NPC Dialogue Not Showing Up Since AE Update

I did not buy AE, so I still have SE and quests like Things in the Dark, Ravenous, SL Parasites SE, SL Dialogues are not working correctly due to NPC dialogue not showing up at all. Never had this issue before so I'm assuming it's an AE update problem but I don't see anyone else mentioning this issue. Am I the only one having this problem with these quests? 

13 hours ago, mediatekk said:

I don't see anyone else mentioning this issue. Am I the only one having this problem with these quests? 

But around a 100 People posting problems since the update and more then one Info Thread about how and why the new Updates break the compatibility of not updated mods/ skse versions with your game mention it. 

And almost any good guide for SSE tells you that updates will break stuff until mods get updated.

Edited by Gukahn

NPC are still on the Simple Edition and not yet familiar with the Advanced Edition.

They need more time, guess a year or so, until B..a released the for time being final patch.

Add a little time to this for the mods to catch up. Go fishing meanwhile.

14 hours ago, mediatekk said:

NPC dialogue not showing up at all

I'm on SE. Never updated-to-AnalErossion-and-then-downgraded, but last weak, after updating sl193beta9 to sl193release I've experienced something similar, twice. But not on a big scale - first it hit my follower, but couldn't figure out how to fix it at that moment so gave up - dumped current game and reloaded from last "stable"(?) savegame. But then, a bit later I've noticed that another NPC refuses to "talk to me" - not showing up its dialog options list. I won't go into details about circumstances, (which were weird on their own), but due to suspicions I had and log I've seen I managed to solve that issue of mine - I deactivated SL Defeat in it's MCM (because using defeat's cleanup feature turned up to be not enough in that case).

And my NPC started communicating again. (funny thing is that this NPC was never a participant in any Defeat related activities)

So I have re-activated Defeat and was able to continue playing after that "as normal" - whatever that means.

I have no idea if what I've experienced has the same source as your problem, but it looks like at least symptoms are the same.