When it stopped working last year, I had to reinstall AAF to get it to work, but this time I updated it for the first time in a while, and when I started it, it stopped working at 68%.
I've installed AAF and other basic requirements, but I don't know what I'm missing or not doing.
I'm not an English-speaking person, so it was difficult to decipher the troubleshooting and forum solutions.

This problem is so common that I am embarrassed to ask, but please do.

20211020220028_1.jpg

This might be not of any help, but check if you mods are up2date.

Refer to this guide to see if you have mods installed that are causing problems.

And secondly, if you load AFF, have it near the bottom of the mod load order.

The guide above is a good help to avoid some pitfalls in how to install mods.

I dunno what the error is that you have though, but i had in the beginning problem with AFF as well. Until i move it to the bottom of the mod load order.

You can also check, if you haven't done so already, in your documents folder under Fallout 4 and check the log files.

Hope this helps.

Perhaps someone else has better tips than mine.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply.
I changed my order in LOOT but it didn't change. I wanted to at least check the log as well, but I couldn't find the location. I'm sorry for my ignorance too.

That manual, which was ready before I knew it, is very good. Once this problem is solved and I finish the story, I'd like to change to VORTEX or MO2 and add some mods. I haven't installed any new mods because the ones I'm using fail to install in NMM.
I wish I knew what I was missing or not able to do...

スクリーンショット (140).png

You do not need loot actually.

I hope someone else can help, because my knowledge is limited.

The only other thing i can think off is some XML is corrupt. 

For speedy reply you can use the discord app to connect to loverslab. 

Sorry that it did not work.

On 10/20/2021 at 11:59 AM, wutpickel said:

And secondly, if you load AFF, have it near the bottom of the mod load order.

*If using MO2.

If using Vortex, it doesn't exactly matter.

On 10/20/2021 at 7:13 PM, jumppad said:

Thanks for the reply.
I changed my order in LOOT but it didn't change. I wanted to at least check the log as well, but I couldn't find the location. I'm sorry for my ignorance too.

That manual, which was ready before I knew it, is very good. Once this problem is solved and I finish the story, I'd like to change to VORTEX or MO2 and add some mods. I haven't installed any new mods because the ones I'm using fail to install in NMM.
I wish I knew what I was missing or not able to do...

Plugin order doesn't matter as long as 1º ESM, 2º ESL, 3º ESP

Hop on over Discord if you really want some help. Troubleshooting for days in a forum isn't exactly efficient.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, gamer cat said:

Thing is, i've done literally every step you all are suggesting, and yet it still stuck at 68

Make sure to follow the guide below carefully 1 at a time add mods.  You can test AAF in the pre-war bathroom.  I would suggest using a fresh profile if you run Mod Organizer and just set up exactly like this with only what you need to run AAF.  Forget adding anything else, no armor mods, no weapons, no textures, just AAF and Buffout and the animations, in the exact load order.  Once you get a feel for setting up AAF and can test it in game, then you can go about incorporating it into your main load order.  Double check that you aren't mixing things like fourplay or any other mod or patch that is specified as not being compatible. 

Edited by Marg597
  • 2 months later...

Mine just went belly up in the middle of a game and reading over all the different posts and comments, sounds like it's just basically a random headache in waiting.  Funny, mine has been stable for over a year with all animation packs until now. I'll probably just disable everything and keep playing if the next game load shows no improvement or it resolves. 

2 hours ago, kdoggg1971 said:

Mine just went belly up in the middle of a game and reading over all the different posts and comments, sounds like it's just basically a random headache in waiting.  Funny, mine has been stable for over a year with all animation packs until now. I'll probably just disable everything and keep playing if the next game load shows no improvement or it resolves. 

OR you could go to the AAF Discord server and see if your issue can get resolved.  I don't recommend disabling or removing mods mid-playthrough, you do that and you could have even more problems on your hands.  AAF typically doesn't just "stop working" in the middle of a save.  The vast majority of the posts you are seeing are from folks that have not followed the guide properly.

1 hour ago, Marg597 said:

OR you could go to the AAF Discord server and see if your issue can get resolved.  I don't recommend disabling or removing mods mid-playthrough, you do that and you could have even more problems on your hands.  AAF typically doesn't just "stop working" in the middle of a save.  The vast majority of the posts you are seeing are from folks that have not followed the guide properly.

I've had mods over the years on Skyrim and across Fallout games to just stop working, so it is possible because nothing is infallible. When I haven't changed my LO recently and I get the stuck at 68%, that is a case of "just stopped working". 

I've also disabled mods on many occasions and never had an issue eventually uninstalling them because I waited several saves and play periods to uninstall. It's the outright uninstall that causes the issues.

