Training skills stopping at 99.99%

EDIT: Solved. iNeed was the problem. Try sleeping and getting well rested. Icon may be bugged/have "tired" active effect.

I noticed that when I get trained by someone, it doesn't level me up. For example, if I get trained in alteration 16 to 17. It stays 16, even if I use all 5 trainings. I then noticed that after getting trained, the exp stops at 99.99%. Basically, anything will push it to the next level. Casting candlelight will level up the alteration after training to 17. But the same bug continues on the next 4 trainings. This is also true for all the other skill trainers.

People have suggested that this is because my skill is at 0% or 100%, and that getting a little exp will fix the bug. But my skill is at 60%, and it does not fix it.

Anyone know of a fix or suggestion?

Edited by LordZero
9 minutes ago, LordZero said:

I noticed that when I get trained by someone, it doesn't level me up. For example, if I get trained in alteration 16 to 17. It stays 16, even if I use all 5 trainings. I then noticed that after getting trained, the exp stops at 99.99%. Basically, anything will push it to the next level. Casting candlelight will level up the alteration after training to 17. But the same bug continues on the next 4 trainings. This is also true for all the other skill trainers.

People have suggested that this is because my skill is at 0% or 100%, and that getting a little exp will fix the bug. But my skill is at 60%, and it does not fix it.

Anyone know of a fix or suggestion?

I suppose this is one of those where you should post your LO and say if you have any mods that might change skills or trainers. Maybe adds a script to a trainer in their mod but accidently it effects other trainers or something.

25 minutes ago, RohZima said:

I suppose this is one of those where you should post your LO and say if you have any mods that might change skills or trainers. Maybe adds a script to a trainer in their mod but accidently it effects other trainers or something.

Strangely, it was still working mid playthrough. Leveled up my destruction 5 times. Tried to level destruction again after leveling but ran into the bug. Then loading back to a previous save didn't fix it. Or game restart.

I'll attach the LO here. It's uhh... almost 400 plugins...

As for any mods that might change skills or trainers. Only one that comes to mind is Ordinator, but nothing that affects trainers directly.

loadorder.txt

Edited by LordZero
10 hours ago, LordZero said:

Strangely, it was still working mid playthrough. Leveled up my destruction 5 times. Tried to level destruction again after leveling but ran into the bug. Then loading back to a previous save didn't fix it. Or game restart.

I'll attach the LO here. It's uhh... almost 400 plugins...

As for any mods that might change skills or trainers. Only one that comes to mind is Ordinator, but nothing that affects trainers directly.

loadorder.txt 10.06 kB · 0 downloads

Can you confirm if it persists with a new character?

8 hours ago, RohZima said:

Can you confirm if it persists with a new character?

No it does not persist with a new character.

I loaded in Delvin and Tolfdir to test training Sneak and Alternation. Both worked on the new character.

Loaded into my original character afterwards, can't train to level up alternation.

Edit: OK so, that test pretty much says there's something wrong with my character's save process/data. So what I did was test it on a save file that was 150~ saves ago. The training worked! But... It's 150 save files ago :/

I guess I'll restart the process and hope it doesn't occur again? But do you know what causes the problem/how to fix? We now know it's something localized and not mod load order related-ish.

Edited by LordZero
2 hours ago, LordZero said:

now know

known bug. Happens whenthere is just a little bit to level up.

fix

incpcs destruction

if it advances, no bug, if it sticks, bug.

then type advancepcskill destruction 10

this should fix it.

to prevent in future, do not train skills, if they are pretty close to level up, like 99%, as you said.

Edited by Tlam99
1 hour ago, Tlam99 said:

known bug. Happens whenthere is just a little bit to level up.

fix

incpcs destruction

if it advances, no bug, if it sticks, bug.

then type advancepcskill destruction 10

this should fix it.

to prevent in future, do not train skills, if they are pretty close to level up, like 99%, as you said.

They were not 99% when I trained. They were trained up to 99.99%. It stopped there when I trained and anything you do would bump it to the next level (like pickpocketing 1 gold). 

The starting experience was 50-60% way. This was true for all skills (the couple I tested = assume all of them), regardless of what experience it was at.

I saw that bug with training  skills that you mentioned, but is not the same scenario that caused it or fix that fixed it.

Though I have not tried your setskill to 10 suggestion. But I imagine if all the skills were experiencing this problem, setskill would likely not fix it.

Edited by LordZero
8 hours ago, LordZero said:

But do you know what causes the problem/how to fix?

No I don't, sorry. I wouldn't personally go back 150 saves just for that though, since you can easily work around it with console and timing when you use training. Or just not use trainers.

11 hours ago, Tlam99 said:

Not setskill

advancepcskill

This is a complete different mechanic.

Ah OK, I haven't heard of this command before. I'll try.

Edit: Tried Incpcs and advancepcskill. Does not become unstuck. Advancepcskill 10 does give me the 10% experience. But when training again, the skill gets stuck at 99.99% again.

7 hours ago, RohZima said:

No I don't, sorry. I wouldn't personally go back 150 saves just for that though, since you can easily work around it with console and timing when you use training. Or just not use trainers.

So I figured out what may be causing the freeze. Currently, this is happening after I go finish Mzulft and go back to the college of winterhold (mage questline and seeing the light map of Skyrim, etc). 

Using console commands, I spawned Tolfdir after finishing Mzulft. He can train me. Training levels work.

But when I fast travel back to the college and try to train with Tolfdir, I get the training stuck bug... So odd...

I also tested with Delvin with sneaking. Same thing at Mzulft and after traveling to the college.

Absolutely driving me insane.

Edit: Fast traveling to any city, training bug occurs...

BIG EDIT: I "think" I solved the problem. It has something to do with iNeed Mod. Being tired may cause a bug in which the skill gets stuck at 99.99%. I don't know why, don't know how... I know there are effects that influence the rate in which you gain experience, in battle/activities. But didn't know that something is keeping the skills stuck at 99%. But that's what solved it for me now from countless loads...

Thank you both for your help. I'll come back and complain when I hit another bug that no one else finds.

Edited by LordZero