I had just started a new game when I stepped into bbls for the first time I have both the female inn keepers and the male inn keepers. I tried both ways. just walk into bbls and do bride of migal to setup mod and I also went back a save and used the mcm to set up mod. Both times I ended up with both sets as inn keepers. Brothers and sisters. About 5 of each sex! storage rooms? Also have coldsons replacer installed

On 12/12/2022 at 12:04 PM, KCOLL said:

I had just started a new game when I stepped into bbls for the first time I have both the female inn keepers and the male inn keepers. I tried both ways. just walk into bbls and do bride of migal to setup mod and I also went back a save and used the mcm to set up mod. Both times I ended up with both sets as inn keepers. Brothers and sisters. About 5 of each sex! storage rooms? Also have coldsons replacer installed

A couple years ago I changed the way BBLS starts a new play-through.  In older versions, it began the game with all male innkeepers disabled and you would need to go into the MCM and enable the males.  This action would immediately enable the males and it would simultaneously disable their female counterparts (which use the same AI packages).

This method made it impossible to have mixed-sex innkeepers, which was a request going all the way back to 2012.  So, several versions ago, I changed the way it works.

When you start a new game, the first time you walk into BBLS, both males and females are enabled so you see all of them.  If you stand there and just watch,  you will see the males walk out of the building so they can go to their hiding cell.  If you open the MCM and enable males, you can watch the females leave and the males will come back.  Or, you can open the MCM and disable all the default NPCs which fires all of them, leaving you with no innkeepers at all (it also fires Farquar the guard).

Innkeepers that have been disabled either due to their sex or because you fired all of them will occasionally return as customers if you have customers enabled for their sex.  If you fired all the innkeepers, you now have the option go invite the specific ones you want to keep to be a new innkeeper.  Or, you can invite any character that qualifies by voice type, including downloaded mod characters, to be a new innkeeper.  In this way, you can create your own combination of BBLS innkeepers.

So, why is it that some people don't see innkeepers walk out of the building when their sex has been disabled or they have all been fired?  There are two possible reasons.

1.  You simply don't understand the way it works.  You see the males the first time you walk in and imagine it works like BBLS 2016.  You think they shouldn't exist and so you don't wait for them to walk out.  Instead of waiting to see if they leave, you post somewhere, assuming it's not working.  This is, frankly, the most common scenario.

2.  You're running a mod that radically alters all game AI and it has taken control of the BBLS characters so they cannot leave like their BBLS AI is telling them to do.  The most common culprit in this case is the mod, AI Overhaul, although I believe there are other mods that can also do it, based on reports in my discord.  By their nature, these mods are designed for no other mods to be installed in your game.  When it comes to mods like this, if you want to keep them, your only option is to disable the actors with the console.  This, of course, breaks their connection with the programming attached to the BBLS MCM.  So, once you've done it, you better like it, because the only way to go back is by loading an old save before you did it.

Hello, I am really rusty at this Skyrim thing since I last played 5+ years ago.  So many new things.

I just installed a Vortex and a Vortex Collection called "Immersive Adult"

I'm also intriguded by Coldsun's new work.

So I just added in the Bathing Beauties or Beefcake Luxury Suite as my favorite home base and received these conflicts

Is it fixable?  If so could you please add some suggestions what overwritews what?

image.png.b3529fde34b5891fe844fc23cfffbe4f.png

image.png.4b06873c788fa24220935b4aaea996c9.png

image.png.5c0f092313b6d6d705284b4529cdcd02.png

image.png.973bd0d0a78684be30a3559741243ee9.png

I am really horrible at modding and everything takes far longer with multiple installs

I really hope this is an easy fix

Looking forward to someones advice..

Edited by Valas69

Ah you are so right used to the old version! but no ware could I find an answer to my problem! for some reason I can not get onto discord to read or post question on your site something about lost password. That's why I asked here. Someone would have an answer. I never read wait a minute and they would just go away!  and am unaware of storage room. And I use AI Overhall but the light version that made to cut down on scrip usage and not interfere as much with other mods. AI Overhall is one of my most least fav mods it requires more patches than number of discovered stars in the milky way! Almost as many as the new AE content patches thanks for the explanation  hope you make a note at page one  for reference to common problems so this does not get buried.

You should ask on immersive adult's collection thread they will have answer about load order. As I understand nexus collections only use vortex to download collection. Not setup to use Mo2 that everyone here uses. So not best place to ask about that. What I can say is update should come after base mod as it has to overwrite base mod but I am unsure how vortex works. And the flower girls mod leave unticked until bbls is working. then run it to see if you have a conflict. so try bbls base bbls update flowers nether  sda . But best would to be read collection because everything is made to work as its installed. Are you missing something? Wait bbls is not part of collection? Your adding it! Now you really need collection thread.

