Non-working hotkey problem

I'd like to dedicate this thread to the discussion of the common "missing hotkey" problem, where the hotkeys that advance stages or change character positions do not activate. From my experience, it seems that this issue arises from an improper  upgrade from a previous version. I've had this problem and I manage to solve it for now at least, the following way (as described in the opening post of the developer's thread)

The proper upgrade steps for upgrading are as follows:

• With your current installation, go into MCM and select the "Rebuild & Clean" page.
  • Click on the row that says "Clean System"
  • You will be prompted to close all your current menus, do so.
  • After closing your menus and being told the system clean is complete, save your game.
  • Quit Skyrim
  • Disable SexLab.esm and any SexLab mods you have enabled in your load order
  • Relaunch Skyrim and load your save from step 4
  • Once loaded back into the game, now with SexLab disabled, save your game again
  • Quit Skyrim
  • Install the newest version of SexLab Framework, Rev 4, along with the newest Sexlab Resources, version 20130511, and enable the updated SexLab.esm within your load order
  • Run the Generate FNIS For Users script from FNIS, making sure the line "Reading SexLab ..." shows up
  • Relaunch Skyrim and load your save from step 8
  • Once loaded back into the game, you should be good to continue with Rev 4, save your game again

Although it might not work for everyone, it's definitely something you should try before taking on more drastic measures such as starting a new save and/or deleting all your mods. If anyone else has this problem, or  any other methods of dealing with it, please feel free to contribute to this thread.

I include this for the sake of thoroughness.

If the hotkeys fail to work part of the time and work ok at other times, verify that the following setting is unchecked in SexLab:

SexLab has a player option in the MCM menu with the "Disable Hotkeys" option checked by default -which is used in the situation  "IF and ONLY IF the player is a VICTIM".  This setting works exactly as intended, it is not a fault in SexLab. Remove the check mark, and you will have working hotkeys during both consensual and victim animations.

I know there are other types of hotkey problems this will not solve.

I just upgraded to the most recent version (4c I think) from an older version (3b). The good news is that the animations work and that Sexlab Romance and chat also still work. The not so good news is that I have lost my configuration menu. It just does not display as an option. Sexlab romance is still there, but not sexlab itself. So I do not even know what the new hotkeys are. I followed the upgrade instructions to the letter. Please tell me how I can access the hotkey menu (which I will need for future upgrades).

Let me add that this is a fantastic mod. Thank you for making it.

I just upgraded to the most recent version (4c I think) from an older version (3b). The good news is that the animations work and that Sexlab Romance and chat also still work. The not so good news is that I have lost my configuration menu. It just does not display as an option. Sexlab romance is still there, but not sexlab itself. So I do not even know what the new hotkeys are. I followed the upgrade instructions to the letter. Please tell me how I can access the hotkey menu (which I will need for future upgrades).

Let me add that this is a fantastic mod. Thank you for makin

I have exact the same problem

My hotkeys wasnt working so i reinstalled the mod following the procedure to the letter.

Been playing alot with LoversPK and was  waiting for this mod to arrive in skyrim to bad i cant make it work. The hotkey(got a scandinavian keyboard) problem has been there since i tried this exelent framework out the first time a while ago.

Hoping for some help the only mods i have is the requiered ones to make sexlab work +working girl

Thanx

If the hotkeys fail to work part of the time and work ok at other times, verify that the following setting is unchecked in SexLab:

SexLab has a player option in the MCM menu with the "Disable Hotkeys" option checked by default -which is used in the situation  "IF and ONLY IF the player is a VICTIM".  This setting works exactly as intended, it is not a fault in SexLab. Remove the check mark, and you will have working hotkeys during both consensual and victim animations.

I cant find the option "Disable Hotkeys"

I cant find the option "Disable Hotkeys"

That's because it's not "Disable Hotkeys" it's labeled as "Disable Victim Controls" in the MCM menu.

Thanx for reply.

Tried  "Disable Victim Controls" it didnt work :-/  no hotkeys

To adjust: Holding shift while tapping ex L-key?

Should i try to whipe out the mod an all the files start a new game and reinstall? (starting all over my toon is level52)Ive got another problem maybe not Sexlab related: My toon is floating a feet over ground

ScreenShot2_zps04d8b248.png

if i couldt fix this  the animations would at least be alligned

Thanx

This happens when "Toogle Collisions For Player" is activated. Fancy, it seems to be the same height I witnessed - something moving the character up (unnoticed without this setting, as it would Havok-settle at once)?

Try "Delete Saved Adjustments" - it fixed the alignment in my test just now.

- On topic: Not an update issue - first time use with new game. Some hotkeys do work - "Change Animation Set", "Change Actor Being Moved", "Delete Saved Adjustments"; others do not - "Move Actor - Left/Right", "Move Actor - Up/Down".

Tested via SexLab Submit without "Disable Victim Controls" (just to be sure).

Answer posted to deleted (tested and dismissed) theory, so here it is:

"Mayhap an issue with a german keyboard layout? Does the game check the key code or the character?"

Testing has yielded that game input is language independent: Keys are properly registered as their UK layout symbol.

This is not the cause.

On topic: Not an update issue - first time use with new game. Some hotkeys do work - "Change Animation Set"; others do not - "Move Actor - Left/Right".

