11 hours ago, atheos13 said:

What dictates whether or not an NPC can be invited to live in the bathhouse? On Migal's website, it says "Followers, Hirelings, and NPC marriage prospects can be invited to live in the Suite (25 slots) via dialogue option." Does anyone know if an NPC just needs to be in the appropriate faction, either PotentialFollowerFaction and/or PotentialMarriageFaction. I want to find out if or how I can invite someone like Saadia, Lisette, Olfina Gray-Mane, Sapphire, or Vex who can't be married, aren't followers, but I would love to have live in the suites.

How about trying it for yourself? Lots of NPCs can be invited, but you'll have to improve your relationship in many cases if they're to live in the Luxury Suite.

On 8/21/2022 at 9:58 PM, snychta said:

Do you need a new save for this mod?

I Installed this mod and got CTD every time I load my old saves. I tried creating a new one and the game works fine with the mod.

Thanks for the help in advance.

There's no such thing as a new save. If you want a game without CTD (or at least to minimize the chance of it happening), you need to work out proper overwrites and plugin order and press "New" game. 

Okay.  So I only check this thread every few months.  I answer discord questions every day, which keeps me rather busy between modding and support.  I'll try to answer a few recent ones I noticed real quick.

Q: Getting the residents count?
A:  Walk up to an NPC and ask them to show you their stats (stats dialogues must be enabled in MCM).  At the bottom of the window is the residents count for both main building and apartments.

Q:  What's an extension?
A:  Extensions extend BBLS features to vanilla locations.  For example, enabling the BBLS extension for Breezehome will allow you to hire a caretaker for Breezehome.  It will assign new AI to Lydia so the caretaker and Lydia go to dinner together at the Bannered Mare each night.  The caretaker will shop in the market during the day.  If bed-sharing is enabled in the MCM, the caretaker and Lydia will take turns sleeping in your bed each night.  Lastly, the Breezehome bed will perform BBLS stripping just like happens in BBLS.

Q:  Why are extensions an MCM option instead of just there all the time?
A:  Running a mod that heavily alters an extension location such as a Breezehome remodel or cell replacer will utterly bork an extension.  So only enable extensions for cells that haven't been changed much, if at all.

Q: What does the BBLSextBeds.esp plugin do?

A: The primary purpose of the BBLSextBeds.esp plugin is making the beds in extension locations more compatible with sex mods. For example, having sex on the master bed in Proudspire Manor can cause your character to get stuck there due to the bed's design. The plugin replaces that bed. The plugin should not be enabled if you are running mods that alter extension locations.

Q:  Can I install it mid-playthrough?
A:  Yes.  That has been true since BBLS 1.0 in 2012.  If you install BBLS and your game blows up, I have no idea what's causing it.  I've honestly never seen that reported until someone in this thread just did it and BBLS is friggin' ancient in terms of mods.  Maybe another mod is doing something to the BBLS cell?  No idea.  Sorry.  Installing at any stage of the game should be and typically is just fine.  And that includes updates to the mod, which do not require clean saving.

Q:  Exactly what NPCs can be invited to live someplace via BBLS dialogues?
A:  Any follower.  Any NPC that would say "yes" to an amulet of mara.  For example:  Ysolda *after* giving her the tusk.

Q:  What do you mean, "invited to live somplace via BBLS?"
A:  BBLS allows you to invite NPCs to be caretakers or research assistants in various extension locations.  BBLS will resurrect Mirabelle Ervine and allow you to make her one of two research assistants living in the Arch-Mage's Quarters if the Arch-Mage's Quarters extension is enabled and you finish the College quest chain.  BBLS will allow you to invite Karliah to live in the residence if you finish the TG chain.  It will allow you to invite Sapphire to live in the main building if you finish the TG chain.  It will add facelights to anyone you invite plus a few other NPCs for over a hundred facelights total, without using another facelight mod's slot count.  You can invite a caretaker and guard for the residence.  The caretaker will cook and they'll watch your kids if you use HMA to bless the residence.  They will keep the children from going to the main building's back patio and trying to peek at naked adults when playing outside.  You can disable the main default NPCs that come with BBLS -- the guard, Farquar, and all the innkeepers.  Once you've disabled them, you can invite replacements for all positions.  So, for example, Ysolda can be one of your BBLS bartenders.  There's probably crap I'm forgetting but you get the idea.  You can invite Serana to live in the residence after the Dawnguard chain.  I'll be adding Vayne 2.0 recognition to the next BBLS so you'll have the option to get Alexia's voice acting if you use BBLS to invite her instead of using her own home settings system I created for Coldsun.  I'm currently adding Vayne to OPrivacy and BBLS is next on the list.

Good luck, ya'll.  Hope you have fun.

Edited by migal130
  • 1 month later...
On 1/6/2022 at 7:10 AM, migal130 said:

I'm afraid not.  It would take me about three months.  BBLS has about a thousand AI packages involving the outdoor cell and thousands of scripts.  Eli makes unscripted mods with zero NPC features and no AI packages.  It would be far easier for her to move her mod and frankly, Bethesda showing it love as a result of it being CC content isn't wildly impressive.  The CC has never been considered the place to find the best mods.

Agreed - and you can always do what I did. DELETE the Tundra Homestead files. The home looks nice on the outside, but is waay, waay too cramped on the inside.

I'm finally squeezing in a little time for another BBLS update.  When ready, I will upload it here to the BBLS page, but it will be a separate download so you don't have to DL the entire thing again.  You'll just load it after and tell it to overwrite.  It will definitely come with a new version of the BBLS_SKSE64_Patch.esp plugin, which is where all changes I've made since 2016 are located.

