Unity (UABE) model import?!

Hi there,

Is anyone aware of a way to import an edited mesh into a unity game?

UABE allows for texture modding and model exports but I am stumped trying to test a mesh mod back into the game.

I have UABE, and unity hub setup and have already managed to export and edit the mesh now stuck at importing.

Are you speaking of a compiled game made with Unity?

If so (and the game is not very old, let's say after 2017) then all assets (meshes and all other files) are usually packed in some specific files by defualt.

Most of the commercial games alter slightly the way to pack them, but often not much.

And it is possible to replace the items inside these packed files. Replacing a mesh, in most of the cases works just fine.

And, no, you do not really need unity Hub to do that. You need some extra tool.

Again, results are not guaranteed.

7 hours ago, CPU said:

Are you speaking of a compiled game made with Unity?

If so (and the game is not very old, let's say after 2017) then all assets (meshes and all other files) are usually packed in some specific files by defualt.

Most of the commercial games alter slightly the way to pack them, but often not much.

And it is possible to replace the items inside these packed files. Replacing a mesh, in most of the cases works just fine.

And, no, you do not really need unity Hub to do that. You need some extra tool.

Again, results are not guaranteed.

Can you elaborate on the needed tool.

The game was indeed released in december 2019.

There is a modder who has made replacers for the game (UABE mod installer installer .exe) where you set the mod by specifying the"Game_Data" directory containing  "Streaming Assets".

If i can somehow unpack that UABE exe and add my mesh to his model, the importing would proceed as he set it up.

Unfortunately the  modder is japanese so communication is an issue.

I can share the .exe file if you are interested in unpacking it if it is easier since I havent found a way to import the mesh directly into the game.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, CPU said:

What the game is? It is easier to check if the game_data folder is the standard Unity one or not.

If it is the standard one you have many tools to unpack and repack it.

The game is called action taimanin and attached is a snip of the installer with the directory