Rune Factory 4 Special Adult Modding

This is off topic, but I edited Alice portrait from RF5 to try it out.

It's WIP, and at the moment there are no plans to use it for anything.

If RF5 is released on Steam and mods can be made, I will complete it.

I have no plans to make a mod for Switch, but if anyone wants to use my work, they can do as they please. The same goes for my other work.

Spoiler

Of course I know there are a few odd places lol

image.png.494f9462ef8b25d948ac2844e9f028c0.png

As an aside, the original image was taken from this website.
But there are few characters on this site.
If anyone knows where I can find portraits of other girls, I'd be glad to know.

2022/03/18

I got all girls sprites. I can always make it if I want to.

image.png.3853eeca7f4692a923fc9ee26fd34ef9.png

Edited by enamelbag
On 3/3/2022 at 3:53 PM, enamelbag said:

This is off topic, but I edited Alice portrait from RF5 to try it out.

It's WIP, and at the moment there are no plans to use it for anything.

If RF5 is released on Steam and mods can be made, I will complete it.

I have no plans to make a mod for Switch, but if anyone wants to use my work, they can do as they please. The same goes for my other work.

Reveal hidden contents

Of course I know there are a few odd places lol

image.png.494f9462ef8b25d948ac2844e9f028c0.png

As an aside, the original image was taken from this website.
But there are few characters on this site.
If anyone knows where I can find portraits of other girls, I'd be glad to know.

Your RF4 mod was excellent.
If RF5 is released on STEAM, I will look forward to your mod then.

8 hours ago, 12hapless said:

Out of curiosity, will you be working on sprites for the bachelorettes with pubic hair? You had already put out versions of the unmarriable females with pubic hair, so I was just curious.

I don't have any plans at the moment, but I might make one if someone wants one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DONE! 

I have wrote a psbData unpacker/packer for you.

And i have tested it, the newlywed mode exactly use the psbData files.

Here i have put a readme.txt in my PsbDataPackerUnpacker and you can test the example with

00_PLAYER_W_SWIMSUIT.psbData, which i put it in the folder for you.

And i have attached pictures, the should help you what you must edit for the newlywed mode.

1. double click unpack_all.bat
2. Now you see a folder with the name 00_PLAYER_W_SWIMSUIT_psbData
3. The texture png path you want edit is here 00_PLAYER_W_SWIMSUIT_psbData\00_PLAYER_W_SWIMSUIT\tex-texture.png
4. edit this file and if you are done save it
5. then double click on pack_all.bat
6. in the output folder you see the new 00_PLAYER_W_SWIMSUIT.psbData file which contains your edited tex-texture.png

PsbDataPackerUnpacker.zip

newlywed2.png

newlywed3.png

newlywed1.png

Edited by Werder7
11 hours ago, SummerChu said:

Is there any update on the how-to or all-in-one? If not, I'm also looking for a layer file (preferably compatible with paint.net) of the female player, so that I can make the variations myself.

Sorry, I'm pretty busy at the moment and don't have time to make a How to or All in One.

In the meantime, I'll share the Fray PSD file.
I heard that importing to paint.net can be done with a plugin.

Layer names are in Japanese, but may be garbled.

And it is not organized at all, as it was at the time of the work.
If you still want, you can use it as you like.

Fray_nude.psd

Here's a quick guide on how to mod sprites. Hopefully the steps are easy to follow without screenshots (because I'm too lazy to make them). This method may seem complicated, but using MassiveTexRF4 makes it so you never have to use the command line so it's a little easier.

1. First you need to unpack the game files. Find your install directory (C:\Games\Rune Factory 4 Special or maybe inside C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common) and enter the Bundle directory. Copy "mbundleExtractor.exe" to this folder then drag bundleMain.mbundle onto the exe. This should unpack the game files into the bundleMain folder.
  2. Inside bundleMain, you can see all of the game files listed. Sprites are all .texture files and begin with a 2 digit number. For example, 00_PLAYER_W_body_00.texture is the female player default body texture and 02_CLORICA_body_00.texture is Clorica's default body texture.
  3. Copy over whichever textures you want into another folder (for example, "C:\rf4\player_female"). Use different folders for each character just to keep things organized. Move into that folder and add a copy of "RF4STextureExtractor.exe" and "MassiveTexRF4.exe" inside.
  4. From the folder navigation bar at the top of your window, click and drag the name of your current folder ("C:\rf4\player_female") and drag it onto "MassiveTexRF4.exe"
  5. This creates two new files called "MassiveExporter.bat" and "MassiveImporter.bat". If you run MassiveExporter, it will unpack all of the texture files into .dds files (which can be edited directly with paint.net). When saving .dds files in paint.net, it opens up a Save Configuration window. Make sure to set the first setting to "BC7 (Linear, DX 11+)"
  6. When you're done editing, run MassiveImporter and it will convert all the .dds files into new .texture files ("new_00_PLAYER_M_body_00.texture").
  7. Rename these files to the original name ("00_PLAYER_M_body_00.texture") and copy them into the bundleMain folder inside the RF4 install directory, overwriting the old one. NOTE - it may be a good idea to save the original, unmodified .texture file somewhere safe just in case you need to undo any of your changes.

And that's it! Your edited sprites should appear when you load the game.

RF4STextureExtractor.exe MassiveTexRF4.exe mbundleExtractor.exe

14 hours ago, chivuron said:

can someone make a file of all the characters with spicy textures? i dont even have the game on PC so i cant install this mod. i just wanna see the spicy textures lol

If you want to know about my mods, you can find them in the files of this post.

And even if you don't have the game, you can use RF4STextureExtractor to convert the .texture file I posted into a .dds file.

• 2 months later...
On 4/27/2022 at 7:31 PM, enamelbag said:

If you want to know about my mods, you can find them in the files of this post.

And even if you don't have the game, you can use RF4STextureExtractor to convert the .texture file I posted into a .dds file.

RF5 is out. May I please know if you are posting RF5 mods anywhere?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Somehow Forte and Dolce's bathing suit have its additional rope (that one covering their neck) missing in RF4 Special if compared to their original 3DS version. Despite that, the missing rope still present on their 3D model.

Unlike Margaret and Illuminata's bathing suits whose additional rope still present on their 2D portraits, despite four of them all have the same swimsuit models.

If it's not much to ask, could anyone reattach that missing rope in Special for their 2D portraits? I know it's just minor thing but it's bit bothering me to see their portraits missing rope but their 3D still have that rope.

Here's their sprites in bathing suit both in original and Special.

ZlCfzS8NfUMS9EW2nY.jpg

ForteDLC.png

DolceDLC.png

Edited by WedaSan