Rune Factory 4 Special Adult Modding

1 hour ago, adolsilver said:

Cool, is it ok to assume you might make an article on how to replace character models and how to change the portraits in the future as you said in one of your earlier posts? I really hope that this does not come off as demanding.

As for the how-to's, it's rather easier to make them if enough people want them lol.
I'm trying to make it, but my priority is to make my own mods.

Sorry for the late post but for whatever reason i couldn't login to loverslab website for almost 2 days, it said something about maintenance or something... anyway here it is. 

On 1/8/2022 at 11:41 PM, adolsilver said:

I am very interested and would like it if it is not a problem.

Mod.png.c1f555143fc289afb87ff2b85d329d07.png

Marriable Raven Mod by Pawnisher.zip

PS: This will make Dolce and Raven switch places, i wanted to keep working on it and make it fully edited like story voices and etc, but i'm kinda short on time... but i think i did most of the important parts and now it's fully playable.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I left some extra files inside the zip that work as compatibility patches for this mod, BUT only use those in case you are using any of the following mods, otherwise it could mess up your game files.

(NudeRaven Mod by enalmebag

Gay Frey Mod or Gender Swap Mod from nexus).

Enjoy!

Edited by Pawnisher

OoooooooooKeeeeeeeeee, 

Finally, I was able to convert the .model file and import it into Blender.

Before I go any further, this is a rather tedious and rather circuitous method.
I'll try to see if I can apply the changes to the game, but this method is really tedious and I don't know if I'll be able to use it to create mods.

image.png.0bfca14f02bf77e295cd21bca151e250.png

I'll write down how to do it, just in case.
However, I'm not a good engineer and there are many things I don't understand. If anyone knows better, please let me know how to do it better.

RF4S is originally a Switch game.
So, if you use the Switch mod creation tool, you can load the models.

However, it is not possible to do so directly. This is because the extension is different and the hex has been rewritten for PC.
On the contrary, you can change the parts that have been changed for the Switch.

To do this, change the .model extension to .bfres, and then use a hex editor to change the

MESH to FMDL(46 4D 44 4C)
SHAP to FSHP

etc., the model can be loaded in the Switch Toolbox and output for Blender.
The location of the change should be changed to refer to the error when loading into the Toolbox.
If it says "Invalid signature, expected 'FSHP' but got 'SHAP'", look for the "SHAP" part and change it to "FSHP".

Sorry if this is hard to read, I'm using a translation.
If I had more time, I might write a clearer explanation.

Edited by enamelbag
1 hour ago, enamelbag said:

OoooooooooKeeeeeeeeee, 

Finally, I was able to convert the .model file and import it into Blender.

Before I go any further, this is a rather tedious and rather circuitous method.
I'll try to see if I can apply the changes to the game, but this method is really tedious and I don't know if I'll be able to use it to create mods.

image.png.0bfca14f02bf77e295cd21bca151e250.png

That's some great news! It gives me hope, that someday a model for ventuswill human form will come out.

And if it does i would be able happy to make a mod so she can be a full marriable character with an original story and her original voices. ??

Hmmmmm, I was able to read and edit, but not output.

I can read the file in Switch Toolbox, but when I output it, the structure is changed and I can't read it in the PC version. Crashes immediately after startup.
I tried to edit it in the Hex Editor, but there were too many changes to make manually.

All I know is that the loading mechanism is similar to the Switch game, but I don't think I'll be able to establish the exact conversion method by myself.

If possible, I would like to take this information to someone in the know who might be able to help.

…I don't know of any such community.

I know this may not be very useful for the model editing, per say, but you can drag and drop .model files on darkxex's texture tool and the texture files are spat out. I would ask him if there was any way for him to implement a model parsing feature since they seem to be formatted similarly.

15 minutes ago, asdfghjklggg said:

I know this may not be very useful for the model editing, per say, but you can drag and drop .model files on darkxex's texture tool and the texture files are spat out. I would ask him if there was any way for him to implement a model parsing feature since they seem to be formatted similarly.

Thank you! It's a great help.

On 1/4/2022 at 8:48 AM, enamelbag said:

I used translator, sorry.

I made Illuminata, Lin Fa, Nancy, and Raven nude mods.

I haven't tried it that much, so there might be some glitches. ( The same applies to the others. )

Put these .texture Files on "Bundle" folder.

( ~\Rune Factory 4 Special\Bundle )

The file structure is roughly the same as that of my other mods, so the explanation is omitted.

