Fuck you too, Bioware

Thanks, I got a very healthy chuckle out of the thread name.

Bioware died as far as I am concerned with they way they ended the first Mass Effect trilogy and then compounded things with how they treated fans who complained about the POS it was.

I am however content now that the happy ending mod was put out as my game has no red, green OR blue in it.  Fuck you and your three colors bioshit!!

I see the next ME game going exclusively to console kiddies.......I seriously doubt anyone with a creative brain is left at the company.  Those who had a clue have been EA lobotomized.

Yeah I already knew ME4 was being palmed off to the people who made ME3's glorified horde mode which while fun in small doses was completely brainless and repetitive so we can look forward to anything resembling an RPG to be missing from it.

I would get over their stupid ending if they would just be repentant about it, but nope. Oh well.

I want a new space exploration RPG so badly. :(

The guys who did the good games are mostly all gone right? So who cares about a brand name?

Not me, but I do wish the jellyheads who are left would stop taunting us and thinking they're being clever.

Only in the game industry can you drop such a massive bomb and be allowed to act proud of it.

I couldn't care less about that company.  After DA2 and the ME3 I will never buy anything from them ever again.  They may pick up some new customers and their fanboy/girl base will keep them going with DA3, but for me CDProject are by far a better developer than BW.

I was looking forward to dragon age 3, but after the preview I'm really skeptical.  Comparing it to even the teaser for DAO, it looks like crap.  I didn't mind DA2 as much as other fans of DAO did; but I did want to see the original story continue.  As for bioware, its really sad.  I go as far back as playing the original Baldurs gate, and its VERY hard for me to even compare most games to it.  

Like most I feel EA destroyed most of what was left of the company, and even did similar things with the original Square soft.  End of line; these big ass companies better stop fucking with the small companies who are superior.  Why?  Because if it keeps happening I will make a company and have a hostile take over of all the big companies, and hand them their asses to them on a platter ^^

I couldn't care less about that company.  After DA2 and the ME3 I will never buy anything from them ever again.  They may pick up some new customers and their fanboy/girl base will keep them going with DA3, but for me CDProject are by far a better developer than BW.

If CDProject is ever bought out by Activision or EA or whatever it will be a dark dark day for gamers.

tumblr_moni29Pnjo1qzcyk7o1_r1_500.jpg

"Hay guyz, let's make the worst ending in history then taunt people over it!"

Nice way of guaranteeing I'll never buy Bioware's dumb games ever again.

Okay so I wasn't going to do so anyway, but still..

Mass Effect 4, now with even more colors! I hope they bring controller support for this one, given how god awful the keyboard setting is for these games. Let's face it, Mass Effect was designed as a console, so it is to some extent more comfortable to play with a controller.

If CDProject is ever bought out by Activision or EA or whatever it will be a dark dark day for gamers.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't CDProject owned by Warner Bros Studios?

Bioware died as far as I am concerned with they way they ended the first Mass Effect trilogy and then compounded things with how they treated fans who complained about the POS it was.

I am however content now that the happy ending mod was put out as my game has no red, green OR blue in it.  Fuck you and your three colors bioshit!!

I see the next ME game going exclusively to console kiddies.......I seriously doubt anyone with a creative brain is left at the company.  Those who had a clue have been EA lobotomized.

I just can't get over how Bioware fucked science with the synthesis ending. I know it's science fiction, but it has the science in the name for a reason, meaning it is based on actual theories and logic. Synthesis ending was something out of a Disney movie.

I just can't get over how Bioware fucked science with the synthesis ending. I know it's science fiction, but it has the science in the name for a reason, meaning it is based on actual theories and logic. Synthesis ending was something out of a Disney movie.

Well to be honest, though I know it's about as scientifically sound as a supercollider made entirely out of chocolate, it wouldn't even bother me if the whole thing wasn't morally bankrupt. "Hey, let's do exactly what the psycho killer cyborgs and the antagonist from the first game wanted to do all along! Yay they we won!".

I also can't stand the racist undertones of synthesis, which is "beings that are different can never get along, therefore the solution is to make them the same."

This is all on top of an ending that makes no sense to begin with.

