Request for help - how to add bodyslide to my meshes for armor mod?

Hello, community!

I'm making my own CBBE armor mod. It includes gloves, boots, shorts and top. I prepared meshes and textures. I exported everything to nif format. I made an esp, so I can dress up all pieces of this armor on my character in game. And the final part is to add bodyslide to my armor. I tried all advices and guides I found, but nothing works. What I'm doing wrong? What should I do step by step starting from export from 3D editor?

Thanks for your time.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: I make armor for Skyrim LE, not SE!

Edited by JoyJoyce
30 minutes ago, JoyJoyce said:

Hello, community!

I'm making my own CBBE armor mod. It includes gloves, boots, shorts and top. I prepared meshes and textures. I exported everything to nif format. I made an esp, so I can dress up all pieces of this armor on my character in game. And the final part is to add bodyslide to my armor. I tried all advices and guides I found, but nothing works. What I'm doing wrong? What should I do step by step starting from export from 3D editor?

Thanks for your time.

JUST TRYING TO HELP:

1st.   You said. add bodyslide to your armor , which I thinking you want to add sliders to the armor and weight for physic...... All of this is done in outfit studio which is also a part of bodyslide

There are many video on YouTube that cover this I would recommend you look for videos 'cbbe adding sliders to start.

For example like this one check out this author's other videos

Hope this help

7 minutes ago, jlttsmiley30 said:

JUST TRYING TO HELP:

1st.   You said. add bodyslide to your armor , which I thinking you want to add sliders to the armor and weight for physic...... All of this is done in outfit studio which is also a part of bodyslide

There are many video on YouTube that cover this I would recommend you look for videos 'cbbe adding sliders to start.

Hope this help

ADDING SLIDERS AND WEIGHTING

THIS YOUTUBER also makes custom armor for his character

Edited by jlttsmiley30
19 hours ago, jlttsmiley30 said:

JUST TRYING TO HELP:

Hope this help

I will try! Thanks!

• 6 months later...

short and dirty method (so you don't have to watch 3 hour videos for 10 minutes of info)

1 best advise model your stuff using the CBBE ZERO body

or

1alt pull the outfit into outfit studio transfer the weights from the body mesh to your clothing items create a new slider with the CBBE zero mesh as the 1 mesh tag each part hit conform selected and then export a copy of your outfit with the CBBE Zero slider active close OS and pull your outfit back in

2 delete the current body mesh and select File > load reference using the CBBE mesh

3 click the CBBE mesh and pick slider > set base shape

4 click each outfit part in turn and select Slider > Conform Selected

the big trick is to use the CBBE Zero mesh when building stuff you will use BS with

16 hours ago, Badwolflabs said:

short and dirty method (so you don't have to watch 3 hour videos for 10 minutes of info)

1 best advise model your stuff using the CBBE ZERO body

or

1alt pull the outfit into outfit studio transfer the weights from the body mesh to your clothing items create a new slider with the CBBE zero mesh as the 1 mesh tag each part hit conform selected and then export a copy of your outfit with the CBBE Zero slider active close OS and pull your outfit back in

2 delete the current body mesh and select File > load reference using the CBBE mesh

3 click the CBBE mesh and pick slider > set base shape

4 click each outfit part in turn and select Slider > Conform Selected

the big trick is to use the CBBE Zero mesh when building stuff you will use BS with

Thanks a lot)

Since my last post I completely rebuilt my mod for SE and almost complete it: meshes done, textures done, bodyslide done, Now I have some minor issues with boneweigths. I think I will release it soon.