Fuck you too, Bioware

Mass Effect 3 can be resumed as Disney Magic. I hate how absolutely every single story thread is resolved in just one game. The Quarians have been trying to find a new homeland for decades, the Krogan have been plagued by the Genophage for years upon years, among other problems and suddenly right when we are about to face the end of galatic civilization, absolutely everyone has found a solution to their problem.

I just can't get over how Bioware fucked science with the synthesis ending. I know it's science fiction, but it has the science in the name for a reason, meaning it is based on actual theories and logic. Synthesis ending was something out of a Disney movie.

All three endings were a stretch to be honest.

Synthesis - obvious space magic pulled straight out of Mickey Mouse's ass.

Control - still space magic but more plausible.  It is still space magic as they never explain how it is possible to "control" a reaper.  Do they have an unsecured wireless link to a backdoor to over-ride their core commands or some other "plausible" deal or what?  The plausible part is that this has been hinted at as far back as the 1st game and even more hints dropped in the 2nd game. 

Destroy - a bit of space magic but just as plausible as control.  It is space magic as they never explain how the "wave" works, does it fry electronics (like a nuke's emp would), overload an unprotected wireless circuit that kills them or what?  Destroying the reapers has been the goal from game one's opening minutes.  I think it could have been more of a deal that knocked out their weapons and shielding allowing the organics fleets to destroy them conventionally. 

Personally I felt like they just ran out of time or got lazy and slapped some colors in and called it good.  For a company that prided itself on a well told story it was downright embarrassing.  What was even worse was them trying to defend the ending when pretty much everyone was calling it a flop.  If that didn't send a wake up signal to consumers that the old Bioware was dead and gone with its EA clone taking its place, then nothing will.

The funniest part about control that shows how the writing was all over the place is that the whole game is building up this thing about Cerberus trying to control the Reapers, and then control has absolutely nothing do to with anything Cerberus did, not even as foreshadowing. It's completely irrelevant.

Hell, TIM only turns up to STOP you from using the device that can potentially control Reapers.

The funniest part about control that shows how the writing was all over the place is that the whole game is building up this thing about Cerberus trying to control the Reapers, and then control has absolutely nothing do to with anything Cerberus did, not even as foreshadowing. It's completely irrelevant.

Hell, TIM only turns up to STOP you from using the device that can potentially control Reapers.

Yea, its almost like they made the three color endings and realized at the last minute they only had two covered (green and red) and went "oh shit what do we do for blue...?   .....um..... :idea: .....how about control?"

Makes as much sense as anything....or as little if you are a glass is half empty person.  :P

Mass Effect 3's writing was a serious disappointment. It's actually sad, when the best part about that game is the Citadel dlc.

Hopefully Dragon Age Inquisition will make up for it, because DA2 was one of the biggest disappointments of my gaming life.

Personally I think Dragon Age 2 had a great plot up to the final chapter. Especially with the Arishok.

Then it took a nosedive into complete stupidity. It's like they were making a slow, careful buildup to an epic climax and then some EA exec turned up and told them they had a week until release.

Personally I think Dragon Age 2 had a great plot up to the final chapter. Especially with the Arishok.

Then it took a nosedive into complete stupidity. It's like they were making a slow, careful buildup to an epic climax and then some EA exec turned up and told them they had a week until release.

Personally I think Dragon Age 2 was a total crap. People should get compensation for wasting their time.

I enjoyed DA2 myself.  The ending was terrible and the game certainly had a bunch of faults, of that there is no doubt.  My biggest complaint was the lack of continuation of the Origins story.  I wasn't really as into things when I end up starting a new character.  I felt the DAO story should have continued to its conclusion and THEN they could backtrack to tell the story of Hawke and his family.

I just can't get over how Bioware fucked science with the synthesis ending. I know it's science fiction, but it has the science in the name for a reason, meaning it is based on actual theories and logic. Synthesis ending was something out of a Disney movie.

All three endings were a stretch to be honest.

Synthesis - obvious space magic pulled straight out of Mickey Mouse's ass.

Control - still space magic but more plausible.  It is still space magic as they never explain how it is possible to "control" a reaper.  Do they have an unsecured wireless link to a backdoor to over-ride their core commands or some other "plausible" deal or what?  The plausible part is that this has been hinted at as far back as the 1st game and even more hints dropped in the 2nd game. 

Destroy - a bit of space magic but just as plausible as control.  It is space magic as they never explain how the "wave" works, does it fry electronics (like a nuke's emp would), overload an unprotected wireless circuit that kills them or what?  Destroying the reapers has been the goal from game one's opening minutes.  I think it could have been more of a deal that knocked out their weapons and shielding allowing the organics fleets to destroy them conventionally. 

Personally I felt like they just ran out of time or got lazy and slapped some colors in and called it good.  For a company that prided itself on a well told story it was downright embarrassing.  What was even worse was them trying to defend the ending when pretty much everyone was calling it a flop.  If that didn't send a wake up signal to consumers that the old Bioware was dead and gone with its EA clone taking its place, then nothing will.

That's one of the reasons i'm so pissed off at the multiplayer (other then the fact it's multiplayer in an RPG.) You shouldn't be adding multiplayer to a game like Mass Effect if the ending is going to be shite. The space magic didn't help matters either.

