Reginald's PreFab ShackFest - removed from nexus

Hi, I hope this is ok to post here.

I'm using wabbajack to install a mod list for fallout 4 vr. however one of the dependencies "Reginald's PreFab ShackFest" no longer exists on nexus (where the list is being pulled from).

This is where it should be

I found this site and it looks like the site it was made (by Reginald?). Any idea on the reason it was pulled from nexus?

A lot of mod authors are removing mods from Nexus due to a questionable change in their policies. Reginald is one of those authors. I THINK he/she will rehost it elsewhere, but not sure.

EDIT: Gave Reginald a heads up on Discord, and he gave me this link.

Edited by Lucifeller
1 hour ago, frustin said:

Hi, I hope this is ok to post here.

I'm using wabbajack to install a mod list for fallout 4 vr. however one of the dependencies "Reginald's PreFab ShackFest" no longer exists on nexus (where the list is being pulled from).

This is where it should be

I found this site and it looks like the site it was made (by Reginald?). Any idea on the reason it was pulled from nexus?

Perhaps if Wabbajack had contacted me, to ask for permission to use my assets, then we could have worked together to make the transition go seamlessly. As it is tho...

Edited by Reginald_001
On 8/6/2021 at 6:14 AM, Reginald_001 said:

Perhaps if Wabbajack had contacted me, to ask for permission to use my assets, then we could have worked together to make the transition go seamlessly. As it is tho...

Wabbajack doesn't include your assets, it just automates downloading and installing user-created lists of mods from supported sites. Which includes LoversLab, BTW, so by having your mod available here it's still possible to automate its download and installation through Wabbajack.

9 minutes ago, RoKFenris said:

Wabbajack doesn't include your assets, it just automates downloading and installing user-created lists of mods from supported sites. Which includes LoversLab, BTW, so by having your mod available here it's still possible to automate its download and installation through Wabbajack.

The difference being, Loverslab still grants control to authors and I can update or remove my mods at any time of my choosing.

What's your investment in this anyway? I don't remember you working on my mods together with me. ?

Here's an example of a better response maybe:

"Hey Reg, thanks for investing your personal free time in making this awesome (enough to add to our list) free mod and sharing it with us. Here's how much downloads it got and here's where people are responding to it. And we had this issue with compatibility, maybe you know what's up there?"

How awesome that would have been, to have a collaborative relationship, instead of a parasitical one.

Ahh.. one can dream.

I'm still open to that, you know? With perhaps 1 or 2 concessions on either side.

Edited by Reginald_001

You need to take it to the list author, then; the Wabbajack team doesn't create the lists, and Wabbajack itself just automates downloading, installing, and patching mods according to a user-supplied machine-readable instruction list.

And my only interest in this is as a Wabbajack user. It enables me to get a 200-mods install list in working shape in less than a day, compared with the week (or more) that it would previously take me to do the same thing and freeing up many hours for me to play instead of solving mod compatibility issues. When your average installed mod list is above a hundred mods you start looking at everything that can help you manage and fix it.