How to fix static breasts/balls for AAF animations

If you noticed, sometimes the balls/breasts don't move at all during animations. That's most likely because bones with CBP string cant be animated and have physics working at same time.
Here i gonna show you how to turn that around, but just to remind if you do the following, the physics for breast/ball wont work outside of AAF/during normal gameplay.

First you gonna need nifskope installed, if you dont have it yet, you can get it here: https://github.com/niftools/nifskope/releases/download/v2.0.dev7/NifSkope_2_0_2018-02-22-x64.7z
All you gotta do is extract it anywhere you want

Then you gonna need to open the body you want to fix the breast/balls for. In this case i gonna fix the balls for Atomic Muscle (Atomic muscle don't need that to be done as i already removed them for public files, its just an example). Since im using mo2, i can right click on the Atomic Muscle mod in my mod list and select open in explorer. Vortex should have similar function: right click on the body name folder and go to open in explorer.

With the mod folder opened, you gonna browse through: Meshes/actors/character/character assets/malebody.nif (if its balls) or femalebody.nif (if its female). Then you gonna right click on it and select open with... and look up for the nifskope.exe we installed earlier

With nifskope opened for the body you should get something like this:
image.png.a95a2dd593f332031c351782e16883e6.png

1. go to the header tab
2. expand the Strings section and roll down until you find Penis_Balls_CBP_01 for males or Breast_CBP_L_00/Breast_CBP_R_00 (and Breast_CBP_L_01/Breast_CBP_R_01 and so on)

image.png.e62d5a36ea44c9b54bd2d931ea0125b6.png

Left click on the string line and press f2 on your keyboard to rename it to (always removing the CBP part from the naming) Penis_Balls_01 or Breast_L_00 and so on

image.png.db1850ae6d43953a2585bf54bf0dff54.png

image.png.8da5d3759808bc6aa03098f0344a291d.png

Then you can just go to File>Save or hit Ctrl+S to save the file

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Hardsger said:

Thanks for this indepth clarification ?

But, if i'm not mistaken, AAF could load a different body compared to the one the player or npc is using. Kinda like unique player and follower mods, but with two "unique-body.nif" files.

yeah, thats possible too. The only problem is when you want to include clothes for AAF animations so you may need to make two version for each as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Sort of newbie question regarding whether this solution applies to my situation.  When I discovered the mass exodus of some excellent mod authors and their mods from Nexus due to their recent policy changes, I went through the list of mods no longer on Nexus and despite having no real issues with the current versions I elected to re-source the mods from wherever the mod authors decided to host them.  While this does complicate tracking changes. fixes, and updates, as a retired software engineer I respect the choices made by the authors and the reasons they've made these changes and may not renew my premium membership at Nexus if I find many more authors bailing from Nexus.
But my immediate problem, and why I'm posting here, is that I think I have the problem you're describing.  I have CBP physics for F4 in my mod list.  Until I reloaded the various animation packs and Zaz Extended skeleton my game and its AAF animations had been pretty flawless.  But now, although normal walking animation outside of AAF by female NPCs has the usual jiggle factor behavior nude or clothed, any AAF animations seem to lock the position of the nipples at the beginning of the animation from which they do not change during any position changes during the animation making for some hilarious visions of the distortion of the female anatomy.  Is that the kind of problem you're talking about here that may be solved by altering the string labels you identify to remove the CBP references in nifskope?  Or is what I describe a different issue than what you're addressing here?

UPDATE:  So realizing no one may see this for some time I went ahead and tried this fix - which had no effect.  So either there are other steps that I as a newbie didn't know needed to be taken or this is not my problem.  After editing FemaleBody.nif to remove only the _CBP portion of labels referring to breasts on four instances for both left and right sides the same effect was observed, as if the nipples were fixed in space at the start of an animation, but no other body parts were effected.  And normal walking behavior was observed outside of AAF.
Given that I re-installed a number of mods and ensured they were installed in what has been the normal order and enforcing the precedence of load order that was in effect before I made these changes, then does anyone else have this condition and could recommend a fix or further tests? 
I tried re-running bodyslide to build the morphs but that reverted all the label changes.  All other game features behave normally - only AAF animations are affected and for females only - whatever position the female body starts in when an AAF animation starts defined the initial nipple position and everything on the chest stretches to meet that position no matter how the female NPC moves.
I'm running UAP 2.6.43 with both AAF 161.1b and now 164.0 with both showing the same symptoms - and UAP loading last of the AAF animation modules.

Edited by ahahlberg