[mod] 1.3 I Feel Dirty

UPDATE 2021-12-07: v0.1.6 This mod was built around RJW 4.8.x and the 4.9 update seems to have broken a few things. I'm working on it.

UPDATE 2021-11-28: v0.1.6 Removed the dependency on HugsLib. Let me know if this fixes the problems with Sexperience and Menstruation some users have experienced; I have not been able to recreate this behavior in my build so I don't know exactly what was causing it. I am currently running this mod along with Rimnude, OTY, Sexperience, and Menstruation. The only minor issue I have seen is that the rendering of removing/replacing clothing when bathing can sometimes glitch briefly. This happens with Dub's Bad Hygiene regardless of whether this mod is active, so I believe it is an interaction between RimNude and DBH.

UPDATE 2021-11-23: Looks like fixing the bug will require a more or less complete rewrite.

UPDATE 2021-11-22: There is a bug in one of the patches that interferes with sex need, and causes problems for Sexperience Mod and Menstruation Mod. I'm working on it.

UPDATE 2021-11-16: Removed Psychology dependencies, and fixed the bug with wash buckets and natural water sources.

UPDATE 2021-11-15: Project now lives at https://gitgud.io/LethalMice/ifeeldirty (I'm new to managing projects with git, so please let me know if something is configured wrong or inaccessible)

NOTE: The file hosted here will be updated when I make significant changes. If you want the latest unstable version, download it from the git project. Feel free to make feature requests here or DM me, and I'll do my best to work things in.

This mod is very much a WIP, but it seems to be stable enough to put it out for testing. In it's current state it offers:

• Integration with Dub's Bad Hygiene so that bukkake can be washed off.
  • Sex has an impact on hygiene, especially in dirty conditions.
  • Unprotected vaginal and anal sex results in creampies that will drip out later onto body parts and floors.
  • Sex with undesirable partners can cause feelings of disgust and sometimes trigger compulsive bathing.

I'm currently working on:

• Updating this mod to work with RJW 4.9+
  • Building menus and setting options to adjust how dirty pawns get from sex, how frequently bukkake drips on the ground, etc.
  • Integrating this mod with Menstruation so that I Feel Dirty uses the thoughts, hediffs, and behavior provided by Menstruation whenever possible.
  • Tracking down the drawing bug that causes pawns to remain naked after bathing even though they are wearing clothes.

Potential conflicts (I've not encountered any, but let me know):

• This mod removes the genitals and anus from the torso for calculating apparel coverage. There are plans to change this in the future, and as a stopgap I will add a way to disable this function in the mod settings.
  • May not work correctly with mods that add new hygiene sources for Dub's Bad Hygiene

There is a ToDo list of over fifty items just to iron out all the issues I know about, and I would greatly appreciate any bug reports or conflicts anyone runs into. Once I have the current version stable, the goal is to turn this into a more fully fledged system for handling both physical and emotional hygiene. Some goals include:

• Give pawns sexual preferences or aversions for specific sex acts or locations. Some pawns do not want it in a box; they do not want it with a fox.
  • Build additional AI to allow pawns to persuade, seduce, and coerce others to satisfy their own desires. Or maybe just slip something in their drink.
  • Add bidets, drugs, and other items to help keep your whores squeaky clean in mind and body.
  • Incorporate Ideology to help pawns deal with feelings of lust, shame, and guilt over what they did with that Exotic Goods Merchant.

ifeeldirty_0_1_6.7z

Edited by LethalMice
10 hours ago, armand12 said:

Looking forward to the full release.  Sadly only have time for one game right now so can't test for ya.  If you're taking suggestions, making genital features matter would be greatly appreciated.  Right now things like knotted & ridged seem to only be flavor text.

I'm definitely taking suggestions. Matter in what way (in terms of specific game mechanics)?

