Skyrim AE access violation error

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2023 at 11:04 AM, Cornoholio said:

Sorry for the thread necro, but this seems to be some repeat of what just fucks my game. Crashog in attachment.

2023-12-22-16-59-09.logUnavailable

Luckily it managed to resurrect the dead. Looks like skyrim itself is the issue so I would use steam to verify integrity of the game files. If you're admin you can also use this to add a registry edit that adds the ability to fix ownership issues in the right click menu. Can always try running that on the skyrim folder itself to see if it fixes any weird permissions. Takes quite awhile to complete though.

That being said I rarely log in now so unlikely to help you further here.

Take Ownership Menu Hacks.7z

4 hours ago, HabibHanson said:

Luckily it managed to resurrect the dead. Looks like skyrim itself is the issue so I would use steam to verify integrity of the game files. If you're admin you can also use this to add a registry edit that adds the ability to fix ownership issues in the right click menu. Can always try running that on the skyrim folder itself to see if it fixes any weird permissions. Takes quite awhile to complete though.

That being said I rarely log in now so unlikely to help you further here.

Take Ownership Menu Hacks.7z 838 B · 0 downloads

My man! Fixed it up right quick!

Just so you know - this type of crash (access violation error) could be encountered because of outdated dyndolod/texgen output. Just solved that mystery - the clue was the game sometimes crashed when leaving an interior cell. Crash reports told me nothing of value. So be sure to update your texgen and dyndolod output from time to time if installing new mods. Cheers.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, fidoslol said:

I know it has been a while since the thread has been updated , but maybe someone can help me with my crash log. I have no idea how to solve the crash.
Would really appreciate it.

crash.log 31.13 kB · 1 download

The two likely culprits that pop up are the windows kernel itself and skyrim. As above I would verify game files but I would also launch command prompt as admin and run

sfc /scannow

just to make sure windows system file corruption isn't the issue. That's about the best I can do with the time that I have to look at this.

2 hours ago, HabibHanson said:

The two likely culprits that pop up are the windows kernel itself and skyrim. As above I would verify game files but I would also launch command prompt as admin and run

sfc /scannow

just to make sure windows system file corruption isn't the issue. That's about the best I can do with the time that I have to look at this.

Did both but nothing changed, still crashes when Iam trying to create a new character. Iam not sure if the Unofficial Skyrim patch is one culprit, becuase it hasnt been updated to 1170 but when I disable it I get a similar crash log