If you want to apply it to a different outfit, please rename it well. 

There are two types: with and without pubic hair. Choose one of them.

I've converted a lot of files, so there might be some mistakes.

Sample(Pubic Hair, same as the image above)

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.550c7265e1145f3bdcfef6367192a7bf.png

And while I'm at it, I'll show you what I'm working on.  Futanari, big tits and pubic hair.
It's a mod for me, but I'll release it if anyone wants it.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.053de323ff168e0c2015fe1107b16373.png

By the way, does anyone want the psd file I'm editing?
If anyone wants one, send me a message and I'll consider it.

NPC_NudeMod_2022-01-04.zip 1.54 MB · 119 downloads

Hello i have a question, do you still have the futanari Fray mod by chance ? could i have a copy ? thank you very much for the great mods by the way.

Sadly, darkxex, the creator of TextureExtractor, have no plans to make an extractor for .model files.
I'm learning a bit about game analysis at the moment, but to be honest I don't understand it at all. It will take some time.

Edited by enamelbag
5 hours ago, enamelbag said:

I tried to see if I could just swap the textures, but it was very buggy lol

If you do it right, you might be able to do that. Mesh editing is too much of a challenge. I can see why no one wants to do it.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.26990246b48f1b445a25db2721c476fa.png

I wish i could help in any way, but sadly the only mesh i know how to edit, is skyrim mesh and even so i use a tool to extract the files b4 i edit them. xD

Edited by Pawnisher
9 hours ago, enamelbag said:

I tried to see if I could just swap the textures, but it was very buggy lol

If you do it right, you might be able to do that. Mesh editing is too much of a challenge. I can see why no one wants to do it.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.26990246b48f1b445a25db2721c476fa.png

You can't directly swap textures between models, Textures are based on UV map in each model.
Since you have access to the model in blender, Go to UV Mapping and export UV map texture.
This will make it really easy to create custom textures and even Edit textures from other characters to properly match the model you're trying to replace texture.

Edited by The Butler
Additional Info
2 hours ago, The Butler said:

You can't directly swap textures between models, Textures are based on UV map in each model.
Since you have access to the model in blender, Go to UV Mapping and export UV map texture.
This will make it really easy to create custom textures and even Edit textures from other characters to properly match the model you're trying to replace texture.

Thanks for the reply.
Well, as far as UVs are concerned, they should be correctly placed. Or rather, I kept the UV placement and only rewrote the textures.
The main problem is that there is no established tool or method to repack this model and import it into the game.
So I tried to write the texture hex directly into the original model file. It didn't work though.

If you know of a better way to do this, I'd be happy to share it with you.

Spoiler

(Of course this is a WIP and the finished version should be even better... maybe.)

image.png.75aa0c1232bc9011b6f4153823118611.pngimage.png.16a1e4b7158bf8476ad3d69ad5bacf9f.png

Edited by enamelbag
11 hours ago, adolsilver said:

If someone eventually does a Lin Fa marriage mod, there was this neat wedding dress 2d image for her that someone seems to have made, I didn't make it, I found this screenshot 2 years ago and just remembered I had it today, all credit goes to the original artist/modder.

rf4.jpg

If you have the image for Lin Fa only like her png/jpg etc, i could try and make it, it's hard to do anything with the screenshot alone.

Edited by Pawnisher
12 hours ago, adolsilver said:

If someone eventually does a Lin Fa marriage mod, there was this neat wedding dress 2d image for her that someone seems to have made, I didn't make it, I found this screenshot 2 years ago and just remembered I had it today, all credit goes to the original artist/modder.

rf4.jpg

Hmm, I looked it up and found that it was an April Fool's Day post, so it's most likely a collage.

In the meantime, it is possible to create one... but only after I have a mod that makes Linfa a standalone marriageable character.

I don't really like to do replacements because it destroys the character.

1 hour ago, enamelbag said:

Hmm, I looked it up and found that it was an April Fool's Day post, so it's most likely a collage.

In the meantime, it is possible to create one... but only after I have a mod that makes Linfa a standalone marriageable character.

I don't really like to do replacements because it destroys the character.

If you need help making a marriage standalone mod for her let me know, i have knowleged about text writing and how to add it to the game, i can also edit sound and voice files if necessary, but i won't do it alone as it's too much work for one person.

Edited by Pawnisher
  • 2 weeks later...