On 2/5/2022 at 7:49 AM, waaahluigi said:

I'm not sure if I have an incompatibility or something but in Whiterun (I haven't checked other places very well yet) all of the npcs stay in the main room of the inn and never leave or walk around. It is a big issue because they block the way and I can't get into the inn. I don't have any other population mods active so I don't think it's that.

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot70.png.5f89fc5f5e10fdd80af757421a722c3c.png

ScreenShot71.png.2e96886c1a7d94e7e6b97612256cb212.png

What i got from testing is that in order for the NPC to move (per AI Package) the engine needs time. Eventually it will make them do what they supposed to.

Have you tried to teleport yourself out of it?

You can do the COC HelgenKeep01 for example. Its save there (i suppose). I would probably just wait a day and then go into that inn again.

If you start a new game, it should work fine. At least thats what i always do.

In the Inn should be roughly 26 or so NPC. I placed them around the inn. What they should not do is to gather on one spot.

The mod itself has no scripts. At least i did not write one.

2 hours ago, Grumbrum said:

The installation by Vortex still doesn't work also with SCIM_020922. I don't know what you changed after WU_Population_MenArising_Update020522 (which is the last one that worked) but you screwed everything up by something you changed since then. If this really is supposed to be the last version I am glad that I kept WU_Population_MenArising_Update020522 (which is then the last version for me).

I will install Vortex for me to check whats going on. Though the archive seems ok. I uploaded a newer version. Vortex is unconfirmed so far.

On 2/5/2022 at 7:49 AM, waaahluigi said:

I'm not sure if I have an incompatibility or something but in Whiterun (I haven't checked other places very well yet) all of the npcs stay in the main room of the inn and never leave or walk around. It is a big issue because they block the way and I can't get into the inn. I don't have any other population mods active so I don't think it's that.

Hide contents

ScreenShot70.png.5f89fc5f5e10fdd80af757421a722c3c.png

ScreenShot71.png.2e96886c1a7d94e7e6b97612256cb212.png

Reminds me. What mod do you use for Bannered Mare?

Normally the NPC have a radius of 256 from their edit location. They also have idles. So they should at the very least do something.

If you let me know what mods you are using specifically for Bannered Mare, i can look into that.

In my mind i could not think what would not make them do anything. Its basically Vanilla. Just with more NPC. Mmm..

Please let me know.

What i can do, is to place NPC more intelligently around the house. The door is of course important. :)

On 2/10/2022 at 12:45 AM, ttts1 said:

So....this is strange:  When I try and install the newest version you just updated today the installer crashes MO2 and will not install. 

I've never seen that before, not sure why.  I tried both SCIM + Raven Rock, SCIM alone, and Raven Rock alone.  All three cause MO2 to Crash To Desktop without installing.  

Last night I tried the version you released just before this one (the one marked 020822) that had the FOMOD installer without descriptions in it, it installed fine and the mod worked fine.  I just reinstalled it after trying to install the newest (2/9) version and the install worked fine again.

So the problem must be something that changed with this version, or a change to the installer with this version.  Unless the problem is unique to me for some reason. 

(I didn't vote on the blog yet because I also had your YesMen mod, Populated Skyrim, and a few other mods running and didn't have time to try with only this mod running.  It all looked good last night but I really only walked in to The Bannered Mare in Whiterun just to see and did not really play). 

Well, my latest test was positive with both mod managers. I did not get an error. It possible that i did something wrong with FOMOD. Even though it is easy but mistakes can be made.

So i hope the latest one that worked for me will work for anyone else as well.

Its good that i receive feedback since i only have my game as reference.

Yes, i hope everything runs now as it should.

If there are further problems, let me know. I will look into it.

In conjunction with other population mods there could be problems. Not so much of the mod itself but with too many congregating in one spot.
So that is something to think about if you install other similar mods.

Though i have to admit, that i haven't tested that at all.

1 hour ago, wutpickel said:

In conjunction with other population mods there could be problems. Not so much of the mod itself but with too many congregating in one spot.

So that is something to think about if you install other similar mods.

Though i have to admit, that i haven't tested that at all.

This is probably too much information, but: 

I used Populated Skyrim (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3219) and a large number of follower mods which, as usual, add lots of followers in inns.  It was not too crowded to move or anything, but any LL mod scenes that triggered can be hard to see since NPCs will constantly wander into the camera/viewing angle. 

That was the main problem, in my opinion...too many NPCs to see what is happening from any angle and NPCs standing on characters in a LL scene due to NPC sometimes grouping too close together.  You cannot see a LL scene when 3 NPCs are skin to skin with the actors in the scene and another is standing on top of them. 

