Trouble with Custom Armor [Bodyslide] -> [SSE]

im sure the answer is probably an obvious missed step or something but I cant help but feel I've missed it somewhere along the way...

im making a custom set of armor and one of the pieces is a piece of headgear. the world model is fine and the model when the player equips it is fine up until the part where it appears beneath the players feet, im not sure if that's a problem with it not having bone weights or not - I assume I need to shift it up higher or I didn't have a box checked im not really sure.

20 hours ago, VersuchDrei said:

Does sound like a bone weight issue. But we can only say for sure if you give us the mesh file to inspect.

i guess the if its a problem with bone weights that begs the question (at least in bodyslide which i assume is sufficient) why are there no bone weights for the head? more so how can i properly align a helmet.

in theory i could brute force it by manually setting its position but im willing to bet there is a better way than that.  

Edited by P0188

Alright so i figured one thing out... i was using the wrong model to base my circlet off of (the world model - whoops!), this resulted in it having no head bone and no subsequent bone weights as well as it being positioned incorrectly.

however i have noticed an issue, the circlet im using im trying to add pieces to (im making a crown of sorts) do not appear ingame. (the world model displays correctly) the circlet appears correctly but the pieces added dont appear at all.

i duplicated the armor addon of the circlet i wanted to use as a foundation and slapped my NIF ontop of that, i then duplicated the corresponding "Armor" and pointed it to my Armor addon as well as changing the world model yet it still displays the circlet it was duplicated from and nothing more.

Edit: ive added bone weights to the objects in Bodyslide but they dont seem to save properly? when i load the outfit back in to check the bone weights they're gone. 

Edited by P0188