Edited by KCOLL

Is there anyway to reset the control of BBLS over the outifts on a character you've already used the outfit management? I'd like to have a character use some stuff through normal trading or another mod and that just doesn't work anymore. Thanks for the great mod.

Hey all, a little bad news for AE users with the additional upgrade, it adds a new player home called tundra homestead, which majorly conflicts with this mod, including a horse stable that ends up in the rear pool area, the main house is clipping into the player residence, and all kinds of terrain anomalies, one would think the easy solution would be simply disabling the esm for the new home, but that is not possible, has its treated the same has the game masters and cannot be deactivated using a mod manager(NMM anyway), however it can be removed manually, but doing so causes havoc with some of the patches for other mods, I'm currently working on a solution, and if it works correctly I'll update this post. 

57 minutes ago, Dragonjoe69 said:

Hey all, a little bad news for AE users with the additional upgrade, it adds a new player home called tundra homestead, which majorly conflicts with this mod, including a horse stable that ends up in the rear pool area, the main house is clipping into the player residence, and all kinds of terrain anomalies, one would think the easy solution would be simply disabling the esm for the new home, but that is not possible, has its treated the same has the game masters and cannot be deactivated using a mod manager(NMM anyway), however it can be removed manually, but doing so causes havoc with some of the patches for other mods, I'm currently working on a solution, and if it works correctly I'll update this post. 

Did you check Nexus? I remember seeing a fix there.

1 hour ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

Did you check Nexus? I remember seeing a fix there.

I'll take a look, but I've been dling a lot of mods the last couple of days and don't remember seeing anything, for now I blanked(deleted all the records except the header using tes edit) the master file and removed the ba2, I just have to test for bugs. 

EDIT: I found the mod you referred, it's a viable solution, but in my case, it will break any patches calling the esm file has a master(convient horses is one of them) and according to the author, the creation club can randomly reinstall the mod, my method avoids all of this, and so far is bug free.

Edited by Dragonjoe69
On 1/14/2023 at 10:12 PM, Dragonjoe69 said:

I'll take a look, but I've been dling a lot of mods the last couple of days and don't remember seeing anything, for now I blanked(deleted all the records except the header using tes edit) the master file and removed the ba2, I just have to test for bugs. 

EDIT: I found the mod you referred, it's a viable solution, but in my case, it will break any patches calling the esm file has a master(convient horses is one of them) and according to the author, the creation club can randomly reinstall the mod, my method avoids all of this, and so far is bug free.

If you set steam to only update when you start the game and never allow background downloads then you won't have a problem with cc mods resetting when you run the game with skse .

16 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

If you set steam to only update when you start the game and never allow background downloads then you won't have a problem with cc mods resetting when you run the game with skse .

An update, first, do not remove the bsa file without removing the master, your game will crash at the main menu, also game performance seemed taxed with the blank esm and untouched bsa installed,  probable cause for this is, there are override records in the header that I could not remove, and the script file in the bsa was possibly still active, to circumvent this I opted to remove the effected patch, and manually remove the esm and bsa, as far has steam goes, I have always set it up not to update, so far, my game is running extremely well, and I haven't seen any attempts from the cc or steam to reinstall the file.

On 12/25/2022 at 10:53 AM, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

Not me.  Maybe it's a poorly-designed mesh/model replacer or something with your load order. If you're running SE you can use .NET Script Framework, which in many cases can tell you why something crashed.

This is going to be the correct answer.  The BBLS basement is nothing but vanilla game assets.  If your game blows up when you go down there, you've installed a mod that replaces those vanilla game assets and there's a problem with the mod.

The only original mesh in BBLS is the patios, exterior tub and pool, and rear/side wooden deck.  Even in the pretty interior cells, it's just duplicated vanilla assets with new textures.

Got a weired problem, when i used the hug dialogue i got a ctd, i tried to rebuild the FNIS behavior, it worked at first the ctd is gone, but hug animation is not played, the models act strange and NPC just get frozen, only PC can move along. also i still got ctd when i try multiple times

GOT IT, FXXKING WINDOWS DEFENDER ruined my fnis generation and broke the entire game, have to reinstall everything again.

Edited by godtwice
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, eyeoftheabyss said:

Please provide directions on how to install this. I just got here from Nexus https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/78585?tab=description and with Vortex it's mostly easy to install. With this I have a zip file and a folder of Data. What now?

Welcome to manual modding installation. In Vortex select install from file and install the zip.