10 hours ago, heachang said:

i have conflict with sexperience and Mensturctioanl. i don't know more conflict with RJW. but at least.
How dose it happen i don't know, but this mod somewhat block the sex counting.
So, all Result of sex disappeared i think

Thanks, I'll look into that. Do you know if it happens for all types of sex, and with or without condoms?

Not sure if it's this mod, Dubs Bad Hygenie or RJW-master, but the sex need for pawns doesn't fill up regardless of what sexual activity they do unless it's fingering/masturbation.

Is this a known issue?

Nvm it's this mod, the need fills up if this mod isn't activated.

Edited by projectnub
16 hours ago, LethalMice said:

Thanks, I'll look into that. Do you know if it happens for all types of sex, and with or without condoms?

I just tested on hero mode of rim with sex. Maybe 'rape' and 'animal-animal' is properly working i think. but not unsure cus of i found out 2 mod error with sexperience in this time. and forget the test with this mod working or not.
and, i didn't test with condoms

12 hours ago, projectnub said:

Not sure if it's this mod, Dubs Bad Hygenie or RJW-master, but the sex need for pawns doesn't fill up regardless of what sexual activity they do unless it's fingering/masturbation.

Is this a known issue?

Nvm it's this mod, the need fills up if this mod isn't activated.

Yeah, one of the patches is failing quietly without throwing errors in the logger. I think I know where the problem is but I have to reorganize a bunch of things to fix it so it may take a few days. I'll post an update as soon as I get it fixed.

sooo...if you're already re-writing the mod, may i suggest trying to avoid shufling around body parts of a master file?

since a LOT of mods depend on the body parts as defined by RJW, i'm gonna predict that it's gonna cause a bunch of issues if you start messing with those.

i honestly haven't looked at the mod files, but that strikes me as a pretty likely source of avoidable headaches...

in particular, you might want to check with the OTY/rimnude mods, those have clothing specific stuff to them and they're pretty popular!

anyways, looking forward to seeing what the mod turns into! it's a very welcome addition in principle! cheers!

Edited by ThePlanless
typos
20 hours ago, ThePlanless said:

sooo...if you're already re-writing the mod, may i suggest trying to avoid shufling around body parts of a master file?

since a LOT of mods depend on the body parts as defined by RJW, i'm gonna predict that it's gonna cause a bunch of issues if you start messing with those.

i honestly haven't looked at the mod files, but that strikes me as a pretty likely source of avoidable headaches...

in particular, you might want to check with the OTY/rimnude mods, those have clothing specific stuff to them and they're pretty popular!

anyways, looking forward to seeing what the mod turns into! it's a very welcome addition in principle! cheers!

Yeah, I wasn't happy about that solution either. The problem is that as RJW is written, pants, skirts, and such don't cover genitals. I checked it with couple of different body & clothing mods and didn't see any issues, but it is definitely a concern. Given the way body part groups are defined and parented, I'm not sure if it is possible to redefine coverage on an item by item basis to say, for example, that T-shirts cover the torso but not the genitals (which are part of the torso according to RJW). If I try to just add the genitals to the coverage groups for pants/skirts it causes major conflicts when determining clothing layering.

Given the features Ideology adds about clothing restrictions and propriety, it seems problematic to have an ideology that requires pawns to cover their genitals, and everyone is happily running around in nothing but halter tops and thigh high stockings (torso and legs covered). The amount of changes necessary to fix the logic here without touching the body part arrangement are likely to create even more conflicts. I'm definitely open to ideas for handling this situation in a way that doesn't require reordering body parts though. I had thought about adding some sort tag to each clothing item, but then you have the issue of clothing items being described as "Covers: torso, genitals" when it may not be true. For example, a halter top  and a 1-piece bathing suit should be treated differently, but since they both cover the torso, they both cover the genitals under RJW. If I add a tag to handle the fact that the halter top doesn't actually cover the genitals for determining propriety, the item description will be inaccurate.