This can sometimes happen even though half the inn is empty.  If there are enough NPCs and they all being drawn by SL Aroused, Horrible Harassment, or other mods, they can bunch up sometime before a scene will trigger.  Then they stand around since they've been released by whatever mod was drawing them to the PC since the PC is now in a SL scene.  But now they form an accidental "mob" blocking any potential viewing angle as they are boxed in by each other and have limited room to move, even to the point of standing on top of the SL scene.

I think this will likely be fixed in my game by dropping Populated Skyrim to clear out some of the NPCs.  Just haven't had time to try it.

I hope to replace Populated Skyrim with your mod, since all those NPCs are generic ("Merchant", "Begger", "Citizen", and so on).  I will probably need to find a replacement mod that adds bandit fort, dungeon, and prison NPCs and enemies, which Populated Skyrim also does, but I'm sure there are alternatives for that.  Lots of mods add enemies.  I already use OBIS + OBIS Bandit Patrols, so I will look for something for dungeons and forts that are not too crazy (I've tried too many mods that add "almost immortal level 999 enemy" with the normal enemies they add).

Edited by ttts1
11 hours ago, ttts1 said:

This is probably too much information, but: 

I used Populated Skyrim (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3219) and a large number of follower mods which, as usual, add lots of followers in inns.  It was not too crowded to move or anything, but any LL mod scenes that triggered can be hard to see since NPCs will constantly wander into the camera/viewing angle. 

That was the main problem, in my opinion...too many NPCs to see what is happening from any angle and NPCs standing on characters in a LL scene due to NPC sometimes grouping too close together.  You cannot see a LL scene when 3 NPCs are skin to skin with the actors in the scene and another is standing on top of them. 

This can sometimes happen even though half the inn is empty.  If there are enough NPCs and they all being drawn by SL Aroused, Horrible Harassment, or other mods, they can bunch up sometime before a scene will trigger.  Then they stand around since they've been released by whatever mod was drawing them to the PC since the PC is now in a SL scene.  But now they form an accidental "mob" blocking any potential viewing angle as they are boxed in by each other and have limited room to move, even to the point of standing on top of the SL scene.

I think this will likely be fixed in my game by dropping Populated Skyrim to clear out some of the NPCs.  Just haven't had time to try it.

I hope to replace Populated Skyrim with your mod, since all those NPCs are generic ("Merchant", "Begger", "Citizen", and so on).  I will probably need to find a replacement mod that adds bandit fort, dungeon, and prison NPCs and enemies, which Populated Skyrim also does, but I'm sure there are alternatives for that.  Lots of mods add enemies.  I already use OBIS + OBIS Bandit Patrols, so I will look for something for dungeons and forts that are not too crazy (I've tried too many mods that add "almost immortal level 999 enemy" with the normal enemies they add).

Yes, this is a problem. Sadly not one where i can see a solution.

NPC use random path and so it kind of unpredictable where they will walk.

And of course if an area is crowded with NPC chances are higher they will walk over you  or stand on you as you have sex.

On e mod i can not use is spectator. This is because i draws NPC to you. No matter what i tried they would come very close to me.

The one thing i can think of is either

a) have sex somewhere else. (not always possible)

b) place NPC more intelligently around the place. This is actually what i think i will do. Have them not placed near doors for example or in a general path way.

I will probably make some only sit and not walk. So i have to figure out how many free seats are available. That will free up space in the location.

Thats why is so great to have an open conversation about it. In theory its simple. Creating NPC, placing them somewhere and good is. But problems usually arise when other people play and use other mods as well. So fine adjusting is key.

I uploaded a testing  version of the main esp.

Its specifically for Bannered Mare as a test.
Some NPC should sit now on chairs and benches. I need to confirm that they do that. It seems to work so it should open up space as well.

As always feedback is appreciated. :)

After reading the whole mod page, I do not have a clear idea of what this mod even does. Something about men and faces. From the title I infer that these men are at the inns? Do these men interact with the player? Is there dialogue? In fact, I would say the mod page is a mess. 

I recommend that at the *very* beginning of the mod page, you add a concise (a few sentences) description of 1) what this mod does, and 2) why you think someone would like it. I think this would be of great benefit to both you as a modder, who wants people to enjoy their mods (I assume), and myself as a user who wants to know why I would use this.

I would follow this concise description with a more complete and detailed description of the mod. Finally, after a new reader has a clear idea of what this is, I would talk about technical details, updating, etc.

Just some constructive criticism. I truly appreciate your contribution to the modding community.

2 hours ago, fooman said:

After reading the whole mod page, I do not have a clear idea of what this mod even does. Something about men and faces. From the title I infer that these men are at the inns? Do these men interact with the player? Is there dialogue? In fact, I would say the mod page is a mess. 