Well to be honest, though I know it's about as scientifically sound as a supercollider made entirely out of chocolate, it wouldn't even bother me if the whole thing wasn't morally bankrupt. "Hey, let's do exactly what the psycho killer cyborgs and the antagonist from the first game wanted to do all along! Yay they we won!".

I also can't stand the racist undertones of synthesis, which is "beings that are different can never get along, therefore the solution is to make them the same."

This is all on top of an ending that makes no sense to begin with.

THIS! SO MUCH THIS! I went with destruction, because to me that is the only one that solves the problem for good. Sure we lose Edi and the Geth but they are synthetic and that's the characteristic of synthetics, they can be rebuilt. I just can't stand how Bioware, who has Bio in its name, completely threw biology through the window. There is absolutely no way synthetics can feel emotion, in order to feel emotion you need neurons, tissue, a nervous system,  a way to produce hormones, among other things. And what Shepard did in that ending was literally space magic. Control on the other hand seem feasible, but I feel like it doesn't solve the issue, especially with Shepard's dialogue in the extended edition. Basically if 5000 years into the future, Shepard goes berserk, the whole cycle will begin again.

I'm guessing I am missing something here. In the synthesis ending does that not make Shepard a complete synthetic (Geth/Reaper)? where as he could no longer have emotions? only Logic.

"Basically if 5000 years into the future, Shepard goes berserk, the whole cycle will begin again." would not berserk take "neurons, tissue, a nervous system,  a way to produce hormones, among other things".? I'm guessing except for maybe a virus. "There is absolutely no way synthetics can feel emotion".

Or would Shepard actually retain his Humanity?. btw I did not play number 3, after all the hoopla about it I decided against it. Personally I preferred the books.

Not trying to be a jerk here :)

Well given how in the Synthesis ending he's fucking dead no I don't think he could go berserk. Even the control ending which is the one I think your talking about he/she's basically dead and just the base for a new AI to control the reapers. It is implied (particularly for renegade Sheps) he/she could go mad with power someday and become a new robot overlord.

I'm guessing I am missing something here. In the synthesis ending does that not make Shepard a complete synthetic (Geth/Reaper)? where as he could no longer have emotions? only Logic.

"Basically if 5000 years into the future, Shepard goes berserk, the whole cycle will begin again." would not berserk take "neurons, tissue, a nervous system,  a way to produce hormones, among other things".? I'm guessing except for maybe a virus. "There is absolutely no way synthetics can feel emotion".

Or would Shepard actually retain his Humanity?. btw I did not play number 3, after all the hoopla about it I decided against it. Personally I preferred the books.

Not trying to be a jerk here :)

In Synthesis ending, Shepard's DNA blends with the Catalyst and thus everyone in the universe has Shepard's DNA which somehow makes synthetics feel emotion. Shepard dies in this ending. In Control ending, Shepard also dies, but becomes some sort of Reaper God. Basically he replaces the being that was controlling the reapers, meaning that Shepard can at any given time, become like his predecessor.

And there is no way synthetic can feel emotion the way we do. For example, love is produced by an hormone that is developed when you see the object of your infatuation. These hormones work in conjunction with your brain and nervous system. What this means is that emotion is a biological reaction, not a computational reaction. Emotion also varies by perception, ideals, personality, psychological profile, etc. A person might not describe love in the same way as others do and thanks to the multiple variables that involve emotion, they are unpredictable, because not all humans react the same way in a situation. With synthetics you do not have this variable. The way they reason is through mathematics and programming, meaning that they will always react to a situation based on the equations that have been programmed. For instance if a synthetic has been programmed to kill everything on site, he will do that, he will not reason whether there are innocent people in the room or not unless there are calculations to allow this. 

The only thing that can come close to emotion in synthetics is like I mentioned through programming. Yes, you could develop a synthetic to process different variables but it will never be as complex as the human brain and it will never produce the amount of variables the brain and nervous system does.

It isn't emotion so much as "understanding" of  organics that synthetics get in synthesis, which means basically nothing since it was a hasty explanation for the Extended Cut where I can just picture them going "Okay, how the fuck do we explain this shit?" because when writer ego is involved, you can't just retcon a bad ending out of existence.