On 11/27/2021 at 10:31 PM, DaddyDubstep13 said:

Unfortunately due to how mod sites work, things like this only get attention if people "download" something. The algorithm reflects that unfortunately, so while I could've just made a post, most people would never have seen it, which means they wouldn't have an opportunity to see the fix that Erstam has done. An evil I don't like, but a necessary one to get eyes on solutions :)

Hopefully that clears up why it's a file.

Also, these steps are ONLY if for whatever reason you don't want to use Erstam's DLL-less SOS, but I cannot stress enough that you need to download it. It's fucking incredible

Fair point, thank you for explaining it. :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 6:23 PM, Erstam said:

LOL, this problem is exactly what inspired my work on creating a dll-free version of Schlongs of Skyrim. I had installed new Creations, and could no longer load any save that was using SOS. NetScriptFramework told me that the crash was happening inside SchlongsOfSkyrim.dll, so my first idea was to hide the dll. However, even after reenabling it, my schlongs settings were all messed up, so I tried to work around the problem altogether.

Where can I donwload this dll-free version? Is it compatible with 1.5.97 version of Skyrim SE?

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm a bit late to this party... but until tonight I wasn't having any crashes in the SoS dll.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:48 PM, Erstam said:

If you use the Female Pubics mod, please override its SOS_Config script with this version. It integrates the changes from the new SOS with the color editing feature.

Script Override for PapyrusUtil SOS and Female Pubics mod.7z 20.19 kB · 245 downloads

I currently have SoS installed in my SSE 1.5.97 game. Tonight, I began getting 100% repeatable CTD in SoS's dll according to NetScript Framework's crash logs.

I would like to transition to your dll-free version, but wonder how, exactly, I can do that- just leaving the buggy dll in place and overriding one script for another mod doesn't seem logical to me. Could someone please elaborate a bit on how to transition from old SoS to new SoS? Thanks.

PS: Hiding the dll and making a clean save without it, then unhiding it did not work. I still get CTD on save load.

Edited by Vyxenne
9 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

I think I'm a bit late to this party... but until tonight I wasn't having any crashes in the SoS dll.

I currently have SoS installed in my SSE 1.5.97 game. Tonight, I began getting 100% repeatable CTD in SoS's dll according to NetScript Framework's crash logs.

I would like to transition to your dll-free version, but wonder how, exactly, I can do that- just leaving the buggy dll in place and overriding one script for another mod doesn't seem logical to me. Could someone please elaborate a bit on how to transition from old SoS to new SoS? Thanks.

PS: Hiding the dll and making a clean save without it, then unhiding it did not work. I still get CTD on save load.

The CTD seems to occur when Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm changes its mod index in the load order. I've had this happen after I bought the full Creation Club package. It contains some ESMs which stick to the top of the load order and shift everything else down. New games are fine, it only happens with existing saves.

How did I solve it? IIRC, I first hid the dll, then loaded the save, went into SOS' MCM anc clicked on "Uninstall SOS". After that I saved again and did the usual cleaning steps,

6 hours ago, Erstam said:

I first hid the dll, then loaded the save, went into SOS' MCM anc clicked on "Uninstall SOS"

Thank you for your clarification. I can't load any save beyond a rather early one in my current playthrough. I get CTD on recent saves, so the part I colored in playful sunny yellow above doesn't happen for me, even after I hide the SoS dll. This means I can't access the Uninstall routines in the MCM since being in-game is a prereq to use any MCM.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 6:29 AM, DaddyDubstep13 said:

Dude honestly it's people like you that save the modding community.  I didn't realize how many people were running into the issues I was, which is kinda funny because there is literally ZERO documentation of how to fix it lol. I'm using your DLL less SOS right now and It's working like damn charm. This fix is for those who for whatever can't or wont update to your DLL, but I HIGHLY recommend that everyone download the file from Erstam.

Now... if you could fix Creature Framework to ACTUALLY properly equip schlongs that would be wonderful XD

I know this is quite an old post but if you guys don't mind where can I find this dll-less SoS? Been searching for hours and I still can't find it + I'm dumb

10 hours ago, Erstam said:

Here:

Admittedly, it's hard to find.

Goddammit I've been looking at this thread for hours how am I that stupid to not realize ffs. Sorry for bothering you man and thanks a lot bro you the real g I appreciate it!!!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I had that bug since forever. My workaround was to disable the SOS DLL, start the Game, save and then re-enable the DLL. Its like the FormIDs are hardcoded into SOS at the first inilization and if you change loadorder (especially ESLs) it gets fucked.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 11:55 AM, Andarus said:

I had that bug since forever. My workaround was to disable the SOS DLL, start the Game, save and then re-enable the DLL. Its like the FormIDs are hardcoded into SOS at the first inilization and if you change loadorder (especially ESLs) it gets fucked.

same