For this mod in its current form, the clothing coverage is used for determining the chance of a cum hediff on a specific body part dripping on the ground. It doesn't 100% need to be in there, but it's nice to have, and it will be necessary for some planned features. I'll probably leave it in for now to see if it actually does cause issues, but I'll make sure it can be disabled or completely removed without breaking the rest of the mod.

On 11/24/2021 at 3:30 PM, LethalMice said:

Yeah, I wasn't happy about that solution either. The problem is that as RJW is written, pants, skirts, and such don't cover genitals. I checked it with couple of different body & clothing mods and didn't see any issues, but it is definitely a concern. Given the way body part groups are defined and parented, I'm not sure if it is possible to redefine coverage on an item by item basis to say, for example, that T-shirts cover the torso but not the genitals (which are part of the torso according to RJW). If I try to just add the genitals to the coverage groups for pants/skirts it causes major conflicts when determining clothing layering.

Given the features Ideology adds about clothing restrictions and propriety, it seems problematic to have an ideology that requires pawns to cover their genitals, and everyone is happily running around in nothing but halter tops and thigh high stockings (torso and legs covered). The amount of changes necessary to fix the logic here without touching the body part arrangement are likely to create even more conflicts. I'm definitely open to ideas for handling this situation in a way that doesn't require reordering body parts though. I had thought about adding some sort tag to each clothing item, but then you have the issue of clothing items being described as "Covers: torso, genitals" when it may not be true. For example, a halter top  and a 1-piece bathing suit should be treated differently, but since they both cover the torso, they both cover the genitals under RJW. If I add a tag to handle the fact that the halter top doesn't actually cover the genitals for determining propriety, the item description will be inaccurate.

For this mod in its current form, the clothing coverage is used for determining the chance of a cum hediff on a specific body part dripping on the ground. It doesn't 100% need to be in there, but it's nice to have, and it will be necessary for some planned features. I'll probably leave it in for now to see if it actually does cause issues, but I'll make sure it can be disabled or completely removed without breaking the rest of the mod.

i have one idea that would preserve body parts, but i have no idea if you'll like it: tagging the clothing instead.

so you'd add a "covers genitals", "covers breasts", etc. tag on pants, t-shirts, etc.

that way, i think you could check for genitals via RJW, and have an independent check for coverage. no need to rearrange anything.

this has a couple advantages:

1. it's very flexible
  2. it's easily expandable, even by other modders, if you provide an api
  3. it shouldn't cause any hard incompatibilites
  4. it should be relatively future-proof

unless you can automate it, or recruite a couple of people on the discord, it's probably too much work...although it's mostly a big up-front investment of work for the vanilla clothes, anything else can be patched in by other folks.

2 hours ago, ThePlanless said:

i have one idea that would preserve body parts, but i have no idea if you'll like it: tagging the clothing instead.

so you'd add a "covers genitals", "covers breasts", etc. tag on pants, t-shirts, etc.

that way, i think you could check for genitals via RJW, and have an independent check for coverage. no need to rearrange anything.

this has a couple advantages:

1. it's very flexible
  2. it's easily expandable, even by other modders, if you provide an api
  3. it shouldn't cause any hard incompatibilites
  4. it should be relatively future-proof

unless you can automate it, or recruite a couple of people on the discord, it's probably too much work...although it's mostly a big up-front investment of work for the vanilla clothes, anything else can be patched in by other folks.

That was more or less my initial thought, but having two different systems for calculating coverage running at the same time (three if you count the drawing methods related to rendering clothing layers correctly) seemed like more of a potential minefield for future modders. What I may be able to do is simply hide genitals in the inventory description screen (for the sake of preventing confusion) and try to build a tagging scheme based on propriety rather than coverage. It could be broken down by regions (Head, Face, Chest, Arms, Pelvis, Groin, Legs). Each region would get a rating (Lewd, Bare, Suggestive, Average, Chaste), where Lewd is reserved for things like bondage gear and butt plugs that would probably not be acceptable even at the typical nude beach.