I recommend that at the *very* beginning of the mod page, you add a concise (a few sentences) description of 1) what this mod does, and 2) why you think someone would like it. I think this would be of great benefit to both you as a modder, who wants people to enjoy their mods (I assume), and myself as a user who wants to know why I would use this.

I would follow this concise description with a more complete and detailed description of the mod. Finally, after a new reader has a clear idea of what this is, I would talk about technical details, updating, etc.

Just some constructive criticism. I truly appreciate your contribution to the modding community.

My attempt at answers -

• What it is:

This mod adds unique, individual male NPCs to inns.  This provides background NPCs who can interact with any mod affecting NPCs, including LL mods.  Each NPC is a man with a name and individual look instead of generic copies. 

This is the only mod to add unique, male-only NPCs to inns across Skyrim.

• Why use it:

SCIM provides male NPCs for other LL mods to have interact with the Player Character.  For example, if you are playing a female and want more men for flirting or harassment, SCIM provides (*A* see below) men who will be used by any mod that polls for NPCs to use. 

This also helps with group animations since there are now more men available to be pulled into a scene.

• Example reason to use it:

I'm running a female PC and want men for mods like Horrible Harassment, Aroused, Deviously Helpless, Drunk Redux, and other mods.  SCIM give you a lot more men for those mods to trigger.

• How it is different that other "population mods":

SCIM adds unique NPCs to inns (*B* see below) instead of generic NPCs with no name ("Citizen", "Merchant", and so on).  Each NPC therefore is more like non-quest vanilla NPCs who are part of the town, not 10 copies of the same repeated template.  And since they are not random they will always be around town or at the bar, unlike randomly generated NPCs who appear/disappear constantly.

• Recommended mods:

1) Male body Variety - make NPCs fat, skinny, or any combination:

- HIMBO

- SAM or SAM Lite (note - I have not used either SAM version, not sure if one or both is prefered for SE version)

*A* - Number of men:  not sure how many NPCs are added in the latest version.  It's a lot.  More than 50 spread across all the inns, I think.

*B* - and towns!   I think the NPCs still wander around town during the day?  Not sure in the final version, but in the earlier test version some of them would be around town before going to the inn at night.  @wutpickel can correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't had time to actually play around with the final version yet. 

Edited by ttts1
6 hours ago, fooman said:

Essentially what i wanted to accomplish is this.

Creating a mod that has men instead of a mix of men and women, or women.

This is or should be mainly for people that like men and play a setup where they are playing as a female or as a gay men.

Since this is for loverslab, i assume that most people have some sexy play in mind.

Additionally, i created (Racemenu) some default faces. This is probably confusing but essentially, NPC will not have vanilla faces.

Plus, any time i installed a mod that had some form of population, everyone was called "Commoner" or "Citizen". So i named and created all these NPC individually so you have at least the impression they are unique in the game world.

And of course i wanted to place the mainly in inn's where players frequently rest or have a beer. All of the inn's look quite deserted if you enter one. Over time i added NPC to the City itself, gave them high radius so they can wander around and give the impression there are actually people living in the city.

Yes, i admit. The intrutuction is probably not as clear as it should be.  So i am working on it.

I did not want to copy other mods but be more unique, even if that meant to do much more. But thats rather technical.

Thanks for the input.

4 hours ago, ttts1 said:

My attempt at answers -

• What it is:

This mod adds unique, individual male NPCs to inns.  This provides background NPCs who can interact with any mod affecting NPCs, including LL mods.  Each NPC is a man with a name and individual look instead of generic copies. 

• Why use it:

SCIM provides male NPCs for other LL mods to have interact with the Player Character.  For example, if you are playing a female and want more men for flirting or harassment, SCIM provides (*A* see below) men who will be used by any mod that polls for NPCs to use. 

This also helps with group animations since there are now more men available to be pulled into a scene.

I'm running a female PC and want men for mods like Horrible Harassment, Aroused, Deviously Helpless, Drunk Redux, and other mods.  SCIM give you a lot more men for those mods to trigger.

SCIM adds unique NPCs to inns (*B* see below) instead of generic NPCs with no name ("Citizen", "Merchant", and so on).  Each NPC therefore is more like non-quest vanilla NPCs who are part of the town, not 10 copies of the same repeated template.  And since they are not random they will always be around town or at the bar, unlike randomly generated NPCs who appear/disappear constantly.

• Recommended mods:

- HIMBO

- SAM or SAM Lite (note - I have not used either SAM version, not sure if one or both is prefered for SE version)

*A* - Number of men:  not sure how many NPCs are added in the latest version.  It's a lot.  More than 50 spread across all the inns, I think.

