Kena: Bridge of Spirits

1 minute ago, Younout said:

You being so rude made me look for a 3rd time and I was right there is no button to emote. However it's in the menu in settings --> Basic --> Pose.

so you're saying me being rude made you put some effort and find the results that you wanted? I'm glad.

On 11/7/2022 at 10:41 PM, notrustk said:

I am only porting someone else's 3D model to the game, I will not put any of this behind a paywall.

I am not a 3D artist, but I was planning on, well adding the arms back to the other outfits, then doing some mesh deletions to make outfits with more *skin*, which is gonna suck cuz smutbase kena has a huge ass. I'll try to encompass the requests, but custom lingerie and transparency is way outa my capability. Hmm yall really like boots.

I will most likely put the outfits on nexus eventually, but nothing nsfw because they're strict (which sux because I like doing tiny updates).  I mean, I have no issue if it ended up there, I just don't want my name all over it.

Version 3 fixes wrist/fingers and unsqueezes boobs, a little.

NudeKenaMainOutfitV3.zip 26.3 MB · 3,029 downloads HideCharmHolderV1.zip 929 B · 1,262 downloads

What settings/projectname/etc are you using in unreal?

Been trying to get a mod to work today but it seems to simply not have any effect.

Kena as the UE4 project name, version 4.27.2
"Kena\Content\Mochi\Characters\Kena\Cosmetics\MainOutfit" is my folder structure I'm using for u4pak, using the mesh updater for it as well

Doesn't seem like the files are being loaded at all, though yours are

Process is:
Importing files to unreal
Setting the folders correctly
Packaging for windows
Going to the models
Running them through the KenaMeshTool
Copying the folders to u4pak, packing it there

Edited by HongChina

@HongChina This link has some pictures of my layout

My Project name is "Kena", I believe the KenaMeshTool is not necessary in version 2.0.0+ of the game, I am unfamiliar with u4 pak (I will try it here in a sec), all your settings look right, but maybe the mods name is missing from the folder structure.

@HongChina

"Can you take pictures of your layouts/file-structure in UEeditor and modding folder so I can cross reference, or alternatively u can give me your source files0 and I can try to cook/pack it?"

"Just tested this, but my mods straight up don't work without the "_P" on the end of their name i.e. "NudeKenaMainV3_P.pak" "

Is this what you were talking about with a "poly explosion"?@notrustk

I've checked in blender and the weights seem to all be good for the armature (Ignore the lack of materials, that's intentional to make it look less awful)

It seems as if there's some scaling issue, everything seems inflated but actually animates properly besides

image.png.a28843c84b83f2ac0b76807274b29e5d.png

39 minutes ago, HongChina said:

Is this what you were talking about with a "poly explosion"?@notrustk

I've checked in blender and the weights seem to all be good for the armature (Ignore the lack of materials, that's intentional to make it look less awful)

It seems as if there's some scaling issue, everything seems inflated but actually animates properly besides

image.png.a28843c84b83f2ac0b76807274b29e5d.png

Ya, that was a really depressing sight to see when I first started modding as I was matching the scale to other ue4 games.

All you need to do is make everything 4 times smaller than you think it needs to be, you can just extract someone else's mod to quickly find out the right scale to bypass the odd animation scale thing.

And the poly explosion I was having was another thing, I was working with a model from a new version of blender, but using old 2.8 for psk plugin, the weights were fucked and auto weight decided to give all the vertex groups different names, so... poly explosion.

Edited by notrustk

Great work here! All outfits are nude as stated (except Woodsmith & Forgehand). Might take a look at those. Thank you so much for keeping this game's mods alive.

UPDATE: Found your corrected file above. Thank you so much. Now all outfits are flawlessly nude. Amazing work!!

Edited by greedo75
10 hours ago, notrustk said:

Ya, that was a really depressing sight to see when I first started modding as I was matching the scale to other ue4 games.

All you need to do is make everything 4 times smaller than you think it needs to be, you can just extract someone else's mod to quickly find out the right scale to bypass the odd animation scale thing.

And the poly explosion I was having was another thing, I was working with a model from a new version of blender, but using old 2.8 for psk plugin, the weights were fucked and auto weight decided to give all the vertex groups different names, so... poly explosion.

Alright, I've tried scaling everything to .25 in blender, scaling just the mesh to .25, setting the scale in the fbx export to .25, and also setting the import scale in unreal to .25
None of them fix the issue ?

Extracted your mod's mesh and imported it to blender, its the same scale as mine

Hmm, weird, I can give you one of my blend files when I get home in like 5 hours..., I know my psk plugin sets my blender unit scale to 0.01 and I've just ran with that even in the new blender.

Scaling is weird, I matched my early versions to mods by user619. Not sure if my cooked files are the same scale. I don't remember my blender size or UEeditor size, I pretty sure I remember that my old mods also showed .25 expected in UEeditor, but I've just used what worked lately.