Simultaneous PE and SMP - but how?

Hey y'all,

I thought I could do this by myself, but im totally not equipped to deal with this. In short: I wanted to use HDT-PE for everything except the naked body and SMP-clothing.

So I consulted some guides (everyone of them in fact) and thought it would be simple: just install BHUNP, build the BHUNP 3BBB Advanced Version 2 Body and collision meshes.

At this point the nude body had no physics, except when using the hotkey from the BHUNP.esp, which is as intended by the author i think.

To make SMP work always without needing to toggle it, I thought I just had to edit the .XMLs, as in adding BaseShape to the defaultBBPs.xml, but obviously this didn't work.

If at this point you have an easy answer how to get SMP and PE working, I would be very happy to hear it. In any case, here is what I did in detail, if you think you can help me fix/understand this (i originally wanted to learn this by doing it... but well..)

Spoiler

0. Installed SMP and PE manually. Forgot this, but I have a full running skyrim setup with SKSE and """everything""".

1. Installed BHUNP LE without the npc-head

2. Built the meshes as pointed out above

3. Installed "smp-path" from here i dont know which guide this is from anymore tbh..

4. I overwrote the memory patch dll and ini with these, as pointed out here.

5. Added "BaseShape" into the defaultBBPs.xml linked to cbbe-hdt-vag-collisionsoff.xml from the last link above (i use UUNP - UNPB preset with BHUNP, but i figured its fine with the xml)

<default-bbps>
	<map shape="cOJzZBaseShape" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\cOJzZcbbe-tbbp.xml"/>
	<map shape="BaseShape" file="SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\cbbe-hdt-vag-collisionsoff.xml"/>
</default-bbps>

(this is all in a virtual MO folder)

6. removed the Butt bones from the hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml (originally packed with BHUNP) with JFF

7. Disabled the BHUNP3BBB.esp

(I think this was everything I did)Now Ive got : normal HDT-PE physics (I think?) with my hdt-pe armors, but none with the naked body EXCEPT Buttock physics (which look like a saloon door. This must come from the Naturalistic HDT's memory patch and ini, since i masked everything else from that).

So this works:

-Normal HDT clothing, BUT without Buttocks (probably because of my hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml edit)

-SMP clothing with cloth physics, e.g. a mantle, BUT without breast physics.*

With the naked body, nothing works.

I have no Idea what happened, or why. Srsly.

*I really dont get that. I tought the paths were embedded in the SMP clothing, so it does not make sense that only one part works (the mantle) and the other parts not, am I right?

I fundamentally dont understand some things about the paths and which dll calls which xml and how this chain works, but i dont see any easy tutorials, and besides python I am an innocent child regarding informatics.

I know there are probably thousands of these threads, and I know I once had a pure smp setup by this tutorial, I think from Baka, which was a thread here once, but I am confused as hell rn.

Is the answer maybe just installing SMP and PE normally, using just the Body from Baka (without any havoc paths in the .nif) and deleting hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml, the last thing pointed out here?

Edited by Alienated00
clearing up some things