I just started fresh, what should I install?

Guest realhornydude

Guest realhornydude

Hey guys, great website btw! No more nexus bullshit

So I downloaded Oblivion again since my last install was so messed and glitchy,I want to make some characters and use Lovers with PK.

What should I install to do this properly and in which order?

I have the steam version of Oblivion Deluxe GOTY Edition

Any help will be greatly appreciated :D

Before you install ANYTHING - make a backup of your data directory and instead of dumping in a bunch of mods and hoping all goes well install things a few at a time and test - then make a backup and add more. This will save you a ton of headache's and burnout from having to do the dreaded "re-install".

Prior to installing lovers get your regular game mods over at the nexus (http://tesnexus.com) as well as all of the tools (depending on your OS and RAM) like 4GB patch, OSR, Streamline, Wrye Bash, OBSE, Pluggy...just to name a few. Also grab any clothing sets that strike your fancy as well as whatever body replacers you like. I personally recommend http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39966 but the choices are up to you.

Other things to consider are texture packs like Qarl's and major overhauls like Better Cities, OOO and FCOM. Once you have installed all of this stuff it is time to turn your attention to NPC looks: Mods like MBP, MP++, x117 and Xeosp add races and upgrade your npc's. There are other npc overhauls out there as well :)

Finally once this is complete (and you have been testing and backing up all along right?) then grab the core files for lovers and browse the downloads section for the mod(s) that strike your fetish.

In order to give you any specific pointers towards mods we would need to know what kind of thing you are after. :)

Guest realhornydude

Hey gregathit, I have successfully installed everything I need except I have a problem with the body replacer you provided, it seems to show a purple texture for males and females have no nipple texture! I tried both OMOD and regular version but still no luck, Also any saves I can download that I can start out with since I suck at making characters that look good (I used MBP)

The male textures are good now but the Female texture still has no nipple texture

Ok, something is weird then. I am attaching a zip. Extract it to oblivion\data\meshes\characters\_male\ and overwrite the 4 files.

Make a Backup of those four files prior to overwriting!!!!

Once installed you can try opening it with nifskope to check if that fixed it or running the game.

Let me know either way.

Archived