Mayhap an issue with a german keyboard layout? Does the game check the key code or the character?

It uses dxscan codes, http://www.creationkit.com/Input_Script#DXScanCodes

Try changing your hotkeys from the config menu to something else.

Thanx for reply.

Tried  "Disable Victim Controls" it didnt work :-/  no hotkeys

To adjust: Holding shift while tapping ex L-key?

Should i try to whipe out the mod an all the files start a new game and reinstall? (starting all over my toon is level52)Ive got another problem maybe not Sexlab related: My toon is floating a feet over ground

ScreenShot2_zps04d8b248.png

if i couldt fix this  the animations would at least be alligned

Sorry for the big picture forgot how to make spoiler

Thanx

i already have that problem before but i already have fix it  . the problem is on the skeleton your using 

what i meant is about the floating char problem

i already have that problem before but i already have fix it  . the problem is on the skeleton your using 

Oh? Care to elaborate?

XPMS 1.8c, Chesko variant; it was fine when I tried Sanguines Debauchery. If there be a fault, I can report to xp32 for a fix... provided I knew what to report.

Oh? Care to elaborate?

XPMS 1.8c, Chesko variant; it was fine when I tried Sanguines Debauchery. If there be a fault, I can report to xp32 for a fix... provided I knew what to report.

try to use CHSBHC skeleton 

Oh? Care to elaborate?

try to use CHSBHC skeleton 

Thanx for reply

tried to switch skeleton to CHSBHC it didnt work .My toon is floating above ground when just standing/moving around normally!? (this maybe should be in another thread)

thanx

Edit: Floating problem solved with installing Sevennity body.

Still i havent got hotkeys :@

While working on some upgrades to SexLab (adding a rotate scene hotkey) I believe I found a possible reason for some peoples suddenly non-working hotkey problem. If something happens during animation to interrupt a hotkey's function causing it to infinite loop, the hotkey ready never returns to true, which means no hotkey's will work since it will forever think another hotkey is currently doing something.

Attached is the potential fix, just drop it into your data folder and overwrite the existing file (SexLabFramework.pex) then load a save where your hotkeys were broken, run "Clean System" from the Rebuild & Clean menu, wait for it to say it's done, save and reload.

This patch only addresses the hotkey breaking problem, if you haven't experienced that it is useless to you.

hotkeyfix.zip

Or if you know how to replicate the issue to where your hotkeys break, try breaking your hotkeys again on a new save.

Let me know your results.

The hotfix did not work for me i think i must remove/uninstall the mod all together and start a fresh :(

In what way was your hotkeys broken before, and what steps did you do to test the fix, such as what sexlab mod, what animation, on a save with hotkey problems already or on a new save, did you clean system save & reload.

And if you can provide a debug log of a quick play session where you just start an animation and try pressing each of the hotkeys that would be massively helpful, as would a load order.

Hotkeys have never not worked for me in any of the stable releases, and I haven't been able to replicate anybodies issues with it, which makes it next to impossible for me to fix without more info.

I did as suggested(i think) cleared the mod in menu

"just drop it into your data folder and overwrite the existing file (SexLabFramework.pex) then load a save where your hotkeys were broken, run "Clean System" from the Rebuild & Clean menu, wait for it to say it's done, save and reload".

The hotkeys never worked for me except in one of the first Sexlabs and then it was only" change possitions, and change animations the move actors never worked. So i havent got a save where it worked. So making a bug report where my hotkeys brake is not possible( btw how to make  a bug report?papyrys scrool?)

I tried updating(again)today and ended up with no MCM menu so i gave up

Tried playing a little testing the animations and they to eventually stopped working(shouldt learn to make a bug report)

Would really like to help (iwant this mod badly)

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
FNISspells.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
ZaZAnimationPackConfig.esp=1
SexLabMatchMaker.esp=1
SexLabWorkingGirl.esp=1
NiruinsBusinessPlan.esp=1
Children of Skyrim - NORD PRESETS 11-20.esp=1

Im having a scandinavin keyboard and have to fiddle around to find the keys if that has anything to do with anything :-/

Made i new manual install, keys are working. :shy: (Removed all Sexlab and related files files)

The previus install was overwritten many times but following instructions(clearing mod etc)

O-key working

L-key working

Spacebar working

Up/Down key working but how to change direction, it only works down not up?! Holding shift key and tapping up/down key:Down work.Tried to tab shift again to change direction didnt work , Only down work. Am i missing something?

Solved :shy:

Tested with WorkingGirl

About Papyrys Log: ive got 2 inis Skyrim and Skyrimrefs where to install?

Thanx

• 2 weeks later...

I've notice this. The positioning hotkeys seems to work fine on the 2nd actor. On the first actor they're not. I think the hotkey is registered because actor 1 blinks. But then i doesnt move an inch.
Any sugestion about what does that my means? Is not at all breaking the mod. Just wondering if reinstalling Sexlab would fix this.

I've notice this. The positioning hotkeys seems to work fine on the 2nd actor. On the first actor they're not. I think the hotkey is registered because actor 1 blinks. But then i doesnt move an inch.

Any sugestion about what does that my means? Is not at all breaking the mod. Just wondering if reinstalling Sexlab would fix this.

I have this same issue. I have ran clean system and reinstalled per instructions on saves......

• 4 weeks later...

Archived