(2) I can't load my save or have a repeatable CTD
You need to determine whether you have a mod issue or a save issue.
* Fire up Skyrim however don't load a save or start a new game. At the Bethesda logo open the console and type "coc whiterunorigin". This will take you straight into the game bypassing your save. If the game loads fine then your save is a problem. Try FallrimTools - Script cleaner to resurrect your broken save.
*If you still CTD with the coc bypass save method then you have a mod issue - usually you are missing a master file to a patch you have enabled. Check your load order for missing masters. LOOT and MO2 can help locate the issue.
*Note: You can use variations such as "coc solitudeorigin" etc for the walled cities and "coc ivarsteadexterior01" for the villages. The exception is "coc riverwood".

JK's Skyrim

13 hours ago, Lestat1627 said:

* Fire up Skyrim however don't load a save or start a new game. At the Bethesda logo open the console and type "coc whiterunorigin". This will take you straight into the game bypassing your save. If the game loads fine then your save is a problem. Try FallrimTools - Script cleaner to resurrect your broken save.
*If you still CTD with the coc bypass save method then you have a mod issue - usually you are missing a master file to a patch you have enabled. Check your load order for missing masters. LOOT and MO2 can help locate the issue.
*Note: You can use variations such as "coc solitudeorigin" etc for the walled cities and "coc ivarsteadexterior01" for the villages. The exception is "coc riverwood".

JK's Skyrim

You know your shit @Lestat1627.  Thanks for helping this person.

14 hours ago, Lestat1627 said:

JK's Skyrim

I tried to use the console to spawn in whiterun and crashed. I'm using JK's Skyrim so that may be what's causing the ctd. I checked my load order and ran loot but didn't see any patches missing masterfiles. Gonna try removing JK's Skyrim to see if I can salvage my save. Thanks a bunch for the help.

On 12/5/2021 at 8:31 AM, Puckman340 said:

My save was working just fine before the update dropped.

You have identified the problem right there. Everything else on this page is nonsense.

Lots of people are having problems because of this and there are umpteen threads about it in the SE section and the LE section (because SE users). You could have a trawl through those to see if you missed a step with the downgrade patcher or if there is another fix or workaround.

If you are reading this, I thank you for going through this thread. Upon thinking it over, I decided to close this thread. At this point I would be giving myself (and possibly you) a bigger headache than it's worth. Thanks to all users who took the time to respond and offer solutions to my problem. Before I close, there are two replies that I'd like to respond to.

On 12/6/2021 at 6:26 PM, Grey Cloud said:

You have identified the problem right there. Everything else on this page is nonsense.

Lots of people are having problems because of this and there are umpteen threads about it in the SE section and the LE section (because SE users). You could have a trawl through those to see if you missed a step with the downgrade patcher or if there is another fix or workaround.

I understand that hearing another person talk about their games being shot to hell by the AE is frustrating, but this was just me searching for answers to a problem I couldn't figure out myself. I followed each step of the downgrade patcher thoroughly and looked for many workarounds to no avail. Regardless, thank you for the suggestion of visiting other threads with similar issues; I will give them a look over if I decide to revisit the problem.

On 12/6/2021 at 6:07 PM, Lestat1627 said:

Before removing, simply try disabling it 

I did do this, but it turns out that I would get a ctd even if I tried to load a game that never had JK's Skyrim activated, so I guess it was baked into my character. I used Falrim's Resaver, did a complete clean up but came up short (I was warned that Resaver could be the final nail in the coffin so who knows). Do know that new games work completely fine. Whatever the case, thanks for the advice and the effort you took to assist me.

Again, thanks to all who took the time to read through my grievances. Here's hoping most if not all of our problems with the AE get solved asap.

• Puckman340 changed the title to [Closed] CTD on Load