Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Fuck, I don't see anything wrong. All my ue4 settings are set to default. I assume my blend file exported to fbx also inflates? I tried some things and i was only able to replicate the issue by having the parent skeleton in blender set to something other than x0.25 y0.08 z0.38 or having the scale not transformed to 1x1x1

Alright after fucking around with it a bunch more it seemed to decide to randomly work this timeimage.thumb.png.4ed4e796b3543a25fc4f62b38f89d677.png

Alright now i just need to figure out how to hide the original limb parts without editing the head's mesh (since you can't do that currently, right?) and then just adjust some textures so the shading is a bit more matching
image.png.5907b28206d8e1b51e89a27ff748f416.png

Edited by HongChina

The head arms and legs are all on the kena mesh. The face uses a special animation technique so they need different scale factors when we reimport them. I have not tried to scale the head back up to size, but if it is anything like the clothes then all the vertices associated with the affected bones need to be independently scaled up by some random number, but most of them need x4 what I am using (so expected dimensions instead of the .25).

Oh ya that is said, but I haven't touched the kena mesh because the clothes come out... Lumpy Also IDK how to re-import it since it doesn't have a ABP

You are free to use my 3Dmigoto files if it would be convenient for you.

Edited by notrustk

One more issue is that when Kena dunks in water, he body gets noticeably darker than her face.

Does anyone know what texture applies to this? It seems to be the last issue I have with the model

image.thumb.png.30f551f9293bbf4d6880091242d915c6.png

@MemoryH

Check this comment at the bottom, about animation blueprints

@HongChina I don't think the wetness is a texture, I think it is a material property, I made my custom materials based on the skin.uasset because it is the one used on her arms, I had previously used the head.uasset but it did not have the emissive mask setup for the scar's glow.

Also the red scar emissive, I am led to believe is used once or twice in later fights/story.

I had issues with there being more than necessary textures linked in my custom materials, so I had to add some characters to the texture link names, so it would point to nothing.

Toa custom materials

I would love to know what part of the uasset controls the wetness tho

T pose can be caused by a lot of things, but the things that come to mind are, the animation blueprint not being attached, or being named wrong, or yesterday I t posed because I accidentally made the mesh the parent.

Edited by notrustk

Yup our custom material is loading the clothing normal map, you can get it to stop loading it in by changing 

"/Game/Mochi/Characters/Kena/Textures/Body/kena_cloth_NORMAL" to 
"/Game/Mochi/Characters/Kena/Textures/Body/[A_Different_Name]"

I just added 00s to their name, but on the ones I was planning to edit eventually I changed to my naming scheme

image.jpeg.d9afdade11cb089fcfedcecf80cfea84.jpeg

Edited by notrustk

Hope this is fixable for the new mod. The inner thighs causes a dark shadow/texture under normal light. It's only when you apply a bright light facing it does it get rid of it. Though it would be nice not having to do this all the time for poses under certain lighting. If it can be fix that would be awesome. ?

k2.thumb.jpg.7b31b6e7171b6e4426323483bb6d9387.jpg

Spoiler

On the plus side, It's nice having both mods to able to switch between both.

k1.thumb.jpg.940e5a61fd562129683efa75c3008d51.jpg

Edited by Rarity Mane Six

I think that is the "_AO_R_M" texture, I just kinda slapped one together, green is shade, orange is not, kinda.

Judging by the name:

ambient occlusion, magenta bright to green dark

roughness, yellow soft to blue rough

metallic, cyan not shiny to red shiny

Edited by notrustk
9 hours ago, Rarity Mane Six said:

Hope this is fixable for the new mod. The inner thighs causes a dark shadow/texture under normal light. It's only when you apply a bright light facing it does it get rid of it. Though it would be nice not having to do this all the time for poses under certain lighting. If it can be fix that would be awesome. ?

k2.thumb.jpg.7b31b6e7171b6e4426323483bb6d9387.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

On the plus side, I was able to get both mods to work to able to switch between both. I don't have the other outfits yet but im sure they also work for the nude ver.

k1.thumb.jpg.940e5a61fd562129683efa75c3008d51.jpg

I think the easier way is to increase the number of faces of the body.

If you use blender
1. You can use ctral+L to select kena's body in edit mod
2. mesh -> Merge -> By Distance to merge all duplicate vertices
3. Alt+j for face to Quads
4. edge -> subdivids and adjust with smoot
5. Ctrl+T switch back to Tris face.

4 hours ago, g29504569 said:

I think the easier way is to increase the number of faces of the body.

If you use blender
1. You can use ctral+L to select kena's body in edit mod
2. mesh -> Merge -> By Distance to merge all duplicate vertices
3. Alt+j for face to Quads
4. edge -> subdivids and adjust with smoot
5. Ctrl+T switch back to Tris face.

Ya the mod also needs a subdivide, but what is the purpose of changing the faces? The topology on my mod breaks when I convert the originally quads to tris

The shadow area is behaving like ao from my experience, I didn't know low poly could do something similar

Edited by notrustk

HongChina's mod needs a subdivide and likely needs an Ambient Occlusion texture or a dummy one.

I was just curious, so I followed your instructions on. I was only experimenting with changing quads to tris and vise versa. I started with squares and some kites, but I ended up with rectangles, rhombuses, and some triangles after subdivision. I'll play with it later.

You are right about subdividing tris creating distortions, but that shouldn't matter too much with our usecase and only doing one division.

The subdivide modifier is the same as edge->subdivide, but edge->subdivide let's you select the affected vertices in an object.

I have learned some  new stuff thank you