Asking for help with "dark face" bug on custom added NPCs

So I've been looking around for help on how to resolve the "dark face" issue that can sometimes occur when 2 mods fight over editing an asset of a vanilla NPC, but I've recently realized that the issue I'm facing is occurring with a totally new NPC added into the game by a a mod, and a mod that overwrites the vanilla hairstyles.

The two mods are Shiva's Vanilla Hair Replacer https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7922?tab=description

and

Slave Girls by hydragorgon https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/9414-slave-girls-by-hydragorgon-se/

I've narrowed it down to know that it is an issue between these two, because if I deactivate Shivas hair replacer, the issue stops. Most help that I've been able to find seems to be geared toward resolving conflicts between two mods that edit existing NPC's but, I've not been able to find a solution to resolving the "dark face" issue with custom added npcs.

It also is ONLY npcs that have hairstyles edited by that mod, other custom npcs from Slave Girls are fine. I've seen tutorial videos on how to use SSEEdit to just copy and paste the assets files from one mod to another so that they don't fight over the edit, but when I load both these mods in SSEEdit, it shows no conflicts, so I'm sort of at a loss on what to do here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!