Rune Factory 4 Special Adult Modding

On 12/20/2021 at 9:19 PM, CronoAbe said:

I wanted to use this file, and I've done some DDS editing before on KT games (Ryza and Ryza 2), but I can't, no matter what, get the extractor working at all for this that people have linked here / on the nexus mods. I just keep getting errors :(

OK, the transfer of that image was successful.
But the face of the original character is still there, lol.

Spoiler

20211221123559_1.jpg.a926d43481195d85d13a21421db29c2d.jpg

I'll explain how to do it in a simplified way. I'm using a translator, so I'm sorry if it's difficult to understand.

Maybe it means that I can't convert ".dds" to ".texture", but RF4STextureExtracor is a bit troublesome to use.

First, You need to add '-i' to convert DDS as described in the extractor.
This means that you have to use the command prompt in the folder.
And the RF4STextureExtracor, the modified ".dds" file and the original ".texture" file need to be in the same folder.

They also need to have the same name. If the original file is "01_VIZNAR_body_00.texture", the modified file should be 01_VIZNAR_body_00_0.dds.
Then, you should be able to convert it by running "RF4STextureExtracor -i 01_VIZNAR_body_00.texture" in cmd.

If this doesn't convert it, check that your edited DDS is BC7 or that the image size is correct.
I don't know much about encoding, so please don't ask me questions.

If you are at all unsure about this, you might want to modify the original first.

On 12/20/2021 at 10:03 PM, enamelbag said:

It's not working for me for me. I just simply can't get it to re-import when editing your files, and I can't get the original files extracted from the game's batch files for different errors.

I tried the -i command, I've tried typing exactly what you have and even with the same file names and everything, the extractor tool / cmd window just closes without doing anything... :(

Right now I'm trying to get it done over Fray's model.

Anyone else able to get it working at all? What am I doing wrong?

On 12/20/2021 at 10:03 PM, enamelbag said:

About the face thing, I guess there must be another file somewhere that shows the character's facial expressions.

image.thumb.png.2eac196053a5080cb25edd1d17e92b9d.pngFor Fray, it looks like these are the pictures. Is there any chance anyone could upload all these files from Fray? I could try editing them all out / making them blank, I'm sure that would fix the problem. (Again, I can't extract the mbundle files because I keep getting an error T_T)

Ok, so I think if you want to use a custom different character, you have to go in and make EVERY SINGLE facial expression a blank file... 

I'm going to test it right now and see how it works, I'll let you all know when I'm finished but this is going to take a LONG time...

So, for Fray there are 64 facial expressions to delete and re-import into the texture file. Thankfully I think I can just take my one edited one and just rename it into all the other 63 facial files. 

Saves time, just need to rename everything. It seems to work. Only downside is that I don't have facial reactions to any of the dialogue, but that's fine! 

Now I just have to figure out how to mess with the actual 3-D model haha... Oh boy, that's gonna be rough...

image.png

On 12/20/2021 at 11:51 PM, CronoAbe said:

So, for Fray there are 64 facial expressions to delete and re-import into the texture file. Thankfully I think I can just take my one edited one and just rename it into all the other 63 facial files.

I'm glad we've sorted it out.

As for 3D models, I don't know how to do extracts in the first place.
I couldn't find any concrete examples in .model files.

If anyone knows how to edit it, please let me know.

30 minutes ago, enamelbag said:

I'm glad we've sorted it out.

As for 3D models, I don't know how to do extracts in the first place.
I couldn't find any concrete examples in .model files.

If anyone knows how to edit it, please let me know.

I couldn't figure it out yet, but I did test to see if model swapping works, and it does. I used Lin Fa's model over my character's model by just taking it and replacing player 1 and player 0  models with Lin Fa's.  

I'm currently replacing all images of Margaret and models with Lin Fa and making her a marriage candidate haha XD

image.thumb.png.a0b0286afa6f418e7e40d195655d1db7.png

For anyone out there that's curious, I found a few things about text editing.

To edit menu names and items, you have to edit the file rf3TxtNpc_split2_1.eng

To edit text in-game, like dialogue, you have to edit the file rf3mc.eng
Edit: Seems to be a few names in other .eng files too, and other text that you can play around with

image.png.c99d5e54e4706382c9b9106593fcda41.png

Edited by CronoAbe
On 12/21/2021 at 12:58 AM, CronoAbe said:

I couldn't figure it out yet, but I did test to see if model swapping works, and it does. I used Lin Fa's model over my character's model by just taking it and replacing player 1 and player 0  models with Lin Fa's.

Very interested in the Lin Fa over Margaret mod, would be cool to at least edit ventuswill's human form over another marriage candidate's image, even though she has no 3d model, by the way, can you possibly share your character mod for Frey that replaces her image with the high school dxd one, only if it is not too much trouble?