As for DA2, I did enjoy it (the first two chapters anyway) but while I was playing it it did come off as Bioware thinking that just because Mass Effect was so successful they should do the same with Dragon Age, in DA:O you got 3 races and 3 classes DA2 locked you into 1 of those races (which I didn't like and what made it feel too Mass Effect-y for my tastes) with the same 3 classes, I would have preferred it if DA2 had all the bells and whistles as DA:O with some additional features.

Bioware actually lost all my respect with ME3's ending and have followed Lionhead in that regard. I may pick up DA3, but it'll need to be one hell of a game for me to even consider it.

My main problem with DA2 was how limited it felt when compared to Origins. I mostly play as human, so the fact that they took the other two races didn't bother me much, but the origin concept was one of the things that made the first one so great. 

Then there is the story. Not the worst story I ever played, but it didn't feel like Bioware writing, especially given how linear it was. Though I have to say, my favorite moment with the game is the Qunari story arc. But the thing is, with Origins I was intrigued by all the story arcs and they were expertly integrated into the main story arc. This is not the case with DA2 and also the main conflict takes way too much time to develop. Sure you have hints about it during Act 1 and Act 2 but it is only in act 3 that it finally develops but by then it is too late.

Finally, one of the things I love in games is exploration. DA2 had only one city and a whole bunch of repetitive, generic, uninteresting maps. To me this was the most annoying problem with the game.

My main problem with DA2 was how limited it felt when compared to Origins. I mostly play as human, so the fact that they took the other two races didn't bother me much, but the origin concept was one of the things that made the first one so great. 

Then there is the story. Not the worst story I ever played, but it didn't feel like Bioware writing, especially given how linear it was. Though I have to say, my favorite moment with the game is the Qunari story arc. But the thing is, with Origins I was intrigued by all the story arcs and they were expertly integrated into the main story arc. This is not the case with DA2 and also the main conflict takes way too much time to develop. Sure you have hints about it during Act 1 and Act 2 but it is only in act 3 that it finally develops but by then it is too late.

Finally, one of the things I love in games is exploration. DA2 had only one city and a whole bunch of repetitive, generic, uninteresting maps. To me this was the most annoying problem with the game.

I've mentioned this before and it's been around the web a few time so sorry if this isn't news but apparently DA2 was originally supposed to be an awakening size expansion for origins going over the details of how Hawke became champion. From what I remember the Qunari stuff was suppose to be the main story and the mage/templar stuff something that was building up in the background as foreshadowing building up for the real DA2. Then EA sensing easy quids and bucks in them there hills ordered it be made a full game with no time given to do that properly. It doesn't excuse it but it does sort of explain it.

Fuck you EA! You killed Ultima Dragon Age 2!

Although this is all stuff I've just read around the web so take it with a pinch of salt.

I couldn't care less about that company.  After DA2 and the ME3 I will never buy anything from them ever again.  They may pick up some new customers and their fanboy/girl base will keep them going with DA3, but for me CDProject are by far a better developer than BW.

If CDProject is ever bought out by Activision or EA or whatever it will be a dark dark day for gamers.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't CDProject owned by Warner Bros Studios?

last i knew cdprojekt red if were talking about them is a polish company so the answer to does warner bros own them is no , warner bros may have published something for them but they dont own them

Mass Effect 3's writing was a serious disappointment. It's actually sad, when the best part about that game is the Citadel dlc.

Hopefully Dragon Age Inquisition will make up for it, because DA2 was one of the biggest disappointments of my gaming life.

DA3 is being made by a completely different team so it wouldn't matter if DA3 was an epic success and won Game of the year for the next 5 years BW will never be redeemed in the eyes of ME fans for their ME3 fuck up

I'm probably going to finish out DA and be done with them. I was seriously put out by the original ending of ME3 and especially their response and the gaming sites calling us whiners. Ended up skipping Otaku as well. EA just kills anything they get their hands on. Did the people who left Bioware start a new company yet?

I'm looking forward to the new witcher and hoping DA3 is good. But I don't see a lot of single player RPG hope out there.

I played the Dragon Age 2 demo and that was enough for me. Didn't feel like Dragon Age Origins at all, it just made me feel dirty. Very bad first impression and I'm glad I didn't waste my money. I loved the tactical / strategic aspect of DAO and DA2 removed all of that and made it into a fast paced action game. That's some bullshit right there.

I'm probably going to finish out DA and be done with them. I was seriously put out by the original ending of ME3 and especially their response and the gaming sites calling us whiners. Ended up skipping Otaku as well. EA just kills anything they get their hands on. Did the people who left Bioware start a new company yet?

They've mostly split up and drifted to other companies.

If you mean the founders. I wouldn't count on it, the last statement they made all but said that their enthusiasm for making games was completely killed.

Gee I wonder why.

me ending and story was one of the many things wrong with the game

i also thought the gameplay was rushed and just shit its 100% linear

go here shoot some enemies, next section and repeat

use same tactics on reapers/cerbures/geth ammo types all seem to do the same damage on shields/barriers/armors

most guns are pointless and useless who would use a machine pistol over a assault rifle, assault the only gun you really need

theres more but i ranted about bioASSware laziness, along time ago i forgot half of the stuff

ME1 was the best, ME2 was also good