*B* - and towns!   I think the NPCs still wander around town during the day?  Not sure in the final version, but in the earlier test version some of them would be around town before going to the inn at night.  @wutpickel can correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't had time to actually play around with the final version yet. 

This sound actually pretty nice. If you are ok with it, we can use this description instead of mine.

On a side note. I reduced the count of NPC in some inns that i use a testing (Bannered Mare). It has shown me, that if to many NPC are in a location, it is hard to control where they will be and may block the players path. Or the path of other unique NPC.

I made the changes available with the single .esp. These are just for testing. One just needs to switch the .esp itself and run with it.
Adding is easy but the real test is now to make sure it will enhance the experience and not hamper it.

The one thing i was trying in the beginning was to give NPC something of a schedule. But that went quickly out of control with tons of packages. So i have them a seperate NPC now. Where there is a base NPC set that stays in the inn, and another that populates the city itself.

The other change i made was idles. As funny as a dance can be or drunk, it looked quite silly to me. So i mainly gave them at the inn one idle which is drinking or eating. There is still a problem where NPC constantly try to sit. So i have to figure out why this is happening. Maybe its the placement (to close) to the chair.

This is really learning by doing.

6 hours ago, wutpickel said:

This sound actually pretty nice. If you are ok with it, we can use this description instead of mine.

Of course, and make any changes you want.  I don't care, it's your mod and you did the work, use whatever you see fit for the description. 

15 hours ago, ttts1 said:

My attempt at answers -

• What it is:

• Why use it:

• Recommended mods:

- HIMBO

11 hours ago, wutpickel said:

Essentially what i wanted to accomplish is this.

Creating a mod that has men instead of a mix of men and women, or women.

This is or should be mainly for people that like men and play a setup where they are playing as a female or as a gay men.

Since this is for loverslab, i assume that most people have some sexy play in mind.

Additionally, i created (Racemenu) some default faces. This is probably confusing but essentially, NPC will not have vanilla faces.

Plus, any time i installed a mod that had some form of population, everyone was called "Commoner" or "Citizen". So i named and created all these NPC individually so you have at least the impression they are unique in the game world.

And of course i wanted to place the mainly in inn's where players frequently rest or have a beer. All of the inn's look quite deserted if you enter one. Over time i added NPC to the City itself, gave them high radius so they can wander around and give the impression there are actually people living in the city.

Yes, i admit. The intrutuction is probably not as clear as it should be.  So i am working on it.

I did not want to copy other mods but be more unique, even if that meant to do much more. But thats rather technical.

Thanks for the input.

Great, thanks for the information. Definitely seems like a mod I could use.

5 minutes ago, Samson Nite said:

Great mod! Thank you! Do you have any plan to create the same mod for female population?

Not really. At least not at the moment. Though it is not a problem as it just needs a gender change and some new faces. Everything else is set.

Besides i think there was a mod that replaced most male into female.

I will probably do some test and post it here to try out. Probably Bannered Mare. :)

Spoiler

1 hour ago, wutpickel said:

Not really. At least not at the moment. Though it is not a problem as it just needs a gender change and some new faces. Everything else is set.

Besides i think there was a mod that replaced most male into female.

I will probably do some test and post it here to try out. Probably Bannered Mare. :)

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks! Very nice of you!!!!!???

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2022 at 8:03 PM, wutpickel said:

Reminds me. What mod do you use for Bannered Mare?

Normally the NPC have a radius of 256 from their edit location. They also have idles. So they should at the very least do something.

If you let me know what mods you are using specifically for Bannered Mare, i can look into that.

In my mind i could not think what would not make them do anything. Its basically Vanilla. Just with more NPC. Mmm..

Please let me know.

What i can do, is to place NPC more intelligently around the house. The door is of course important. :)

I think the only mod I use is JK's Bannered Mare. Do you think that may be the issue?

9 hours ago, waaahluigi said:

I think the only mod I use is JK's Bannered Mare. Do you think that may be the issue?

Hard to say.

It seems this mod makes additions to the environment.

Not sure if it makes other adjustments.

The best you can do is, to check if you disable the mod, if it is still having the problem.

My mod is more or less vanilla but of course has more npc in the inn.

Perhaps try this update i posted a while ago.

Though it maybe best to start a new game. Otherwise you have to wait a week ( i think) before the game adjusts the npc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 5:03 PM, Samson Nite said:

Great mod! Thank you! Do you have any plan to create the same mod for female population?

I have to admit that i do not have really time at the moment.

So if you want and can, you have my permission to use my mod and make it all with women.

Beware it is tedious work as you need to name every NPC new and add new faces and change voice and clothing.

But anyone who wants to do it, is welcome to do it. Just please mention myself and my mod. That is all i am asking for.

Thanks and sorry for being a let down.