Using Sexlab to animate -taur characters in cutscenes - 2 npcs that appear as one

I may be wrong, but as far as I'm aware, there's no way to use custom animations during scenes between npcs etc in the CK.  Would using something like SL to add my custom animations get around this? Or would there still be no way to trigger the animation during a scene in the CK? 

To complicate matters further, I'm figuring this out for my drider mod which works using 2 npcs, the human half and the spider/chaurus half mount.  I know SL is capable of paired animatons but I've had trouble getting the spider rig exported and ready to animate. I keep bumping into outdated advice and making a mess of things. Does anyone have any better ideas or still working tutorials on exporting for animation in Blender? Not sure if it matters but I use SE.