Is it good ? thread

Veta

There are many games I want to buy but I am not sure whether they are good or not and I can't trust online reviews anymore after skyrim so in this thread we ask if a game is good or not and if someone has played it they answer  .

Mine

1st : Fable the lost chapters , loved and I mean loved the second one and hated the third with all my heat what about the first is it good ?

2nd This bundle  I've played Darkness 2 and what an amazing game it was , but I don't know about the other two , Borderlands 2 is my favorite game of 2012 and 2013 thus far so I'm guessing the first one is good too , as for Duke nukem Forever I heard some pretty bad things , but as I said don't trust reviewers any more , is it any good ?

Fable is nice but it is not have as much freedom as Fable 2. If you are looking for a lot of side activities you won't find it there. You might be disappointed if you are expecting scale of F2.

B1 is much same as B2, I got bored in half of game ;)

Duke is bad as they say so.

Fable is a nice game, not the best but it's ok. The basics are already the same as in the following parts, I can't give a comparison to part 2 because it was never released for pc, but I think it's better than part 3.

For Bordland 1 it is as windpl says for the most parts  it's as Borderlands 2 only the main story is not very good telled and not very motivating so it can get quite borring. The Intro of B2 tells everything that happens storywise in B1. The Story DLCs on the other hand are far more entertaining and the narrative style is more like in part 2. But 10$ for 3 games you can't do that much wrong there.

OT: I would not recomand to use the personal opinion of people, whose taste and likings you hardly know as a foundation for a purchase decision. Therefor we are all to different I would say. e.g. I think Skyrim is a good game, it gives me allmost erverything what i expect from an TES game and for it is better than oblivion. So any well made review a is a better reference point for that than a personal oponion

Skyrim was not better than oblivion , I have stated that opinion and the basis to support in on many different threads so I wont repeat myself . As for the review vs personal opinion most reviewers let pop culture and many times bribes affect their reviews of games , while on the other hand the few people that browse the gaming thread in LL have no reason to lie about a game and share their likes and dislikes on games . 

I say this because I sometimes make small articles/reviews ( it may not show from my english but I speak my native language fluently) for a gaming site in my country and whenever I try to point out a repeated mistake of a publisher or developer it is edited out of the article as "it is not wise to offend the big boys" according to the chief editor .

You see we have a complet diverent view on that, so if we took the opinion of the other as a foundation for a purchase decision for skyrim we would be in any case ill-advised. It's not about that anyone here isn't honest.

That with the censorship is a real problem withinh the game journalism. The problem is in no other genre the critics are so economically dependent from the criticized. If they piss a publisher to much off they don't get any precview conntent and pre release testversions. If your competitors can provide such content but you not you will probably loss audience. The magazins and huge review portals should act more together in that matter so they could change something.

I find them quite entertaining especially the first part because they caricature the whole lord of the ring clichés. Humorwise the second part is not that good than the first. The gameplay is in both almost the same, it's all about to micro manage your minions through fights and riddles, but when i rember correctly it is a bit improved in the second part.

KOTOR? Bought it reduced, but still comtemplating whether or not to use up all that precious disk space

Kotor 1 is a truly amazing game it's worth every single byte .

Lol Oblivion better than Skyrim, that's really funny.

what's so funny about it that would make you lol ? Have you played oblivion ?

I personally found Oblivion really boring in front of Morrowind, mostly because boredom co;es fast when visiting the plane of oblivion and I enjoyed Skyrim story more than Oblivion one (I am speaking about unmodded games here).

The RPG gameplay was better IMO in Oblivion, sometimes Skyrim feels like an action game more than a RPG.

KOTOR is a very nice game but it ages badly (like most games..), but if you enjoy Star Wars universe and the graphics are not pushing you away this is indeed a great game.

Borderlands 2 is a very fun game even if the gameplay is somewhat limited, I never played B1 more than 20 minutes as it got me bored from the start.

Duke Nukem Forever is bad, but for one gameplay it is playable if you find it for cheap and it can make you smile once or twice.

I usually go to metacritic to see what people and professionals are saying about a game.

Oblivion is a broken mess, even with mods. For me I found it very bland, most environments were the same (people would argue this about Skyrim as well but I disagree, my first playthrough I never asked myself "Haven't I already been here?", which was a constant question on my mind in Oblivion). I paid $60 for it as well which was a huge ripoff considering how incredibly broken the game was on launch, not to mention the worst and most broken RPG mechanic I have ever seen. I guess I shouldn't expect any different from bethesda but at least Skyrim was playable at launch. Personally I like the dark tone of Skyrim and I don't mind that the color scheme is a little depressing (though with an ENB this is not a problem). Oblivion was too colorful IMO, especially for the subject matter. It was disappointing for me, though I admit Lovers PK and the body mods released for it were amazing.

Guest ThatOne

Here's my two cents about Overlord and Fable:

-Fable: The combat was way too easy. You can't possibly die unless you just stand there, and even if you somehow do you have resurrection phials that bring you right back up with full health and mana. The game was also quite short - I finished it in 5-6 hours the first (and only) time I've played it.

-Overlord I: Good length and rather fun. Farming souls for your equipment is tedious, but can be forgiven. However, it's kind of buggy and has not-the-best pathing.

The Raising Hell expansion, while not as fun as the original game, was still worth the money in my opinion.

-Overlord II: Not quite the masterpiece the first was, but it has minion mounts! Didn't encounter any bugs on this one, and it was over-all a very fun game.

Here's my two cents about Overlord and Fable:

-Fable: The combat was way too easy. You can't possibly die unless you just stand there, and even if you somehow do you have resurrection phials that bring you right back up with full health and mana. The game was also quite short - I finished it in 5-6 hours the first (and only) time I've played it.

-Overlord I: Good length and rather fun. Farming souls for your equipment is tedious, but can be forgiven. However, it's kind of buggy and has not-the-best pathing.

The Raising Hell expansion, while not as fun as the original game, was still worth the money in my opinion.

-Overlord II: Not quite the masterpiece the first was, but it has minion mounts! Didn't encounter any bugs on this one, and it was over-all a very fun game.

^ this.

Fable and overlord are memorable and extremely fun to the core.

Generally you played both legacy of hero/Villain in their own fantasy world with all it's consequences, the puzzles and performing actors are the best of it's own kind.

Make sure you have the time for fun. It's not advised to play the game while you're in the bad mood for humour cuz it'll ruin the whole puzzle, prank and fairytale. Just like Pixar entertainment.

I am amazed there are people that have to ask if Deus Ex is good.

I am even more amazed that there are people that don't already have it.

Real talk; It's a masterpiece.

You know the rule, everytime someone mentions Deus Ex, someone is going to reinstall it. :lol:

(Goes for Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines as well)

I am amazed there are people that have to ask if Deus Ex is good.

I am even more amazed that there are people that don't already have it.

Real talk; It's a masterpiece.

You know the rule, everytime someone mentions Deus Ex, someone is going to reinstall it. :lol:

(Goes for Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines as well)

False!

I never uninstalled it, both of them - ;some of my hdd data remember win 98.

And about Overlord, for such price you don't even need to know if it is good, just buy it :P

Archived