Sexlab and SLSO SetPosition patch

Sexlab and SLSO SetPosition patch

View File

What

This is a patch for Sexlab that removes most uses of Actor.SetPosition() from the sslActorAlias script.

Why

Calling SetPosition() on the player in exterior cells can cause the landscape and grass to be reloaded. When this happens, the result in a very noticeable stutter and all the grass disappearing and then reappearing. Even on NPCs it results in a somewhat jarring teleportation.

How

They're replaced with calls to TranslateTo() with the speed set very, very high. As long as the actors are relatively close together, this looks better than SetPosition(). For NPCs further apart it may look a little silly.

Warning

I've been testing this and I haven't had any problems at all. But every load order and playstyle is different, so it could (and probably does) have serious issues that I simply haven't noticed yet.

Requirements

• Sexlab Framework SSE 1.63
    • It may work with 1.64 but I haven't tested it because I haven't made the jump to AE yet.
  • SexLab Separate Orgasm SE 1.7.7 SL1.63
  • An adventurous spirit -- I'm not kidding when I call this alpha. It's a small modification but one that could potentially mess things up in fascinating ways.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/12/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexlabFramework SSE 1.6.3, SexLab Separate Orgasm SE 1.7.7 SL1.63
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

The Idea is very good.

Positioning is better and faster and the Grass Bug is gone.....but

After the first change of a Stage the Sounds (Moans) are gone.
On start the Male Actor Cums instantly.

After the Final Stage (End of Animations) the NPC (a Male in my case) fly away to the Sky and Lands to death....

I know this is a Beta and a WIP, so i hope this Infos helps you.

And sorry... im not so good in english..

2 hours ago, CERBERUS110888 said:

The Idea is very good.

After the Final Stage (End of Animations) the NPC (a Male in my case) fly away to the Sky and Lands to death....

Are you using SLSO?

1 hour ago, markdf said:

Are you using SLSO?

Yes i do. Without SLSO this patch make no sence.
And yes, i use the right versions.
By the way.... when the sound stops the enjoyment freezes too. Same way if i use the mousebuttons to increase.
I put the old " sslActorAlias.pex " back, and everythink works fine.

31 minutes ago, CERBERUS110888 said:

Yes i do. Without SLSO this patch make no sence.
And yes, i use the right versions.
By the way.... when the sound stops the enjoyment freezes too. Same way if i use the mousebuttons to increase.
I put the old " sslActorAlias.pex " back, and everythink works fine.

How many times did you test it? Do you remember what animations and what combination of genders the actors had? Are you using FloppySOS physics on males?

Ah I was looking for this compatible with SLSO. Thank you. Tested a few animations (MF from different SLAL packs) on a new game and it seems to work as intended.

SE 1.5.97, SKSE64 2.0.20, SL SE 1.63, Aroused Redux 2.9 and SLSO SE 1.7.7.

Edited by Just Don't
11 hours ago, markdf said:

How many times did you test it? Do you remember what animations and what combination of genders the actors had? Are you using FloppySOS physics on males?

Ohhhh......I think i got something....

It was an defeat animation with a Skeever..... Perhaps that´s the point. I try animations. with Humans too ;) .

On 3/13/2022 at 10:45 PM, CERBERUS110888 said:

The Idea is very good.

I have tested this mod as well, and got the same result that they did, but the male actor did not fly to their death (tested also in an interior cell).

Furthermore, the enjoyment bars don't move at all, no matter how much clicking/edging you do. 

Disabled the mod through MO2 and things went back to normal to me. 

btw I use SLSO with PSQ (the SLSOxPSQ file), so I guess that is where incompatibility starts. 

Hope this feedback can help someone haha

16 hours ago, LlenneiasWard said:

I have tested this mod as well, and got the same result that they did, but the male actor did not fly to their death (tested also in an interior cell).

Furthermore, the enjoyment bars don't move at all, no matter how much clicking/edging you do. 

btw I use SLSO with PSQ (the SLSOxPSQ file), so I guess that is where incompatibility starts. 

Can confirm it. Tested it, and male actors don't fly around. The enjoyment display does not move after the first position change for me either. Whether forwards or backwards. Sound also disappears here for both actors

Done some tests, every "creature" involved ends up dead after finishing. Be it between player or NPC. The actual mod is brilliant for removing the jarring issue of grass reloading and jerkiness but there's some definite problems with other triggers. Hopefully you can iron out the bugs.

I also got the flying actors glitch, on Wolves. (Using Defeat also). Teleporting seems way faster. Tried without SLSO and didn't receive any weird orgasm bugs. Probably cause from my understanding is they're hard coded and don't rely on SLSO but I haven't used that mod so I can't say for certain.  I'm using Baka's HDT ABC dong physics. Guessing this may have something to do with it -or- Animal positions need to be adjusted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/15/2022 at 6:38 AM, LlenneiasWard said:

equifinality, It often seems to happen when you switch maps but there are NPCS having sex.