The one major feature I can safely say will be there is the ability to load an entire custom outfit room save into a room, instead of doing it one chest at a time.  This is an old request but I didn't realize how urgent it was until I decided to start a new play-through for the first time since I added the three additional outfit rooms.  90 chests one-by-one is nuts.  The feature is functional and tested and if you're curious, there are videos in the progress reports channel of my discord.

Best wishes and thanks to all those who appreciate my mods.

Mike

On 10/20/2022 at 2:05 PM, migal130 said:

I'm finally squeezing in a little time for another BBLS update.  When ready, I will upload it here to the BBLS page, but it will be a separate download so you don't have to DL the entire thing again.  You'll just load it after and tell it to overwrite.  It will definitely come with a new version of the BBLS_SKSE64_Patch.esp plugin, which is where all changes I've made since 2016 are located.

The one major feature I can safely say will be there is the ability to load an entire custom outfit room save into a room, instead of doing it one chest at a time.  This is an old request but I didn't realize how urgent it was until I decided to start a new play-through for the first time since I added the three additional outfit rooms.  90 chests one-by-one is nuts.  The feature is functional and tested and if you're curious, there are videos in the progress reports channel of my discord.

Mike

Good to hear. I'll be eager to install the update once it's available.

6 hours ago, mikesolo1975 said:

thanks for the amazing work

with the new update i have a bug with Tundra Homestead, the stairs are invisible

thanks for any help and advice

This mod and Tundra Homestead occupy the same spot, so should be mutually exclusive. You're supposed to delete the Tundra Homestead mod (cceejsse001-hstead.esm) before starting a new game.

14 hours ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

This mod and Tundra Homestead occupy the same spot, so should be mutually exclusive. You're supposed to delete the Tundra Homestead mod (cceejsse001-hstead.esm) before starting a new game.

ok now its all working fine after deleted the 2 files in data skyrim AE directory

thanks for your help and advice my friend

Edited by mikesolo1975
On 10/20/2022 at 5:05 PM, migal130 said:

Mike

Question - where is the json file for the saved outfits? I make changes occasionally, but I don't want to have to remember "oh, that was on the third time I saved outfits." I'd just assume to delete the prior two and have one.

On 11/14/2022 at 11:19 AM, Doc_Oc said:

Question - where is the json file for the saved outfits? I make changes occasionally, but I don't want to have to remember "oh, that was on the third time I saved outfits." I'd just assume to delete the prior two and have one.

There is a BBLS folder inside SKSE\plugins

I use Vortex and not MO2.  I don't see an option to merge 3.2a with 3.2b... just override.  Which causes redundant message. I will try and research like any other mod I use but was hoping to get help from an experienced modder who better understands this sort of thing.  Have not seen anything like this issue before.  3.2a seems to work from what little time I have been there but saw mod author has since updated it.  I use Coldsun's mods which are amazing.  Thank you

10 hours ago, kansas72 said:

I use Vortex and not MO2.  I don't see an option to merge 3.2a with 3.2b... just override.  Which causes redundant message. I will try and research like any other mod I use but was hoping to get help from an experienced modder who better understands this sort of thing.  Have not seen anything like this issue before.  3.2a seems to work from what little time I have been there but saw mod author has since updated it.  I use Coldsun's mods which are amazing.  Thank you

I use Vortex. Make the update load after the main and you shouldn't get a redundant message.

I had 3.2a with its multiple files installed.  I thought 3.2b was an update and then 3.3 was another update.  Then I saw 3.2b said 'Base" LL.  I'm guessing I missed something.  Thought I read it all.  My bad.  Thank you for your response.  It made me look over everything again and I caught it.

On 11/22/2022 at 11:35 AM, deviantgene said:

wow, this mod is still ongoing? Migal you're a legend

quick question, does this utilize ORomance/OPrivacy?

so far I only see patch for BBLS and Romance of NPC based on Flower Girls

Okay.  Some of you that have used BBLS for a long time may remember a couple things that are no longer in the mod.  It used to be possible to get into a BBLS double bed that already had an NPC in it and it would launch and OSA/OStim scene.  There also used to be dialogues, "someone needs a kiss/spanking."  All that stuff got pulled because I started making separate Omods.  So, OPrivacy has Morning Sex, which is better than the old BBLS feature because it works in any bed, including BBLS beds.  You can use BBLS Bed-warming to send an NPC to a bed, then activate the bed, and presto, sleep creep.  Or, do it in any bed you activate, like a rented bed at an inn, and it will grab an NPC to jump your bones while you're sleeping based on a priority:  1.  Are they already in bed with you.  2.  Are they actively following.  3.  Do they meet the gender criteria you selected in the MCM.

The kiss/spanking dialogues are in the next OPrivacy release and they are more advanced.

BBLS is aware OStim is installed because it needs to try to wrangle potential stripping conflicts in beds.  But aside from that, BBLS does not interact with OStim directly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 10:40 PM, coldnlood54611 said:

There is a romance quest for this mod? how to get the quest ?

There isn't any romance quest, no. Farquar (the original male guard) has an option to romance Gwendolyn from Battleborn farm, but as far as the player goes, the only (unmarked) quest I can think of is Apachii, when she wanders into the suite Saturday night at 9pm. You can talk to her, get her to man the bar and eventually move into the suite. But there isn't an actual romance quest, no..

On 12/10/2022 at 6:13 PM, KCOLL said:

I keep getting both beauty and beefcakes npc's is there anyway to get rid of the beefcakes ? without new game ? Very annoying!

The only thing that comes to my mind is to disable them. Not sure if that's what you're looking for. I never see them, although that's because I don't open the business to the guys. Just the gals.

I did disable the NPCs when I started a new game, which means that you have to select your inkeepers and guards, etc. I just enter the storage cells and pick the ones I want. Of course, you may not know about that, so if you'd like further info, just let me know. :)