Some Examples:

• Ankle length skirt: Pelvis.Chaste, Groin.Bare, Legs.Chaste
  • Miniskirt: Pelvis.Average, Groin.Bare, Legs.Bare
  • Shorts: Pelvis.Average, Groin.Average, Legs.Suggestive
  • Pants: Pelvis.Average, Groin.Average, Legs.Average
  • Bib Overalls: Chest.Suggestive, Pelvis.Chaste, Groin.Chaste, Legs.Chaste

The ratings are judgement calls based on the amount of coverage and the typical thickness of the type of clothing. Heavy outerwear like jackets will typically be Chaste unless they don't cover enough (as in the case of the bib overalls). In calculating propriety, you could just look at the highest rating from any piece of clothing for a particular region. This would also allow you to handle most cases of cultural clothing restrictions based on sex. Take Renaissance Italy for example: women were required to wear skirts, but not pants; this could be handled by requiring women to have at least Average coverage of the Pelvis and Legs, and at most Bare coverage of the Groin. Men from the same culture wore hose and codpieces, which would be at least Suggestive coverage of the Pelvis and Legs, and Chaste coverage of the Groin.

I'll have to give some thought to the tagging structure, but I think I can make that work. Let me know if you can think of any scenarios where this sort of schema would create really weird results.

11 hours ago, NorthTA said:

This mod breaks mood bufs from sex and debafs from rape, it totaly lost. A testing it with clear game without any mods exept harmony, hugslib, dub higiene, rjw.

I'll need to see the debug log for that one. It should be in AppData/LocalLow/LudeonStudios/Rimworld/player.log  You can DM me the contents and I'll see if I can figure it out. Nothing in my code touches those buffs directly, so something must be causing the sex job to fail before it finishes. Be sure to turn on "Debug Log" in the I Feel Dirty mod options, and exit the game right after pawns finish sex so that's the last thing recorded in the log.

First of all, I like the idea of this mod and thanks for your work!

Dude with the bug report before was probably alluding to the fact that the mod doesn't seem to be compatible with the current RJW version 4.9+ that released recently. Don't have any logs but I can loosely confirm it. IIRC animations bricked and some other errors occurred. 4.9 apparently changed some fundamental stuff and all mods that use C# need updating to be compatible with it.

Edited by some_anon
10 hours ago, some_anon said:

First of all, I like the idea of this mod and thanks for your work!

Dude with the bug report before was probably alluding to the fact that the mod doesn't seem to be compatible with the current RJW version 4.9+ that released recently. Don't have any logs but I can loosely confirm it. IIRC animations bricked and some other errors occurred. 4.9 apparently changed some fundamental stuff and all mods that use C# need updating to be compatible with it.

Thanks for the info. I'll list the mod versions I'm using in the top post to help avoid confusion. I don't always catch when mods get updated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

As you might have guessed from my lack of activity, I hit some major snags trying to get this working with RJW 4.9, the release of RW 1.3 and the shifting mod environment that came with all that. I was waiting for things to stabilize and I kinda forgot about this mod. I may get back to it at some point, but for now it's on hiatus.

On 10/28/2022 at 4:32 PM, LethalMice said:

As you might have guessed from my lack of activity, I hit some major snags trying to get this working with RJW 4.9, the release of RW 1.3 and the shifting mod environment that came with all that. I was waiting for things to stabilize and I kinda forgot about this mod. I may get back to it at some point, but for now it's on hiatus.

Cool.  I guess at least RJW is on 5 now, but that is as likely to complicate things as it is to simplify...

Thanks for poking me, I'll give this another shot. It doesn't look like 1.4/RJW 5 made my job any harder, and there's at least a handful of changes that actually simplify things. It'll take me a bit to bring myself back up to speed, but I'll start reading through all my notes and code and try to remember exactly what I was working on.