How do import a complete skyrim character into blender?

No so easy.

But you can try to export the NIFs for the different parts (body, face, armor) using NIFSkope and saving them as OBJ.

Probably textures will be lost and you have parts you have then to regroup but can be a starting point.

35 minutes ago, CPU said:

No so easy.

But you can try to export the NIFs for the different parts (body, face, armor) using NIFSkope and saving them as OBJ.

Probably textures will be lost and you have parts you have then to regroup but can be a starting point.

Thats what I was fearing was the case after doing some research. I guess a better method would just to create an animation in blender, export it to skyrim as a mod and then use the animation on my character in game. But then the issue is finding or creating some sort if green screen room inside of the game.

You aware that you need to convert the animations to some HKX files (Havok animationfiles) to use them in game?

And this is right now quite a pain to do with all versions of 3D tools.

1 hour ago, CPU said:

You aware that you need to convert the animations to some HKX files (Havok animationfiles) to use them in game?

And this is right now quite a pain to do with all versions of 3D tools.

I found this. Specifically the part where you go from blender back to the game is:

• Export from Blender (updatedAnimation.kf)

• Export -> NetImmersive/Gamebryo (.nif)

• Process -> Animation only (kf)

• Open updatedAnimation.kf in NifSkope and make changes for Cycle Type, Stop Time and Root Node (if necessary)

• NifSkope

• Accum Root Name = NPC Root [Root]

• Use hkxcmd to convert KF back into LE HKX (32bit)

• hkxcmd convertkf skeleton32.hkx updatedAnimation.kf updatedAnimation32.hkx

• Use HavokBehaviorPostProcess to upgrade to SE HKX (64bit)

• Skyrim SE tools (Skyrim Special Edition\Tools\HavokBehaviorPostProcess\)

• HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe --platformamd64 updatedAnimation32.hkx updatedAnimation.hkx

Is this a good way of doing it?

hkxcmd at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

i believe you do not need  hkxcmd  ( you are not making any mod containing animation for fnis ? ) 

you can always replace existante original animation.kf with the one you make .

it is not complicate to import to blender from file.nif   

as CPU said you need to assemble all parts to one file.nif  ( for vanila stuff you need "bsa extraxtor"  ) hair , head , eyes , ears , upperbody , lowerbody , hands and feet .   The hard part is the face  ( character presets ) ! 

Modders: Import/Export Skyrim LE & SE meshes directly from Blender - Skyrim General Discussion - LoversLab

it is a blender plug in   you need it so blender would recognise the files .  the last released version is here Release Blender Niftools Addon - v0.0.6 · niftools/blender_niftools_addon · GitHub

as i reinitialized my pc last year did not install any software yet !

you have in this link a video tutorial to how to install the addon ; you follow the clean install with the v0.006 , than you follow the update video tutorial 

and install the v1.3  ( like this you have the 2 versions installed and you can jump from one to the other ). 

if the last blender 2.93LTS does not work with those addons go to the previous version and grab 2.92 or 2.82 of blender .

Edited by coolfreaky