As for going to Discord for an answer, I don't need more people with the "You did this", "You did that" and "That isn't possible" that I generally get as a reply. I've checked numerous pages addressing the issue, tried suggestions to fix it, didn't have any luck, decided I'm not continuing with [AAF 68%] on the screen and I'm not starting over either. 

I appreciate the suggestions, so don't think I'm being dismissive. I was just hoping other fixes may pop up and a comment is the easiest way to get notifications.

53 minutes ago, kdoggg1971 said:

I've had mods over the years on Skyrim and across Fallout games to just stop working, so it is possible because nothing is infallible. When I haven't changed my LO recently and I get the stuck at 68%, that is a case of "just stopped working". 

I've also disabled mods on many occasions and never had an issue eventually uninstalling them because I waited several saves and play periods to uninstall. It's the outright uninstall that causes the issues.

As for going to Discord for an answer, I don't need more people with the "You did this", "You did that" and "That isn't possible" that I generally get as a reply. I've checked numerous pages addressing the issue, tried suggestions to fix it, didn't have any luck, decided I'm not continuing with [AAF 68%] on the screen and I'm not starting over either. 

I appreciate the suggestions, so don't think I'm being dismissive. I was just hoping other fixes may pop up and a comment is the easiest way to get notifications.

The 68% issue happens for a reason, it is not a case of the AAF mod failing randomly.  Normally it's due to the wrong patch being installed, wrong version of animation mod, or UAP not loading last.  It could well be that something got bumped somewhere in the mod manager.  I've seen this error solved many times even mid play through.  I'm sure you've already followed the Up-To-Date Adult Oriented Setup Guide, but if by chance you have not, it has a list of mods to avoid using as well as the proper load order in case you decide to revisit the problem on your own.  Make sure you've got AAF updated from Modingham, all the links in the guide are current.

It sounds like you've had negative interactions in the past with getting help for things, if that's the case it is unfortunate.  It is of course your choice as to whether you want to continue using AAF and other adult mods that rely on it.  My experience so far with being on the AAF discord is that it seems very rare for a problem not to get solved as long as the person with the problem is willing to work with the people troubleshooting.  Perhaps you'll get it sorted out at some point, and I wish you luck with whatever you decide to do.

Cheers

Edited by Marg597
  • 2 weeks later...

I have totally uninstalled all AAF components and I used "stopquest aaf_mainquest", but I still have [AAF 44%] on the monitor. I did have 68%, but I tried an earlier version of AAF and it changed. I tried saving the game and reloading, but nothing changed. I tried returning to 166.0b and it stayed at 44%. So now, I loaded a save at the beginning of the game, with nothing of AAF loaded and it still says 44%. Is there a way to eliminate that?

5 hours ago, dwharper34 said:

I have totally uninstalled all AAF components and I used "stopquest aaf_mainquest", but I still have [AAF 44%] on the monitor. I did have 68%, but I tried an earlier version of AAF and it changed. I tried saving the game and reloading, but nothing changed. I tried returning to 166.0b and it stayed at 44%. So now, I loaded a save at the beginning of the game, with nothing of AAF loaded and it still says 44%. Is there a way to eliminate that?

Make sure you are using Vortex or Mod Organizer 2, because Nexus Mod Manager has issues and is not recommended.  You have to be able to sort things properly according to the Up-To-Date Adult Oriented Guide.  If you are already on Vortex or Mod Organizer, you can visit the AAF Discord for better support with this issue.  The link is in the guide.  :)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 10:39 AM, Sgt. Marge said:

OR you could go to the AAF Discord server 

I would very very VERY much rather not do this, especially since, from what I've read on LL and Moddingham, that discord is notoriously difficult to get fully signed into in order to be able to post. It would be very lovely if the people responsible for AAF and UAP would actually keep posting on the forums where their mods are hosted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 10:14 PM, serban1703 said:

I would very very VERY much rather not do this, especially since, from what I've read on LL and Moddingham, that discord is notoriously difficult to get fully signed into in order to be able to post. It would be very lovely if the people responsible for AAF and UAP would actually keep posting on the forums where their mods are hosted.

The AAF discord is no harder to use than any other discord.  You read the rules when you get there and react accordingly.  I haven't heard anything about it being difficult to join or post to that discord server, so it doesn't sound very notorious at all to me.  Especially considering that Moddingham was started by the same people that own the AAF Discord.  Trying to help with these intricate problems on web forums becomes quite tiresome, and with discord we have bots to automate commands and centralize the support.  I find it much easier to help people there. 

But if you don't want to go there that's entirely up to you.  I wish you well.

• 1 year later...