hope the problem was just using LE SoS and not SE or a load order issue cause that's beyond me. Honestly why I use Vortex. Mo2 is good on it's own for keeping everything stationary but I tried doing a transfer of all my mods to Vortex from Mo2 once and I just ended up redownloading everything. I think there's guides on it but for the sake of simplicity just take a peak at LOOT to see if you're missing masters and let it do some sorting if none of the above works.

Well, your fix mostly worked, thank you!  Now I'm just struggling to get the physics to work with the schlongs, there's a lot of clipping.  Tested a scene real quick and it was coming out of the back of Saadia's head.  I've reinstalled my skeleton and physics mods but so far nothing.  I remember having a problem like this back when I first tried SoS but I can't remember how I got it to work.

On 3/21/2022 at 10:23 PM, Slushman said:

-stuff-

Just thought of you when I came across this, seems to mostly work. I cant remember what added physics to SoS Maybe HDT-SMP I think.  There is also CBPC which will add collisions to butts and things which will reduce clipping. Here try this out maybe in conjunction with those two and itll run smooth 

• 6 months later...

I realize this is a bit of a necro, but this is the most recent thread I could find while troubleshooting my own issues. I can start or load a game, I can access the SoS MCM, but the moment I take off clothes, CTD. I'm running AE 1.6.353 I tried the AE DLL replacer, but that cause SKSE to puke. Help me Obi-Wan. You're my only hope.