Crash upon walking a bit into Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary near Falkreath after completing a couple of the first few contracts

I can enter the sanctuary just fine but if i walk about halfway through that first room with the shelves and desk the game will CTD.  I dunno if it was related but was getting a CTD if I stood around for too long after exiting the abandoned shack only able to escape thanks to fast travel.  Have had relatively few issues with crashing ignoring totally random stuff that wasn't able to be replicated.  Also I'm generally new here so any guidance on sharing helpful information would be appreciated.

Do you have any mods that change Dark Brotherhood NPCs, add NPCs, or change the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary?  If so, there could be a missing/bad texture or mesh for an NPC, or some conflict with the game cell that the Sanctuary sits in. 

Also, are you running AE or SE?  Could potentially be an SE mod not updated for AE.

Not sure, just a couple possible ideas. 

Edited by ttts1

I was able to be in the sanctuary just fine before, it only now crashes after I did a couple of contracts so it couldn't be anything related to stuff that is there when you first go in.  I'm on the most recent update for SSE but did not buy the AE upgrade.  I do have a few mods pointed out in a warning that say they are form 43 even though they say SE/AE in their title however none of them should be touching the dark brotherhood at all, in general I don't have any mods that to my knowledge should affect this location.

Note:  you don't have to buy any upgrade for AE, SE version will automatically update to AE if you already owned SE.  Confusing, I know.  You would either need to be using a backup file or a downgrade patch if you are playing SE if you are using Steam (and maybe other game stores?), otherwise any update you've had since early November was the AE update. 

Depending on the mod, form 43 may not be an issue.  Basically those are LE mods that are not converted for SE.  But some LE mods will run fine on SE (and probably AE, not sure as I am still using SE).  It's possible those are the problem, or its possible those are fine.  Depends on the mod and I'm not enough of an expert to know which. 

I don't have any idea what could be causing it, you've already ruled out the simple things I know of.  Hopefully someone more technically proficient can provide some ideas.