"Undub Games"

Bashis

So within the last 6 months I've gotten a ps2 emulator up and working on my pc, and was looking into some games to play and such, one in particular i read up on it seems that whichever company did the official u.s. release messed up something in the game, that results in a game breaking bug that very well might make it impossible to even clear the game. The problem was created in the porting, and wasn't an issue in the original Japanese release.

My question here is that, theres an "undub" version of the game out, and i was wondering how those are usually made, do people generally take the Japanese locale and add in the u.s. text, or do they take the u.s. locale and add the Japanese voices?

The reason I'm wondering is because if they use the Japanese locale copy for undubs it would definitely be the one to download, because the game ruining bug wouldn't be present, but if they use the u.s. release ill have to save state like a motherfucker near the end. so if anyone knows generally how they go about making the undub copy's it would be a great help.

Archived