5 hours ago, adolsilver said:

Very interested in the Lin Fa over Margaret mod, would be cool to at least edit ventuswill's human form over another marriage candidate's image, even though she has no 3d model, by the way, can you possibly share your character mod for Frey that replaces her image with the high school dxd one, only if it is not too much trouble?

Sure thing, I'll try to remember to do it tonight after I finish work. I have a lot of files edited though so I'll have to sift through and grab the right ones

As requested, here are my Raynare files. They replace the female character Fray, so if you want to do a gender swap and have her replace the male character, do the gender swap mod that's on Nexus mods and then rename all of the files accordingly... it's a lot to rename, so it'll be a hassle ><

Tokk me a LONG time to replace all the face variations with blank files as is (basically made one blank appropriate file and then copied and renamed it several several times)... So I hope you like it lol

There are no facial expressions and I use Lin Fa as the character model, but there are 3 variations of standing art. Swimsuit picture, wedding picture, and the pink race queen one you see in my screenshots.

Rune Factory 4 Raynare by CronoAbe.rar

Edited by CronoAbe
On 12/21/2021 at 11:04 PM, CronoAbe said:

As requested, here are my Raynare files. They replace the female character Fray, so if you want to do a gender swap and have her replace the male character, do the gender swap mod that's on Nexus mods and then rename all of the files accordingly... it's a lot to rename, so it'll be a hassle ><

Thanks.

Sup guys. Just passing by to give a big thanks to @enamelbag, and @CronoAbe. For the tutorials, thanks to you guys i was able to create my very first mod for this game, although it still needs some work, the progress is coming along well, so thank you very much, here's hoping to see more of your works you guys rock!

I used translator, sorry.

I made Forte and Amber/Kohaku nude mods.

I haven't tried it that much, so there might be some glitches. ( The same applies to the others. )

Put these Files on "Bundle" folder.

( ~\Rune Factory 4 Special\Bundle )

The file structure is roughly the same as that of the Clorica's mod, so the explanation is omitted.

If you want to apply it to a different outfit, please rename it well. 

Forte's Sample (Kohaku's preview is in the folder)

Spoiler

image.png.44c7e8cd99ed1e8e4fe92fcbcf1d9b56.png20211223131143_1.jpg.0045eafc03dbc7ce3ee0328ef3fbca03.jpg

This time it took a long time because there were many places to add.

If there is a problem, the file will be deleted. If you want to have it, please do so as soon as possible.

Forte_NudeMod_2021-12-23.zip Kohaku_nudemod_2021-12-23.zip

Edited by enamelbag
1 hour ago, enamelbag said:

I'm working on a Dolce's mod, but it might take a while to publish.
Because I haven't gotten to the point in the game where Dolce appears yet lol.

I love your mods! Also please if you have the time make a nude mod for lin fa and raven/tuna too! ?❤️

Lin_Fa.png

download.jpeg

Edited by Pawnisher
On 12/17/2021 at 3:37 AM, enamelbag said:

I'm going to make mods for other female characters, but it'll take time and dragon is not a priority.
Also, if you don't want to marry a guy, you can use gay frey mod

Try the tools from CM3D2 modding.

That game uses .model files too.

It gives the addon for blender to import and export .model files. However you need to use an older version of blender. (2.79)

Spoiler

image.png.104e00d819cb85232e2373c05162f6da.png

[COM3D2]English Mod Tools Pack 3.28.2020.zip

On 12/24/2021 at 12:16 AM, zecknor said:

Try the tools from CM3D2 modding.

That game uses .model files too.

It gives the addon for blender to import and export .model files. However you need to use an older version of blender. (2.79)

Thanks for the information.

I tried it, but I got a unicodedecodeerror and could not load it.

I also had the CM3D2 model importer for 2.8, so I tried that, but it didn't work either.

I'm not familiar with the program, so I don't know the details, but I think that the conversion method is different from CM3D2.

If anyone has been able to do this, please pass it on.

I used translator, sorry.

I made Xiao Pai and Dolce nude mods.

I haven't tried it that much, so there might be some glitches. ( The same applies to the others. )

Put these .texture Files on "Bundle" folder.

( ~\Rune Factory 4 Special\Bundle )

The file structure is roughly the same as that of my other mods, so the explanation is omitted.

If you want to apply it to a different outfit, please rename it well. 

Dolce's Sample (Screenshot by Pawnisher) (Xiao Pai's preview is in the folder)

I haven't gotten to the point in the game where Dolce appears yet, so if someone could take a screenshot of the game, it would be appreciated.

Spoiler

image.png.cd49f251162320b15d9e020d2178ba18.png

sample.png.c28d54179ea4629afbda4b8134759a06.png

I'm planning to make Margaret next... but her portraits are very hard to edit, so it will take some time.

Dolce_NudeMod_2021-12-26.zip XiaoPai_NudeMod_2021-12-26.zip

Edited by enamelbag
add screenshot